It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hitting the Right political buttons....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

We're not discussing politics. We're discussing your blatant hypocrisy while you preach high-minded nonsense that you don't adhere to.

You're right actually, We're not discussing politics, I am trying to have a discussion about the nature political opinions and you seem to be wanting to go over my greatest hits of threads while shouting "HYPOCRITE" as if that's some kind of argument against my OP.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

as if that's some kind of argument against my OP.

But it is.

You preach one thing while reserving the right to do the opposite.

Please tell me why anyone would take you seriously, or should?

It's your pulpit. You're the one preaching. Back up your sermon, padre.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Dude honestly, nice post, interesting to hear it from the other side.

And me calling him daddy-Trump or saying he has a face like a used tampon after a fake tan isn't meant as an insult to trump supporters but just daddy trump....its probably just my British sense of humour.

Cheetoh Fuhrer is my fav Trump insult, genuinely clever.
I wasn’t insulted it was just a bit jarring to see in an otherwise intelligent thread, came across as to low brow.

Still no S&F for the OP but I have starred a few of your posts, hope you get your endorphin rush

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I’m an Aussie

DUDE!!!! #in love Aussie's man even if you call us Poms.

Truth is American politics is Global politics, everything that happens in America has global consequences.

Joking aside I think this is a really good point as to why some of us not form America like to discuss American politics.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

It’s the reason news articles don’t really have comment sections anymore, it’s too hard to control the left leaning narrative and give the impression it’s a majority viewpoint when you get maybe 1 in 10 comments supporting the article.

That's the direction we're headed. I read recently that Instagram is going to stop showing the number of "likes" people receive on their photos and posts. The person who made the post will be able to see them, but no one else will. I suspect that Facebook and Twitter will eventually do the same so we won't know which views are held by the majority, unless you bother to comment or retweet. Sometimes, you have to wonder if we're going to be forced to rely on crappy polls to get an idea of where the majority stands.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Where am from doesn't matter, it means nothing to the topic at hand.

Sure it does. You don't live here so why are you dictating how were are to live, comment and see others attack our country.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Greetings from the top of the planet.
Say what you like but the American goverment doesn't send Australian troops anywhere.
Any wars your government participants in is on them.

And to be fair, trump hasn't started any wars.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Christ why should I take you seriously for all I know you're sitting in you underpants right now talking gibberish to a dead goldfish with your tin-foil hat on.

I am not asking you to take me seriously, I don't take me seriously and I don't take you seriously.

I have wrote a thread, its about the nature of political opinions on ATS (not my greatest hits as you seem to be wanting to push), its up to you if you want to join the conversation or you can keep going after the player and not the ball. Either way I now have a image in my head of you in your underpants talking to a dead fish with a tin-foil hat on and its not a pleasant image let me tell you!

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

. You don't live here so why are you dictating how were are to live,

WTF!!!

Where did dictate how you should live I have opened up a thread about the nature of political opinions, I even put the main point in bold!

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Yeah libtards got serious case of TDS so can’t take seriously…..REEEEEEEE……
-From your OP

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Either way I now have a image in my head of you in your underpants talking to a dead fish with a tin-foil hat on and its not a pleasant image let me tell you!

Is it project or the fish wearing the tin foil hat? The world needs to know!!!!!

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Here is the thread I was referring to.

Sanders or Trump

Just look through the posters and see who have switched sides or changed their opinions. It may be a bit surprising.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Christ why should I take you seriously for all I know you're sitting in you underpants right now talking gibberish to a dead goldfish with your tin-foil hat on.

This can't be how you expect to be taken seriously...

I am not asking you to take me seriously, I don't take me seriously and I don't take you seriously.

Text discussions are already difficult enough without disingenuousness.

I have wrote a thread, its about the nature of political opinions on ATS (not my greatest hits as you seem to be wanting to push), its up to you if you want to join the conversation or you can keep going after the player and not the ball.

I am responding directly to your OP and you don't want to discuss why you hold the community to standards that you don't meet yourself.

In order to understand the state of political discourse on ATS, you should at least TRY some self-awareness.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

Sure it does. You don't live here so why are you dictating how were are to live, comment and see others attack our country.

I agree with you in almost every thread we’re in together, should my opinion not count because I’m not American?

FFS guys, you got me defending OSOTC, I swear to god if I ever side with or defend sillyolme I’m leaving ATS for good

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Here is the thread I was referring to.

Sanders or Trump

Just look through the posters and see who have switched sides or changed their opinions. It may be a bit surprising.

That is honestly really interesting, 60 for Sanders and 45 for Trump, its got sweet naff all to do with this thread though but still interesting.

I think rather a lot of more left-leaning members have left in recent years.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

I agree with you in almost every thread we’re in together, should my opinion not count because I’m not American?

FFS guys, you got me defending OSOTC, I swear to god if I ever side with or defend sillyolme I’m leaving ATS for good

It's like I said earlier, people should at least be aware of what's happening in other countries.
Having an opinion is not a problem.
But at the same time, why should I get all worked up over Australia's internal politics?

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Am going to try...

I am responding directly to your OP and you don't want to discuss why you hold the community to standards that you don't meet yourself.

Speaking specifically about the circle-jerk of opinion its quite difficult I admit my own bias at times against Trump however I try to keep it inline with facts as much as is possible. At times I do feel like what some members see as being a bias against facts is actually just facts being bias against Trump.

With that said when I do see good arguments being made in favour of Trump or an interesting point form the other side of a debate I do like to engage it, case in point, IkNOwStuff's first post in this thread. I do admit that at times some posts might miss me or depending on whisky consumption I might slip up but am human so # it.

This however is not so much about a standard I wish to bring about rather it is just about the fact out reality of how ATS has turned into a circle-jerk of political opinion. If I write a thread about how Obama touched kids, it gets a round of applause with a few libtards popping in to point out its not backed up by facts. I point out that Trump once said its ok to touch a woman by her kitty-cat pits then I have TDS....

Questions:

Do you agree that this phenomenon exists on ATS where by members who post a pro-right thread seem to be treated more positively than those who post a anti-right thread?
edit on 25-7-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I think rather a lot of more left-leaning members have left in recent years.

Seems like it, but that's just the way it is. Members come and go, and in the process, the prevailing viewpoint of the site shifts. It was hard to be a conservative around here about a decade ago.

Opposing opinions are just as valid as yours or mine. Unless you want the site to start censoring viewpoints, you just have to deal with it. It is what it is.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Greetings from the top of the planet.
Say what you like but the American goverment doesn't send Australian troops anywhere.
Any wars your government participants in is on them.

And to be fair, trump hasn't started any wars.

And that’s just one of the reasons I’m a massive Trump fan.

Did you know Australia is the only country that has fought by your side in EVERY SINGLE conflict you’ve ever gotten involved in?
None of them had anything to do with us but we were there by your side.

Sure OSOTC is wrong most of the time
but we shouldn’t be judging those opinions on where he lives.
Disappointing to see so many of you I see eye to eye with on most topics basically invalidate my input based on geography

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

It's like I said earlier, people should at least be aware of what's happening in other countries.
Having an opinion is not a problem.
But at the same time, why should I get all worked up over Australia's internal politics?

You shouldn’t because there is almost zero chance it will have any impact on your life.
The same cannot be said of America, what happens in your country reverberates strongly around the entire globe

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join