It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Change the lens you view; NO RIGHT - NO LEFT. Then what?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Recently, I noticed a few threads over the past couple months really lay down the gauntlet, claiming ATS is too far right wing.

I personally have a different theory;

You have to remember what politics are. Simply put: people that exist to solve rooted problems for our survival; but it's these rooted problems we tend to forget are what create the entire web of matrices we debate as politics.

For this thread, I want everyone to look at things through a different lens; to understand the nature of viewpoint in our country today. If you strip away RIGHT/TRUMP-LEFT/OBAMA... take away all of it, let's say we have no government and are all simply one large tribe... what are we still faced with; rooted problems

WE ARE BEING FACED with some serious 'ROOTED PROBLEMS' this century as populations grow and people become more evil.

The majority have always had a 'what's the most common sense' approach to solving these rooted problems, and it just so happens, their beliefs on how to solve these problems are being defended by a sole 'political' position.

People are not rallying behind the right, or Trump because they bleed republican blood, or because they are obsessed with Trump himself. It's that HE is the only one DOING what they feel is the most practical way to solve the 'rooted problem's at hand and keep US and our country SAFE and SOVEREIGN; even if it means sacrifice of outsiders.

The sad thing is this is not a RIGHT vs LEFT situation. It's made out to be by our media, but it's not. What is it? Americans as a majority are like a cult, we care solely about our own survival. It's instinct........ BUT a select amount of our population believes they can and wants to save everyone, risking the very protection everyone takes for granted.

Let me explain in analogy:

There are birds outside your home huddled around the side of your garage in the middle of a major wind/rain storm. They won't make it through the storm.

Some people in humanity have deep enough heart, to where they would open their windows and attempt to save the birds, without care that they are causing thousands of dollars in water damage to their carpet and home interior. That is the 'common sense' thing for what the MSM labels as 'LEFT' to do, because that is how THAT specific group of individual thinks........

....but the majority of Americans would simply keep their windows locked and shut, because, simply put; they are just birds. Why would anyone cause thousands of dollars in damage to their home, over a couple birds? So what you have is a certain percent of the population thinking and realizing the house can be replaced, but life cannot............. AND the other 90% sees a birds life as inferior, and labels 'common sense' as to avoiding all the damage to their property. 90% of Americans would be in their basements, riding out the storm, not because it's to dangerous they have too, but because they are 100% guaranteed safe 'just in case'.

It just so happens, TRUMP (NOT the person, but POLITICS at its true meaning- aka a person representing a solution) is about keeping the windows locked, because he doesn't care about a buncha birds that live outside, he cares about the people living in the house and the long run of footing the bill to fix it. This MATCHES what the common sense of the majority are thinking as a solution.

Another example, more practical:

You have a specific group of country's', who's government harbor terrorists, but also abuse their citizens. They knowingly are going around causing attacks in the world. Paris, UK, etc. Sadly, a tiny percentage of those terrorists are slipping through security systems hiding as refugees.

The majority of our country would say 'common sense' thing to do is to SHUT DOWN our borders, and take 0% risk of an attack........ BUT help none of the refugees. Thus caring mainly about 'Americans', instead of about humans in general. Most 'Americans' see their country as one big family.......

.....but there is a large percentage of the population who want to help the refugees, because they value human life in general, over solely American; they would risk open borders to help human life, but also not care that they are RISKING a 'possible' terrorist attack and great loss of American life.... aka water damage to the home.

There are two kinds of people in this world: Neither version is 'right' or 'wrong' (not 'right' or 'left').

One that would kill 20,000 to save 2,000,000.
A second that would risk all 2,000,000, with hopes of losing no one.

RIGHT. LEFT.

Neither is right, neither is wrong (or left). One is more safe- but more ruthless, one is more compassionate- but more dangerous.

It just so happens the majority of the people on this website are not simply RIGHT WING TRUMPETERS..... they are people who's common sense tells them to protect their own tribe, and kill 20,000 outsiders to save 2,000,000 of their own.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To the ones who would be willing to risk losing everyone with hopes of losing no one... I commend your compassion, but I ask you this one question?

What happens when the compassion that holds your heart together, tears you apart? Nature is deadly, it's the circle of life. Your cities do not deny you of nature. Why fight facing the inevitable? Without losers, there would not be winners. Without TAO, there would be no energy. Trying to save the world, only leads to self sacrifice.

Your taking for granted the safety, that the common sense of the majority's tough decisions provide for you.... and this is why they snap at you or get angry. It has nothing to do with Trump. It's simply a slap in the face to those who have made tough humanitarian, yet necessary, decisions, that have protected you, to even allow you to have the 'right' to feel the way you feel. Nobody wants to lose the compassion that makes us human, but everybody wants to survive. It's extremely hypocritical to benefit from the safety of what you hate.

Short neck Giraffes were meant to die. Otherwise you lose the food that you can reach to their competition. You can't interrupt nature... and it just so happens as a species, our 'bird of paradise' feathers; is our technology. We've traded our 'long twitch' chimpanzee muscles, for electricity. Power comes in many forms. In nature, the strong survive.

So cut the bull# about people being too far right wingers, or on Trumps nuts when people on this site put others in check for ideologies that are just NOT common sense or plausible. Don't confuse realists with the merciful, by falling for the political defining your force fed everyday. People need to accept the 'THEM or ME' stem of nature, and stop using their political masks to hide the irrationality and dangers of being overly compassionate.

What we are seeing is a battle between the value of life.

edit on 26-7-2019 by Pavlik because: grammical errors

edit on 26-7-2019 by Pavlik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   
It begs the question....why are we the only species on earth that promotes the weak and genetically flawed.

Most animals only get to breed the "best". Yet humans breed with impunity...and impurity. Im looking at you Appalachia!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Pavlik

The right/left paradigm is serving it's purpose exactly as intended. Break us up and pit us against each other = control 101.
People I think know the deeper enemies, yet continue to ignore them for the easy fish the msm gives us on purpose, which is a show. It's all fake to hide the real wizards behind the curtain.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
ahhh never mind not worth the hassle.
edit on 26-7-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   

It just so happens the majority of the people on this website are not simply RIGHT WING TRUMPSTERS..... they are people who's common sense tells them to protect their own tribe, and kill 20,000 outsiders to save 2,000,000 of their own.

The fact is, no Conservative/Republican is advocating for the death of anyone. Just build a damn wall to prevent non citizens from entering our country illegally. Have them go thru legal ports of entry, so they can be vetted and go thru the process of gaining citizenship. Instead of playing political theater, perhaps the Democrats can work with Republicans to improve and speed up the process of gaining citizenship into our country. Meanwhile, our U.S. immigration authorities are backlogged with applications, border wall construction is moving at a snail's pace and undocumented immigrants continue to flood into our country, overwhelming our border agents and detainment facilities.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Or, and here's a crazy thought.... Those migrants could put half the energy it takes into crossing thousands of miles and direct it towards fixing their own countries.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   
There are 7.7 billion people on Earth and they, outside the US are breeding like horny rabbits. The question is, should we destroy our country, our tribe, to lend aid and comfort to the careless masses that aren’t interested in conforming to our tribe? The simple and smart answer is hell no. The ones interested in conformity are coming in through legal ports of entry and they we will accept.

Do we risk the life we have build for 327 million Americans for the people that wish to over run our boarders? Over run our laws and culture? A simple hell no will do.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Nice OP and I agree with most of your points.

You have to remember what politics are. Simply put: people that exist to solve rooted problems for our survival; but it's these rooted problems we tend to forget are what create the entire web of matrices we debate as politics.

I would say a more accurate statement would be that politicians in general exist to create wealth and power for themselves. They only solve problems where they can skim off enough money to make it worth their while or where they can gain more political power. Also, they manufacture problems that don't exist or blow them out of proportion when it leads to more power and more opportunity to skim money off the top.

There are birds outside your home huddled around the side of your garage in the middle of a major wind/rain storm. They won't make it through the storm.

Some people in humanity have deep enough heart, to where they would open their windows and attempt to save the birds, without care that they are causing thousands of dollars in water damage to their carpet and home interior. That is the 'common sense' thing for what the MSM labels as 'LEFT' to do, because that is how THAT specific group of individual thinks.......

My problem with the "left" is that they wouldn't let the birds in their house but they would force me through the legal power of the government to let the birds in my house and expect me to pay for their food and if I said anything negative about it they would say it's proof that I hate birds.

Other than those two points, you are spot on.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Some people in humanity have deep enough heart, to where they would open their windows and attempt to save the birds,

Some just like to virtue signal until the rubber meets the road ...

edit on 26-7-2019 by AttitudeProblem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

It just so happens the majority of the people on this website are not simply RIGHT WING TRUMPSTERS..... they are people who's common sense tells them to protect their own tribe, and kill 20,000 outsiders to save 2,000,000 of their own.

The fact is, no Conservative/Republican is advocating for the death of anyone. Just build a damn wall to prevent non citizens from entering our country illegally. Have them go thru legal ports of entry, so they can be vetted and go thru the process of gaining citizenship. Instead of playing political theater, perhaps the Democrats can work with Republicans to improve and speed up the process of gaining citizenship into our country. Meanwhile, our U.S. immigration authorities are backlogged with applications, border wall construction is moving at a snail's pace and undocumented immigrants continue to flood into our country, overwhelming our border agents and detainment facilities.

My apologies. I was using an extreme analogy if ever faced with that kind of crisis. I didn't mean actually kill anybody at the border either. I just meant the 'THEM or ME analogy'. We DO need a wall. Walls have been around since the beginning of man, one cannot deny that. There is a reason for it.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 26-7-2019 by Pavlik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Actually right and left is defined in a way where it loosely applies to EVERY SOCIETY..

Democrats/republican has shifting definitions and positions.

Right= conserve the traditions of the past, or return to some bygone era of greatness..

Left = ignore traditions and try new stuff...

edit on 26-7-2019 by JustJohnny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Most leftist are in fact conservative when it comes to their own lives... they solve those rooted problems the same.

The difference is leftist like to virtue signal on issues that don't actually affect them directly. For example, one of my neighbors has a sign in her yard talking about helping the refugees at the border (what if it was your family?!). However, they have an alarm and a locked front door on their home. So I am sure they wouldn't mind if me and my family just decided to move into their house and make ourselves at home. I mean, I am a refugee.... or better yet, I am sure they aren't taking in any refugees to live in their home.

However, having the sign in their front yard shows how "woke" they are to their neighbors and makes them feel good but doesn't actually solve the problem.

On the other hand, I guarantee if I just put a MAGA sign in my front yard, my house would be TPed or vandalized.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   

To the ones who would be willing to risk losing everyone with hopes of losing no one... I commend your compassion, but I ask you this one question?

What happens when the compassion that holds your heart together, tears you apart?

"Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Emma Lazarus - from the Statue of Liberty.

That compassion you talk about so frighteningly once built the greatest country in the world. Frankly, it says a lot that people have forgotten that and allowed fear to have such a foothold in their lives that they would deny to others the freedoms they take for granted.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Excellent post OP.

A couple of observations though,

I don't think ATS has become more "right wing" than it ever was. There is definitely more political discussion than ever before, but I beleive it represents an accurate cross section of the views of those who are informed, and aware.

I also think you are overstating the "compassion" of many leftists. My proof of this would be the fact that, litterally, millions of Africans are starving, and are in much more dire straights than these central American individuals, yet I haven't heard any sympathy, or lobbying on their behalf. That indicates to me that it is faux concern, and really just a weaponized political issue, and an obvious attempt to swell the ranks of dem voters.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Recently, I noticed a few threads over the past couple months really lay down the gauntlet, claiming ATS is too far right wing.

ATS is not too far right. It may be far right, but that is not too far. It is what it is. For people who lean more to the left ATS can be a learning experience taking the more serious of our conservative member's points of view and trying to understand that other perspective. I think that this is the nut of your OP.

While this is a good thing, there are all to many ''conservative'' supporting members who are not here to teach, but to bludgeon ''lefties'' with their superior truth. All this does is turn people off and spark verbal retaliation.

Did I mention that the left here does that as well? They do, it is just that ATS is predominantly oriented to the right so we see more of that persuasion.

I get from your OP is that you think that these two sides do not listen to each other enough and attempt to reach a fuller comprehension of these issues that we fight over. I agree. ATS should be a place of learning and not a place of brow beating. It should be a resource and not a battle field.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

There are 7.7 billion people on Earth and they, outside the US are breeding like horny rabbits

What utter BS you do realise many countries outside the USA have falling populations, that many countries outside the US aren’t 3rd world backward countries. That the US itself outside of native Americans are all descendants of immigrants?

You talk as if the US is united in its beliefs and values and everyone conforms to such but that clearly isn’t the case.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

1) Are you sure you are not confusing actual mainstream democrat/liberal ideologies and policy proposals with the Fox new fake policy proposals that no one in authority has ever proposed???

For example...

No politician on either side has ever tried to ban and confiscate all the guns..

None have tried for totally open borders..

None for abortion up to the last second..

There is no vast conspiracy by the thousands of non conservative media groups to make republicans look bad.. no one who isn’t a conservative buys Thor nonsense

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   
5 monkeysText

Nice write up OP. The 5 monkey synopsis is just as plausible today as it was when the U.S. turned into a 2 headed same face Democratic and Republican oligarchy. I will submit as depending on which side of the coin your on, getting to the truth of any matter has one thinking outside there political affiliation!

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   
World peace an fornication?

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGreatWork

And this is exactly what the majority of people on ATS used to subscribe to but everything changed once Obama got elected. There used to be (mainly) solidarity of everyone here being anti-gov't regardless of who is in charge at the moment. It blows my mind that people on here now think that Trump is somehow different than all the rest. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join