It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Omar: Americans Should Be "More Fearful of White Men"--Racist or Not Racist?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Thejaybird

What about brown-on-brown racism? I live in Phoenix and guess what?

Mexicans, by and large, hate black people (and vice versa). And the Asians hate both.

None of that is racism, by your "logic". Is that correct?

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I can't honestly tell if you're being sarcastic or serious. I hope it's the former; the latter is just sad.

Completely serious.

The latter is not "sad"; it is correct. One cannot be racist when one has never been in a position of power to utilize their race to their advantage.

Call it "wrong" or "bigoted" or "mean spirited", but her statement is factual, and not in any way, shape, or form racist.

Please let go of the idea of "racism" towards white people. It is simply not possible.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

What about brown-on-brown racism? I live in Phoenix and guess what?

Mexicans, by and large, hate black people (and vice versa). And the Asians hate both.

None of that is racism, by your "logic". Is that correct?

Nope. Not racist. Angry and misdirected feelings? Absolutely.

Racism can only exist when one is in a position of power. Mexicans and black people in Phoenix (or anywhere else in this country) are not in positions of power in which they can use the color of their skin to give them an advantage.

And...before you even go there, don't bring up affirmative action as a "position of power". That's a different discussion, and would be a misguided take at best.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   

That's what I thought you'd say.

So, if a black shop owner refuses to hire a Mexican because the applicant is Mexican, is that racism?

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   

She's in power now though.

And that means most white folks aren't and can't ever be racist because they aren't in positions of power, not real power.

You are buying into a very flawed premise.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Of course it's racist. Most democrats are racist. I couldn't care less what that brother lover thinks of me and I'm not surprised that her peers refuse to call her out. Think of all the dumbass white men who voted for her. I hope they feel stupid.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TrumpTribbleAlien

I see the disconnect in your response.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

She's in power now though.

And that means most white folks aren't and can't ever be racist because they aren't in positions of power, not real power.

You are buying into a very flawed premise.

Limited power. Not the same thing as institutional power.

Based on your post, you are obviously unaware of the concept of white privilege.

Are you referring to white people who are at the bottom end of the economic spectrum not having power? They still have privilege people of color do not currently enjoy. Racism and classism are two different discussion.

The OP asked if what she said was racist. The answer to that question, is "no". Emphatically and unequivocally.
edit on 25-7-2019 by Thejaybird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

That's what I thought you'd say.

So, if a black shop owner refuses to hire a Mexican because the applicant is Mexican, is that racism?

No. That's an exercise of situational power, not institutional power. You seem to be missing that there is an extreme difference between the two.

Bigotry? Yep. Racism? Nope.
edit on 25-7-2019 by Thejaybird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thirty6BelowZero

Of course it's racist. Most democrats are racist. I couldn't care less what that brother lover thinks of me and I'm not surprised that her peers refuse to call her out. Think of all the dumbass white men who voted for her. I hope they feel stupid.

Just quoting your post in the hope that you read what you actually wrote, consider why you think as such, and make the decision to catch up to the modern world.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thejaybird

Racism can only exist when one is in a position of power.

In the pantheon of stupid things posted on the internet, that has to be in the top 10.

Congrats.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   
What she said is racist.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

In the pantheon of stupid things posted on the internet, that has to be in the top 10.

Congrats.

Care to refute it?

Obviously not. Bill the Cat is indeed an excellent representation of your thought process.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
What she said is racist.

According to what? Care to explain? Or, would you prefer to just stand upon your statement so that the echo chamber that has become ATS agrees with you in similar empty terms?

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Refute what?

Your idiotic post?

It appears to me that you are supporting and defending racism.

And that is pathetic.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Congrats.

And, let's point out that all you can do in a supposed refutation is revert to ad hominem attacks.

I could, in turn, call you "stupid", and we could go back and forth like that for many posts. That would be ridiculous.

If you care to refute the statement, please, by all means, have at it. If all you can do is call the statement a standard bearer of the top ten stupid statements on the internet, then you have a lot of work to do.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   

She is simply a racist piece of crap.
She will burn for immigration fraud.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Refute what?

Your idiotic post?

It appears to me that you are supporting and defending racism.

And that is pathetic.

How so? What she said was not racist, in any way, shape, or form.

What is being addressed is your white privilege, your denial of it, and lack of understanding that it is real, and that time is coming to a close.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   

If you went to college you should ask for a refund.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

First, she can't, by definition, be racist.

Second, please provide evidence that she has participated in what you consider to be racism. He statement and assertion are absolutely correct.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join