It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Omar: Americans Should Be "More Fearful of White Men"--Racist or Not Racist?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Hell, I've been critical of Trump.

But it doesn't matter anymore.

Either think like them or you're a racist Nazi who eats tiny kittens.

Agreed, I will go with Trump, and I’ll support anyone who opposes the freshman of the apocalypse.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrumpTribbleAlien

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

a reply to: PublicOpinion

My point remains that terrorism as a whole has killed a few thousand citizens of Americans in our existence.

The who is more guilty doesn't really keep me up or night or even fuels enough interest to delve into.

It's moot.

Her statement was a misstep, miscalculated, dumb, harming to her own "cause". Take your pick.

She's alienating voters and being dishonest. Should we be afraid of white males? Idk, you tell me. Do you stay away from them?

I'm not afraid of any demographic, so maybe I just don't understand.

She never said to stay away from white males. LOL. Lord if that's the case how can she be a Congresswoman?

You picked a very small part of my post that was working off of a large idea to respond to.

My grander stance is I know I fear no groups and believe most Americans don't.

Like I said in another post, her comment was just not smart, the degree to which is the real debate IMO.

I'm not offended, I really don't care. She's pandering to a small audience, and I don't think she can effect me. 🤷‍♂️

She was asked a very simple question. And she gave a very simple answer. That's all there is to it.

I think her simple answer was wrong.

I don't think most Americans have to live in fear.

She isn't telling us to live in fear.

You're obviously missing the nuance of my stance.

I forgive you given you are new and I guess you're assuming my lean off of my stance on this subject.

She could have said _______ is worse than ______ in regards to terrorism, and I'll see it as political pandering.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

Agreed, I will go with Trump, and I’ll support anyone who opposes the freshman of the apocalypse.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

Omar was asked a simple question. If we were to gamble on who will commit terrorism based on history, who should we fear more? Jihadist terrorists (read Islam or Muslims to the right) or the white supremacists? According to stats and history (at least since Trump became president), the scale tips in favor to the white supremacists or at least far right wing terrorists.

And Omar wants it to shift back to different terrorists?

What do you mean? You mean she tried to deflect?

Deflect what?

I apologize for not being clear. You said this:

It seems that you are suggesting that she is trying to deflect from Islamic terrorists. Maybe I misunderstood what you were trying to say.

Oh. Yeah that is what I meant.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   

My point remains that terrorism as a whole has killed a few thousand citizens of Americans in our existence.

The who is more guilty doesn't really keep me up or night or even fuels enough interest to delve into.

It's moot.

Her statement was a misstep, miscalculated, dumb, harming to her own "cause". Take your pick.

She's alienating voters and being dishonest. Should we be afraid of white males? Idk, you tell me. Do you stay away from them?

She never said to stay away from white males. LOL. Lord if that's the case how can she be a Congresswoman?

You picked a very small part of my post that was working off of a large idea to respond to.

Like I said in another post, her comment was just not smart, the degree to which is the real debate IMO.

I'm not offended, I really don't care. She's pandering to a small audience, and I don't think she can effect me. 🤷‍♂️

She was asked a very simple question. And she gave a very simple answer. That's all there is to it.

I forgive you given you are new and I guess you're assuming my lean off of my stance on this subject.

She could have said _______ is worse than ______ in regards to terrorism, and I'll see it as political pandering.

Trump have done the same and nobody has seen it as a political pandering.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Omar was asked a simple question. If we were to gamble on who will commit terrorism based on history, who should we fear more? Jihadist terrorists (read Islam or Muslims to the right) or the white supremacists? According to stats and history (at least since Trump became president), the scale tips in favor to the white supremacists or at least far right wing terrorists.

What do you mean? You mean she tried to deflect?

Deflect what?

I apologize for not being clear. You said this:

It seems that you are suggesting that she is trying to deflect from Islamic terrorists. Maybe I misunderstood what you were trying to say.

Oh. Yeah that is what I meant.

Thank you. So you disagree with her that the white supremacist terrorists are more of a danger than the Islamic terrorists here in America?

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I've gotten every badge both sides hand out.... That said I can usually spot who isn't using "the formula" right.

Even if she keeps her seat, she only brings negative attention to thy side. I don't think she'll transcend to anything other than congress woman. And she'll do more damage to their cause than benefit.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I've gotten every badge both sides hand out.... That said I can usually spot who isn't using "the formula" right.

Even if she keeps her seat, she only brings negative attention to thy side. I don't think she'll transcend to anything other than congress woman. And she'll do more damage to their cause than benefit.

Being called a Commie by the right is my badge of honor.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   

It's moot.

Trump have done the same and nobody has seen it as a political pandering.

Do you really believe nobody believes Trump panders?

Again, my overall point is I will call out politicians for pandering fear of terrorism, no matter the group, color of their skin, creed or any other identifying factor.

You can justify the context of her response. But it doesn't change the fact her comment doesn't do more positive than negative for her career or the country.

She could have just as easily said Americans have greater things to be concerned about that asshats killing people for ideology.
edit on 24-7-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

It's definitely racist. I don't care what stats say, as soon as anyone uses the qualifier ALL to describe any group of people, they've proved themselves incapable of nuanced thought. And life (especially humanity) is pretty nuanced, imo.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   
You do not have to be white to be a racist. She sure acts racist. But evidently Democratic congressmen believe that White people are the ones that are a problem. If they didn't, after seeing this evidence they would kick her out of office.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Oh too funny/weird that you used the word nuance a few posts above mine... lol. I don't use that word that often and was just wondering if it was the right word for my post when I read yours.

on pulling the same somewhat unusual word from the great cosmic lexicon
edit on 24-7-2019 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

You'd probably find it funnier that I had a long winded response to you emphasizing just that... I scrubbed it though because ironically I'd feel it would just be cherry picked.

But it's the very thing I think society lacks, nuance. Life is complicated, it just is what it is. Ironically it's one of the few things that I find solace in the madness. You can choose to see what you'd like, or you can see it all. It's as uncomfortable as it is promising.
edit on 24-7-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Now that's funny!
Looks like our word of the day is...

Nuance (because I'm a word geek and like definitions and etymology)

1 : a subtle distinction or variation
Nuances of flavor and fragrance cannot be described accurately …
— Scott Seegers
… these terms have certain nuances of meaning …
— Ben F. Nelms
2 : a subtle quality : NICETY
… the nuances of an individual's voice …
— Michael Swaine
3 : sensibility to, awareness of, or ability to express delicate shadings (as of meaning, feeling, or value)
… a performance of remarkable pliability and nuance.
— Irvine Kolodin

I appreciated how you connected it all back to the topic too! Interesting response. Society does seem to break down most in those areas where rigid black-and-white thinking dominates.
People like Omar lack the above, and it's scary to me the type of influnce they have.

Also love the subtleties in life... they definitely add color/richness!

edit on 24-7-2019 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
Yep, she is a racist. She is saying ……….. fear the white demon.

I would say our country should be more fearful of white men across our country because they are actually causing most of the deaths within this country," she replied.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Well. Her point stands, white people did kill way more folks. Something is obviously very wrong with the system, and I'm happy when people use any opportunity to address that.

None of the above. Did you watch the full interview?

What's dishonest about facts and numbers? Stick to the context of the question and relax a little, she didn't tell you to stay away from any people. In the introduction to his question Mehdi argued that conservatives come from a perspective of fear and not hate, hence the Islamophobia.
Foxy News took things out of context to mince words for the racist spin, again (again).

She even talked about the economic reasons for people to vote for Trump. However. Her follow-up comments further illustrate the irrational fear and loathing of conservatives. (jump to 5:55 for the part in question)

If fear was the driving force for policies to keep America save, Americans safe inside of this country, we should be profiling, monitoring and creating policies to fight the radicalization of white men.

Maybe we should talk about the fascist quality of state terror with militarized forces for National Security at home and abroad, I'm pretty sure we would find something to agree upon along those lines.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Is it wrong of me to say I really don't care what this chick has to say??

If she actually had two brain cells to rub together to generate a thought...then maybe I might start considering the idea of starting to care.

For too many of you, she's taken up residence in your heads. As Springer is wont to say "Ignore them into oblivion.".

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Seems like everyday "the squad" has to come out and say something a little more insane than the previous day, just to stay in the headlines.

If only they could make the headlines for actually getting things done, instead of just spitting out absurd one-liners.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Is it wrong of me to say I really don't care what this chick has to say??

Not if you would stay the hell away from this thread. Which you didn't, so yeah.

May the ignorance be with you!

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Well. Her point stands, white people did kill way more folks. Something is obviously very wrong with the system, and I'm happy when people use any opportunity to address that.

As other members have pointed out, that could be framed several different ways to focus on different demographics. I don't wish to do so, because as I have noted, I'm not scared of outliers and don't wish to let them define any specific group.

What's dishonest about facts and numbers? Stick to the context of the question and relax a little, she didn't tell you to stay away from any people.

As I said, I'm not offended by her remarks, I just think her remark was silly. As for the latter of your point on me eluding to "staying away" from white males, I was being hyperbolic just as many of the politicians are about white males.

Yup, there are white men who have committed atrocious acts and still are, some of whom are in power. But for all of them there is a firefighter who will rush a burning building and pull us out. I won't try and say all of them are good or bad, just like any other group of people. I get a read on people based off of what they present to me, not the color of their skin.

If fear was the driving force for policies to keep America save, Americans safe inside of this country, we should be profiling, monitoring and creating policies to fight the radicalization of white men.

She's digging her hole deeper IMO with that remark. Is it a concern? Sure, is that number one on the docket to "keep America safe"? Give me a break.

Maybe we should talk about the fascist quality of state terror with militarized forces for National Security at home and abroad, I'm pretty sure we would find something to agree upon along those lines.

While I wouldn't word it like you did, yes we would probably be closer on that topic. That topic would also prove my consistency on where I stand when it comes to combating "threats".

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join