It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

site runs smoother when not logged in on moblie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 03:36 AM
link   
So, I should have tried this earlier, I decided to stay logged out and likely will do moving forward, I was surprised to see less ads, the site ran well and I was surprised as in the past being logged in was only way I could surf this site, yet here I am saying the opposite, must be a conspiracy.
edit on 25-7-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I have to say I do not experience this. It is quite slow both ways.

Also, is it just me, or is the homepage really slow with updating? The ‘new’ section on the frontpage is really behind.

It must be a hard task to keep this site up and running smoothly. Many unpopular opinions probably gets a lot of cyberattacks.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I have been problems with this site for so long now I don't even bother complaining about it.

Honestly there is no point, took me 5 minutes to get this thread to load up...feels like am using old school dial-up in the middle of a desert

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Mine keeps forcing me away from the website to some phony adds. It either says your phone has been compromised and download this, or it says I’ve been randomly picked for some $1000 gift card or whatnot. Whats the deal with that?

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Weird, it's fast and responsive for me, on both pc and tablet.

Since the work done recently was bug zapped, been snappy with only 1 noticable splutter.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I have no problem with ads at all, use 4s iPhone and first iPad. Haven't broke them yet! Only notice ads when I've been logged out somehow, great speed, idk why people have problems with ads, I'm in Canada, that help, lol!!

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Goedhardt

It's weird, I haven't logged out for years, then after I had a little temper tantrum the other day I stayed logged out, then I decided to look at threads and I was just gobsmacked, very few ads and the site ran faster than it ever has, this went on for days until I logged back in.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

You had better dose up on peyote and enjoy the ride.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

'n ever used mobile, and stay signed in always.

Use desktop version on mobile...zoom in and out...cuts issues in half...

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I do use the desktop version on the mobile, it's crap otherwise. I was just surprised, as you know you have to log back in every now and then, normally the ads jump out at that point and make the site unusable, just this time I was pissed off and thought I'd stay logged out and as I said the site ran incredibly well with very little advertising ,I just found that to be interesting.

new topics

top topics

join