It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AG William Barr Re-Instates Federal Death Penalty

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

So just kill him instead of deal with security problems then?

What's truly terrifying is that you folks don't consider it murder if it has a judge's stamp of approval.

State-sanctioned murder is ok I guess.

No better than abortionists.

SMFH

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

So just kill him instead of deal with security problems then?

What's truly terrifying is that you folks don't consider it murder if it has a judge's stamp of approval.

State-sanctioned murder is ok I guess.

No better than abortionists.

SMFH

How many fetus's have killed multiple people, in heinous ways?

Your false equivalency is a major joke, and would be silly if it wasn't coming form a twisted perspective.

It's called capital punishment, not capital deterrent.

It is punishment for something someone did, after having their due process in court and losing. After having an appeals process that takes into account the potential for the court to get it wrong, or for new evidence to come to light. Yet, after all of that, each day that goes by the risk increases that an escape is possible. Then, will YOU be responsible for more death children or others if that happens because of your "feelings"?

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Feelings have nothing to do with it. My position is logically consistent.

I believe it is your feelings getting in the way of your ability to reason. The desire for vengeance or punishment is an emotion. And a strong one at that.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Feelings have nothing to do with it. My position is logically consistent.

I believe it is your feelings getting in the way of your ability to reason. The desire for vengeance or punishment is an emotion. And a strong one at that.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

No, it's not feelings. It's justice and preventing further lives lost for nothing other than someone that "feels" like it is wrong.

Tell the mothers of the dead sorority girls that it is just a security issue.
Tell the fathers of the dead sorority girls that it is just a security issue.
Tell the sisters of the dead sorority girls that it is just a security issue.
Tell the friends of the dead sorority girls that it is just a security issue.
Tell the ... of the dead sorority girls that it is just a security issue.

That will work. Yeah. That is justice.

IMO, that is a crazy position to take only because YOU have no personal stake in those losses. You lack simple empathy to these people, and that is sick.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Killing people is wrong.

I'm disappointed that you disagree.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Killing people is wrong.

It is not killing a person. It is measuring out justice for the act of their own that proves they are a danger to society and do not deserve to risk any more deaths. You are protecting the killing of people by your position, and that is disappointing.

Especially your lack of empathy toward the victims and their families. But, that is easy to do when you have no sense of your own loss.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: BlueAjah

hmm. What is the penalty for treason again? I think we might be needing this penalty soon for a few traitors.

Has anyone been accused of working with Iraqi or Afghani enemies right now?

If not, I think sedition is the crime many people mean to say in this context.

Treason

Definition of treason 1 : the offense of attempting by overt acts to overthrow the government of the state to which the offender owes allegiance or to kill or personally injure the sovereign or the sovereign's family 2 : the betrayal of a trust : TREACHERY

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazyFox

The law defines it differently than dictionaries.

So when we're speaking about the legal sense, I think it's more important to use the legal definition.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. a reply to: NthOther

And a tooth for a tooth makes the whole world toothless?

Do you understand the concept of the eye for an eye and the tooth for a tooth?

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Tekaran

BIG thumbs down on this one.

I am not a fan of the death penalty. Cameron Willingham...as a father, reading about his unjust murder at the hands of the State....its heartbreaking, and i cannot condone it.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Killing people is wrong.

Yes, intentionally killing people is wrong. That is why an evil SOB who intentionally chooses to kill someone, they should suffer the same punishment based on their own perceived judgment of another...which they obviously chose death.

Too many sit in prisons for decades, with no remorse for the life they had taken. Some enjoy the status their killing gives them amongst the prison population.

They are provided shelter, food, health care and conveniences for life. While innocent law abiding folks who may be simply poverty stricken and suffering from lack of food, shelter or healthcare continue to be unassisted.

I simply find it insane to reward a criminal for his evil deeds. Truly Punish the evil, and reward the good.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

I simply find it insane to reward a criminal for his evil deeds. Truly Punish the evil, and reward the good.

If you think life in a sh#thole prison is a reward..I dont know what to say.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

But... you just said intentionally killing people is wrong.

State executions are not intentional?

You're not making any sense either.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

hmm. What is the penalty for treason again? I think we might be needing this penalty soon for a few traitors.

Uhh...no. Just no

the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill the sovereign or overthrow the government

Get it ?
Got it ?
Good .

Def by Google

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

You're the one that doesn't get it!!

When a coupe is declared and bullets fly..get back to me.
edit on 25-7-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Uhh...no. Just no

the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill the sovereign or overthrow the government

Get it ?
Got it ?
Good .

Def by Google

The latter part is sedition.

So let me clarify the nuance of my position. I'm a staunch independent, if I concede to either parties agenda, my voice is f#ed.

The left has been on a rabid endeavor to change every day voice and opinion... No thanks. I don't need thought police.

The right on the other hand is making it a point that if you play naughty with the current admin it's treason. No, it's not, it's sedition at best. That's a whole other topic but I want to conclude my stance.

I want liberty, I want the freedom to think and speak as I wish. The Left is hypocritical when they speak of bigotry while they're a huge offender, and the right is hypocritical ok sedition (while trying to push treason) on political football after the birther movement.

Both sides are monopolies in a self serving cycle to load the deck for their enterprise.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Uhh...no. Just no

Get it ?
Got it ?
Good .

Def by Google

So let me clarify the nuance of my position. I'm a staunch independent, if I concede to either parties agenda, my voice is f#ed.

The left has been on a rabid endeavor to change every day voice and opinion... No thanks. I don't need thought police.

The right on the other hand is making it a point that if you play naughty with the current admin it's treason. No, it's not, it's sedition at best. That's a whole other topic but I want to conclude my stance.

I want liberty, I want the freedom to think and speak as I wish. The Left is hypocritical when they speak of bigotry while they're a huge offender, and the right is hypocritical ok sedition (while trying to push treason) on political football after the birther movement.

Both sides are monopolies in a self serving cycle to load the deck for their enterprise.

You are confusing treason with high treason.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: Gothmog

You're the one that doesn't get it!!

When a coupe is declared and bullets fly..get back to me.

We will let you know when the 2 door starts shooting...

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Uhh...no. Just no

Get it ?
Got it ?
Good .

Def by Google

You are confusing treason with high treason.

You're confusing treason with sedition.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Ya, me no spell good.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join