It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapture historians. Catch these names ...names from long ago

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Polycarp...actually actually taught one of his buds knew John, the guy on Patmos....

Some dude I read ...Ireneaus......the his fellow student Herculanium or close to that did he right Against Heresies...prolly these boys said meeting in the air....idk, yes I do...

This back in 130 ad.....

Darby according to my reading just rediscovered the truth

I know, no body knows for sure but the believers see the day approaching.....and Paul when you see the day approaching ....comfort one another with this news....

Scripture.......jus Holy S rupture, ya wanna dis that, I'll answer for us all oh hail no

I suspect we are close.....Malachy has this 112th pope as the last one....that's ads blocking....
edit on 25-7-2019 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Well, in regards searchable history, John Darby did invent it in 1828.

Got any links to Ireneaus?

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Btw, I found this rapture in the Bible reading along.......determined that death would be unacceptable to me.....was in the war then Fugging Vietnam.....when I read Paul's mystery for us....I treasured it, reread it.....couldn't believe could it be true..
Turns out Paul was given 6 mysteries....Rapture one of them, but he makes it clear that he was not taught this by man

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Thanks for your service, Im not here to tell you what to believe

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Some book from 135 A D .....Against Heresies

There's a list of names we never hear of, funny names....Ciprius, and a bunch I can't pronounce, but Ireneaus is one no one calls foul on.....about a pretrib rap.....

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Are you drunk?
Not having a go at ya, I don’t mind the odd drop around Xmas myself, but if you are you’re op will make a lot more sense

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

S&F

You know Christian history - good for you however the apostles and others thought "The Rapture" was going to happen in their life time and this has been going on since the 1st century because most people had no bible or scripture to study until the printing press... and even then it was not as many people as we would think. Not until the 17th century was scriptures more available to the public even though of threats, whippings, and burnings.

Today we know to watch for the signs that Christ spoke of which were not there in the last 1800 - 1900 years ago.

Quick example: Most people do not realize how many earthquakes we have around the world in a 24 hour period or volcanos under the water erupting and spewing lava everywhere.

I agree we are close ... rapture will happen around time of 3rd temple being completed if not sooner (my opinion)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
a reply to: BlueJacket

Some book from 135 A D .....Against Heresies

There's a list of names we never hear of, funny names....Ciprius, and a bunch I can't pronounce, but Ireneaus is one no one calls foul on.....about a pretrib rap.....

The apostles and its original followers which include Carpo, Titus, Barnabas etc.... all believed in pretribulation rapture and in Premillennialism which many argue today.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   

And friggin Gold is up due to war concerns

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Well, in regards searchable history, John Darby did invent it in 1828.

Got any links to Ireneaus?

Irenaeus

Hope it helps.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Irenaeus is primarily noted for his refutation of early Gnosticism. To this end he wrote his major work Against Heresies, in which also sought to expound and defend the orthodox Christian faith. A shorter later work is his Proof of the Apostolic Preaching, a brief summary of Christian teaching, largely concerned with Christ as the fulfillment of Old Testament prophecy.

At some point before 177 Irenaeus moved to the area of Lugdunum (Lyons) in the area of Gaul. It is known that Irenaeus was there at that time because in 177 AD Marcus Aurelius authorized a mass slaughtering of the Christians in Lyons.^ [1]^ At the time of this severe persecution of 177 AD Irenaeus was carrying a letter concerning Montanism from Gaul to the church at Rome. Thus he escaped the ending of his life for Christ by martyrdom as did his fellow Christians of Lyons. Upon returning to Lyons Irenaeus was made bishop of Lyons, circa 178 AD.

Irenaeus died around the year 200 AD.

www.theopedia.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I never thought of it quite like this before, interesting.

Irenaeus believed that humanity was represented federally and covenantally in Adam, and that the Garden of Eden was eschatologically alluding to the reality of the second Adam. Irenaeus explains, “that as in Adam we do all die, as being of an animal nature, in Christ we may all live, as being spiritual, not laying aside God's handiwork, but the lusts of the flesh, and receiving the Holy Spirit.”^

[17]^ When Adam fell in the Garden, humanity fell with him, and the only redemption is based upon the work of the eschatological Adam, that being Jesus Christ. Therefore, for Irenaeus the protological Adam was indicative of the eschatological Adam.
The eschatological focus within redemptive history displays Irenaeus’ understanding of the nature of revelation and the culmination of it in Christ Jesus.
www.theopedia.com...

edit on 25-7-2019 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

It wasn’t only the aposels who thought that the world would end in their lifetimes..

Jesus specifically said as much.. “some of you will not taste death before...”

In fact , just as a funny side note..

Literally every Christian since Jesus has claimed it would happen in their life times...

INCLUDING EVERYONE HERE LOL!!!

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

So you are speaking of people who sought to remove lies that started creeping in and keep people on the original path.
and Darby who wrote his own translations of the bible in many languages.

Polycarp - A Father of the Christian Church Polycarp is a celebrated figure in the history of Christianity. A direct pupil of the apostle John, Polycarp lived between 70 and 155 A.D., connecting him to both the biblical apostles and the age of the early church fathers. Several ancient sources document the contributions of Polycarp to Christianity, including his letters written to the church at Philippi, in which he encourages the members to remain strong in their faith and to flee from materialism.

www.polycarp.net...

John Nelson Darby (b. 18 Nov 1800, d. 29 Apr 1882) was an Anglo-Irish evangelist and author. He was a founder and prominent member of the Evangelical Christian Plymouth Brethren. He also published The Darby Bible.

Darby is considered the father of Dispensationalism, an evangelical theology which divides history into periods with evolving divine covenants. Many of Darby's successors also believe that the final dispensation has yet to occur (and may shortly), which will involve the rapture into heaven of believers prior to the 'tribulations.'

Along with The Scofield Bible Commentary, Darby's Bible commentary had much influence on the evangelical movement during the 19th and 20th

www.sacred-texts.com...

Darby has been credited with originating the pre-tribulational rapture theory wherein Christ will suddenly remove His bride, the Church, from this world to its heavenly destiny before the judgments of the tribulation. Thus the prophetic program resumes with Israel's earthly destiny.

Dispensationalist beliefs about the fate of the Jews and the re-establishment of the Kingdom of Israel put dispensationalists at the forefront of Christian Zionism, because "God is able to graft them in again,"[18] and they believe that in His grace he will do so according to their understanding of Old Testament prophecy.

They believe that, while the ways of God may change, His purposes to bless Israel will never be forgotten, just as He has shown unmerited favour to the Church, He will do so to a remnant of Israel to fulfill all the promises made to the genetic seed of Abraham.
In 1829 he predicted the rebirth of a nation Israel over 100 years before it happened, just by reading the Bible(pgs. 141-160. Prophetic No. 1 Vol. 2. J. N. Darby. Stow Hill Bible & Tract Depot. Kingston-On-Thames 1829)

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

Naw we think he was talking about possible time travelers, not the only quote.....we don't know, huh...
edit on 25-7-2019 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

I never thought of it quit like this before, interesting.

Irenaeus believed that humanity was represented federally and covenantally in Adam, and that the Garden of Eden was eschatologically alluding to the reality of the second Adam. Irenaeus explains, “that as in Adam we do all die, as being of an animal nature, in Christ we may all live, as being spiritual, not laying aside God's handiwork, but the lusts of the flesh, and receiving the Holy Spirit.”^

[17]^ When Adam fell in the Garden, humanity fell with him, and the only redemption is based upon the work of the eschatological Adam, that being Jesus Christ. Therefore, for Irenaeus the protological Adam was indicative of the eschatological Adam.
The eschatological focus within redemptive history displays Irenaeus’ understanding of the nature of revelation and the culmination of it in Christ Jesus.
www.theopedia.com...
woah....plowing deerp gotta love that

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Yeah, I was looking to save some time. It is interesting Iraneaus, had teachings on translation of saints, but also writings in dispute.

Needless to say, rapture is NOT from the teachings of Jesus, so again...its made up by someone else.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Yeah, I was looking to save some time. It is interesting Iraneaus, had teachings on translation of saints, but also writings in dispute.

Needless to say, rapture is NOT from the teachings of Jesus, so again...its made up by someone else.
cool, Though Jesus is the one who said two would be in the field and one taken....or at the grinding wheel

That part of Math. 24 has four different out of order paragraphs......Hey, He snuck that in huh! In between the other paragraphs.

Also Jesus came only for the lost house of Israel......that's why God sent in a mighty man.....wrote 3/4 of the new testament....revealed 6 mysteries rap, indwelling.... body of Christ is the church, more.....can't remember that dudes name....
edit on 25-7-2019 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Im lyin

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: DeathSlayer

It wasn’t only the aposels who thought that the world would end in their lifetimes..

Jesus specifically said as much.. “some of you will not taste death before...”

In fact , just as a funny side note..

Literally every Christian since Jesus has claimed it would happen in their life times...

INCLUDING EVERYONE HERE LOL!!!

Maybe some did not taste death.
Jesus said he did not know the time only god did.
Mark 13:32 Matthew 24:36
But as for that day or hour, no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
Many of the parables clearly show a time factor to the last as all the word needed to be preached in the whole earth.
A crop needed to be sown and grown.

Literally every Christian since Jesus has claimed it would happen in their life times..

Not true, some groups have thought this.

The apostles were told the temple would be destroyed they knew that had not happened yet.
They knew a lot of things were not "ripe" yet.

Take heed lest any man deceive you: For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. And when ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars, be ye not troubled: for such things must needs be; but the end shall not be yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows. (5-8 KJV)

"When you see 'the abomination that causes desolation' standing where it does not belong — let the reader understand — then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. Let no one on the roof of his house go down or enter the house to take anything out. Let no one in the field go back to get his cloak. How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers!
Pray that this will not take place in winter, because those will be days of distress unequaled from the beginning, when God created the world, until now— and never to be equaled again.
If the Lord had not cut short those days, no one would survive. But for the sake of the elect, whom he has chosen, he has shortened them.
At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'Look, there he is!' do not believe it. For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform signs and miracles to deceive the elect—if that were possible. So be on your guard; I have told you everything ahead of time. (14-23 NIV)

But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken.

And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory. And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.

Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near: So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors.
Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done. Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away. (24-31 KJV) He then tells them that no one except the "Father", God, knows when this will all happen, not even the "Son", Jesus himself, see also Kenosis. He then uses the parable of the Man Going On a Far Journey to describe his followers as his servants watching their master's house waiting for him to return.

He CLEARLY told them over and over all of these signs had to come to pass and only that generation that sees the full of the prophecy would see the end.

What amazes me is how anyone can read the texts and thing it is all made up. People who had to laboriously hand make every piece of paper and make their ink sat around writing books like the book of Numbers page after page of names and relationships.
Anyone who can read the words Jesus said and think they are just made up confounds me.
edit on 25-7-2019 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join