It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Omar: Americans Should Be "More Fearful of White Men"--Racist or Not Racist?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: ketsuko

What's islam got to do with it?

Everyone else has started discussing terrorism from different sources.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   

How about drones? Aren't they a big cause of terrorism?

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Omar was talking about fearing men originally.

Drones aren't men.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
Well aren't most of the bankers, corporate elite, and politicians white? She's got a point!!!

I think you'll find they are mainly from the group that ye shall not criticse without being vilified though can camouflage as "white" when it suits them.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

My point remains that terrorism as a whole has killed a few thousand citizens of Americans in our existence.

The who is more guilty doesn't really keep me up or night or even fuels enough interest to delve into.

It's moot.

Her statement was a misstep, miscalculated, dumb, harming to her own "cause". Take your pick.

She's alienating voters and being dishonest. Should we be afraid of white males? Idk, you tell me. Do you stay away from them?

I'm not afraid of any demographic, so maybe I just don't understand.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Flying Drone white men.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

My point remains that terrorism as a whole has killed a few thousand citizens of Americans in our existence.

The who is more guilty doesn't really keep me up or night or even fuels enough interest to delve into.

It's moot.

Her statement was a misstep, miscalculated, dumb, harming to her own "cause". Take your pick.

She's alienating voters and being dishonest. Should we be afraid of white males? Idk, you tell me. Do you stay away from them?

She never said to stay away from white males. LOL. Lord if that's the case how can she be a Congresswoman?

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: blueman12

Omar was talking about fearing men originally.

Drones aren't men.

Really > ?

link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: IAMTAT

That is just the math...

The truth is the narrative about violent black uprisings and such was never accurate

So you're saying Omar is NOT a racist?

Omar is a huge racist. I think 2020 will solve her problems. It’s time for Americans to retake the house as well as hold the White House and the Senate. Maybe it’s just me, but I think most Americans are sick of the BS.

link   

originally posted by: TrumpTribbleAlien

originally posted by: highvein

a reply to: CriticalStinker

Omar was asked a simple question. If we were to gamble on who will commit terrorism based on history, who should we fear more? Jihadist terrorists (read Islam or Muslims to the right) or the white supremacists? According to stats and history (at least since Trump became president), the scale tips in favor to the white supremacists or at least far right wing terrorists.

And Omar wants it to shift back to different terrorists?

What do you mean? You mean she tried to deflect?

Deflect what?

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Did she do this at the same event where she melted down when asked about female genital mutilation and her stance on it?

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   

It's moot.

Ultimately, while she is a racist, it's more about Trump supporters and a way to demagogue them.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Omar was asked a simple question. If we were to gamble on who will commit terrorism based on history, who should we fear more? Jihadist terrorists (read Islam or Muslims to the right) or the white supremacists? According to stats and history (at least since Trump became president), the scale tips in favor to the white supremacists or at least far right wing terrorists.

What do you mean? You mean she tried to deflect?

Deflect what?

I apologize for not being clear. You said this:

It seems that you are suggesting that she is trying to deflect from Islamic terrorists. Maybe I misunderstood what you were trying to say.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   

It's moot.

She never said to stay away from white males. LOL. Lord if that's the case how can she be a Congresswoman?

You picked a very small part of my post that was working off of a large idea to respond to.

My grander stance is I know I fear no groups and believe most Americans don't.

Like I said in another post, her comment was just not smart, the degree to which is the real debate IMO.

I'm not offended, I really don't care. She's pandering to a small audience, and I don't think she can effect me. 🤷‍♂️

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   

It's moot.

You picked a very small part of my post that was working off of a large idea to respond to.

Like I said in another post, her comment was just not smart, the degree to which is the real debate IMO.

I'm not offended, I really don't care. She's pandering to a small audience, and I don't think she can effect me. 🤷‍♂️

She was asked a very simple question. And she gave a very simple answer. That's all there is to it.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Ultimately, while she is a racist, it's more about Trump supporters and a way to demagogue them.

She could do that in better ways. Clearly she can't.

I like a lot of people who don't align with the Trump camp. I have been known to be critical of Trump, and the camp myself.

Rather than debate, she's trying to villainize a group so large many are on her side. It's comedic really.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: IAMTAT

That is just the math...

The truth is the narrative about violent black uprisings and such was never accurate

So you're saying Omar is NOT a racist?

Omar is a huge racist. I think 2020 will solve her problems. It’s time for Americans to retake the house as well as hold the White House and the Senate. Maybe it’s just me, but I think most Americans are sick of the BS.

Nope. Her district in minnesota is a hard D and she comes on the heals of another nutjob from her faith.

en.wikipedia.org...

I'm just saying, that the only person likely to be elected there is a democrat, likely of the muslim faith. Unless keith comes back to run or some other dem pops up to challenger her. She'll be a shoe in. It's a very.....progressive...district.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   

It's moot.

She was asked a very simple question. And she gave a very simple answer. That's all there is to it.

I think her simple answer was wrong.

I don't think most Americans have to live in fear.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Hell, I've been critical of Trump.

But it doesn't matter anymore.

Either think like them or you're a racist Nazi who eats tiny kittens.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   

It's moot.

I think her simple answer was wrong.

I don't think most Americans have to live in fear.

She isn't telling us to live in fear.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join