It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hitting the Right political buttons....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Cool bro.

To be clear I was more saying that its the membership who are basically right-wing not the site itself.

I am talking about ATS as a right wing site in terms of its membership and how that impacts on how those members support political opinions.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Yep.

Imagine if he tried to socialize medicine.

You'd hold a parade for him and I'd be storming the castle.

HAHA!!!

thats exactly what I was thinking.

Lets face it though thats probably not ever going to happen but its a bit of a interesting thought that we can imagine something happening that would almost flip our support that is more to do with our personal views than the individual and thats how I think it should be.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

To be clear I was more saying that its the membership who are basically right-wing not the site itself.

FWIW, I think you're pretty spot on correct about that. The Leftist members seem to have dropped out some time ago.

Maybe its the case that there are forums like ATS where its mostly Leftists/Progressive/Cultural Marxist types that hang out.

But as far as US politics are concerned, ATS has become a right wing echo chamber..............with a few exceptions, but they are few and far between.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Maybe it's because ATS is one of those places on the internet where right-wingers aren't censored for existing.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I honestly cant tell anymore if someone is doing an absolutely brilliant parody account, or if there is just a horrific lack of self-awareness. I mean that in general too, I just dont know. Probably a defense mechanism on my part though..

Anyway, I feel like there are some solid points there. The biggest being that we tend to respond and expend our effort on the posts or content that we find most "offensive."

I believe thats a very natural human trait, that is exacerbated greatly by modern technology in general, as well as the intentionally addictive design of many, many places on the interwebs.

As for being a "right wing" site? I just dont see it. There are natural fluctuations, but I feel this perspective is solely based in the narrative of this new religion.

There is "left, right, and center," and then there is the social group that views literally everyone who dissents in any way, shape, or form as "right wing." Hilariously, even those that are further to the left than them are labeled this way, when looking at it strictly from a political perspective.

In other words, I think its flawed to believe what many call "the left" or "the far left" are really part of the political spectrum at all. Sure, it was born of the generally understood left side of the political spectrum, but it has long since departed any such foundation in favor of very specific behavioral traits. Meaning, there is no actual consistency or solid stances beyond how one reacts to given stimuli. That results in superficial trappings of actual politics or stances, but Id argue that is merely incidental.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: TonyS

Maybe it's because ATS is one of those places on the internet where right-wingers aren't censored for existing.

Who is censoring you?

You can head over to Reddit, YouTube, Facebook or wherever and express support for Trump, say you're anti-immigration, say you want less government, less taxation, say basically whatever you want with in the constraints of those sites T&Cs (Even ATS has them) and let lose.

So I fail to understand this argument.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: vor78

Opposing opinions are just as valid as yours or mine.

BOOM!!!!

This all day, every day, twice on a Tuesday!

I feel like this gets forgotten so much, so often we see opinions (and to be clear everything I have posted so far is very much a opinion) are presented like facts or people like to pretend that their opinion is some how of more worth than the opinion of anothers

We can debate opinions of course with facts to support them but more of then than not it comes down to you don't love/hate the fat man who sits in the big chair in the Oval Office like me so you're wrong and a big stupid head poop-bum.

You're not wrong, but I think its a reflection of the state of US politics. The old concept that we could agree to disagree has been thrown right out the window over the last decade or so. Now, there's a 'correct' political opinion, and if you disagree, you have no value. You're subhuman scum to the other side.

Understand, I'm coming at this from a conservative perspective, but this is how BOTH sides operate anymore and unfortunately, I think the divide is so great that it cannot be repaired...especially with the media and politicians from both ends of the spectrum working non-stop 24/7 to create more division.

Where that leaves a site like this, I don't know, except that any discussion of US politics is almost certain to turn toxic almost immediately due to the situation that exists in society as a whole.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I don't say what I say to seek validation and I don't star or flag a post that isn't true. If it said Clinton touches kids, I wouldn't agree with it without proof. I've noticed more than ever that people think the same thing I'm thinking.

In my opinion, you're like the other leftists that think ATS is a big right wing circle jerk even though a lot of its members were pushed away from the left and joined the center or right. The same people who called Republicans racist for voting against a black guy are some of the same who now hate the left wing policies as much as we did when we voted against the black guy because they opened their eyes and realized how dangerous left wing politics are.

Just my unbiased opinion.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   

a reply to: Deetermined

I love that my fans can remember what I wrote a year ago, I can't even remember what I wrote last month.

You'd make a perfect democrat in America.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

It's always so easy to shut liberals down on this site for their hypocrisy because they never remember what they said in the recent past. Shooterbrody is ALWAYS throwing Sillolme's hypocritical posts in her face.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

joined the center or right.

I would have to respectfully disagree.

People like me may have certainly "WalkedAway," (I was never really there..) but I dont know too many that actually changed their stances or opinions. Its just that when looking at political choices, the options from places like the DNC are so far off into their own reality that there isnt a helluva lot of choice.

In that same vein, I dont think that someone who say, votes for Trump, has completely changed their perspectives and beliefs. Other than seeing the very, very real problem with these sorts of religious perspectives holding positions of power.

In essence, I see it all as a principled alliance between everyone on the "typical" political spectrum.

I suspect if we were to contain the studies of political group medians to everyone but this social group, we would see its roughly the same as its "always" been. Once they are included though.. We see a HUGE movement of the median of "the left" way off into oblivion.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Social media is partly to blame here. The facts are thst social media is decidedly dripping with left leaning bias. Sure, more conservative folks are free to join the conversation. But at what cost? My employer has forbidden employees from listing our company on social media, and for good reason. Here in the USA many people have had harassing experiences for simply voicing their opinions. Nevermind that they abided by all T&cs and their was nothing illegal or unjust with their opinion. It just wasn't in line with the SJW opinion. For a complete look at this phenomenon, spend some time looking into Chik-fil-a. Not opinions, but facts about that company.

So basically, due to Social Media, left leaning folks here in the USA have grown accustomed to being able to win debates online by shouting down and silencing their opposition. A forum like ATS doesn't allow that to happen. Thus- it becomes easier for many to just abandon the site and move onto social media, where they can find friendly viewpoints.

Sadly, just having friendly surroundings isn't enough for many of these people. They must also do all they can to discredit other outlets that are more friendly to opposing viewpoints. People who frequently post in sites like ATS are immediately labeled Conspiracy Nuts, regardless of the content of their posts. Join an alternative social media site like Parler? You're immediately branded a far right racist, regardless of your viewpoints and of the fact that less than 10% of Parler's users can actually be considered such.

So you must take into account the mindset of many of the American left leaning posters thst no longer post here. Maybe you'll find that many don't post here any longer because they can't get their own way, and not because of the amount of Trump supporters here.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   

a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Dude honestly, nice post, interesting to hear it from the other side.

And me calling him daddy-Trump or saying he has a face like a used tampon after a fake tan isn't meant as an insult to trump supporters but just daddy trump....its probably just my British sense of humour.

Damn bro... What kind of girls are you dating that have used tampons that look like fake tans?

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Dude honestly, nice post, interesting to hear it from the other side.

And me calling him daddy-Trump or saying he has a face like a used tampon after a fake tan isn't meant as an insult to trump supporters but just daddy trump....its probably just my British sense of humour.

Damn bro... What kind of girls are you dating that have used tampons that look like fake tans?

I don't have a clue where that came from.

Am running low on names to call Trump so am kind of scraping the bottom of the barrel
edit on 25-7-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   

"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false"

William Casey

It doesn't just come across as a division across political lines, this is class warfare in action and the PR agencies are doing their best to further muddy the water with opinion management.
We saw it first in he UFO arena, then in 9/11 threads and by now the whole site is fair game. There is probably a few correlations to be found with increasing PR and/ or National Security budgets, so there's that as well.

This doesn't mean I would label all members shills for running around praising the official narratives though. There are enough victims of brainwashing around who simply gobble up crap and have their emotions taking over just as planned, which results in the lobotomy staring back at you from the various threads and replies we have the honor to comment on.

How not to be brillliant every day

But, and this is a big BUT, the critical method is alive and kicking (yet) and that's probably why this site was on "their" radar in the first place. I would be more concerned if this wouldn't be happening. And I find it kinda odd that you didn't mention the manufactured part of this "crisis" on a conspiracy board like this.

Don't let the emotions and frustration hijack your frontal lobe, I enjoy your compassionate postings very much.

edit on 25-7-2019 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Yes, this place can be a circle jerk fest. It is hard not to notice it tends to be right-wing and often with no care at all if the OP has an ounce of honest reporting to it.

Those threads I simply don't participate in. Thing is the exact same thing happens on sites that are left-leaning so just mark it up to human nature and steer clear of the BS.
edit on 25-7-2019 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Oh, by the way:

This is also happening to your fellow countrymen but to a great degree worse than anything we're experiencing here. Maybe pay attention before you lose your own democracy entirely to corporate gatekeepers.
edit on 25 7 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Thanks for posting buddy.

I think you're right I think that it does happen both ways but on ATS right now we are seeing it more towards the right.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I do find it odd that someone that doesnt even live in the United states and is not an American citizen puts so much effort into arguing American politics.

I really dont care what your PM does.
But whatever... have fun.

Wouldn't that reply be entirely off topic (as if there were some prohibition to speak about the politics of another country, anyway).

Also, you've officially joined the circle and validated the OP.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join