It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Omar: Americans Should Be "More Fearful of White Men"--Racist or Not Racist?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Wouldn't the above be considered racist?...BY EVERYONE?

In a world without white supremacy? Sure.

Putting the fearmongering into context isn't dismissing a thing tho. Or can you debunk the statement, that "white men ... are causing the most of the deaths within his country"?
You could call it a whataboutism, but she has a point.

How is your Forever War on Terror working out so far? No, let's forget that and go for the racist spin instead!

Ewww... sweet, sweet morons of ours!

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

When someone says that people should be more fearful of the white supremacist terrorism than the Jihadist terrorism based on stats, the right hear the shrill dog whistle.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrumpTribbleAlien

When someone says that people should be more fearful of the white supremacist terrorism than the Jihadist terrorism based on stats, the right hear the shrill dog whistle.

But I don't fear either.

Any demographic is capable of violence. But my chances of being victim to any of that blind violence is incredibly slim.

It's pandering and political football.

Am I scared to get in my car every day? Nope. So why should I worry about asshats from many groups when they're so trivial?

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Did Omar say 'White Supremacist' or "White Male"?

Do you consider all white males, white supremacists?

Does Ilhan Omar?

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

It's almost as if this was all planned.

Trump is tearing the Democrat Leadership down, brick by brick by brick.
The funny thing is that they know it's happening and can't do a damn thing to stop it.
Why is that funny you may ask?
You will see.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Omar was asked a simple question. If we were to gamble on who will commit terrorism based on history, who should we fear more? Jihadist terrorists (read Islam or Muslims to the right) or the white supremacists? According to stats and history (at least since Trump became president), the scale tips in favor to the white supremacists or at least far right wing terrorists.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: Secretrooster
Statistically speaking. Isn’t it more likely to be murdered by a white male in a mass shooting than by someone from the Middle East?

She didn't specify a situation.
She generalized ALL white males...and ALL deaths in America.

Care to give us a snippet stating that?

Didn't I make it big enough for you in my OP?

Terribly sorry.

"I would say our country should be more fearful of white men across our country because they are actually causing most of the deaths within this country," she replied.

Yep. More fearful of white men. Then you went on to claim that she said we should be fearful of all men. See the disconnect?

The only disconnect I see is you misquoting me.
Please show me where I said "she said we should be fearful of all men".

In this interview she states that Americans need to be afraid of all white males because THEY are responsible for most of the deaths in this country.

So do you really not see the difference between "all white men" and "all men"...Or are you being intentionally obtuse?

More fearful vs. being fearful of all.

I see. You contend she means it would be racist not to be equal in our fear of all men?

Riiiiight.

So if I dislike her intensely, does that mean I must be equal in my dislike for all other women or be discriminatory?

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Did Omar say 'White Supremacist' or "White Male"?

Do you consider all white males, white supremacists?

Does Ilhan Omar?

Strange question to ask. Nope and neither does Omar.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TrumpTribbleAlien

She's playing off of emotional pandering just as much as those who fuel endless wars with jijadi rhetoric.

A few thousand have died to all of terrroism combined (in America) during our history.

I call it all out equally.

She's not right, she's peddling buzzy talking points.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
The saddest part is that this was spoken by a member of the US Congress. Our country's leadership.

These aren't members of Congress, they're moles.

Disruptive, subversive, hate farmers!

The fact we even see characters, like this bunch, holding seats in our legislative branch is indicative of just how dumb America truly is.

edit on E31America/ChicagoWed, 24 Jul 2019 20:47:27 -05007pmWednesdayth08pm by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Well aren't most of the bankers, corporate elite, and politicians white? She's got a point!!!

However it does appear a bit racist. She should of just went full-bernie and ranted about the banks. Instead she shot herself in the foot (again) and showed racism against the majority color in this country.

It's like her Israel statements. She has truth in it, but tends to say something over the top that doesn't do anything but stir controversy.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Fair enough. But you are not the subject of Mehdi's question.

And given the whole lot of conspiracy theories regarding 9/11, and those pesky WMD lies, I would rather feel inclined to expand on that and leave the low hanging fruit of easily offended white breads untouched.

The things some people do for cheap giggles, Stars and Flags... fascinating stuff!
edit on 24-7-2019 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Oh, goodness, I wasn't even thinking about Islam when I started looking at this thread. That's how much I care about her stupid religion ... as much as I care about any other congresscritters until it becomes an issue because they make it one. I was thinking strictly about racial lines since this has been a big couple of weeks for that stuff. After all, the Four Horsewomen of the Apocaleft have been trading on their "Women of Color" status, not Omar or Tlaib's Muslim status.
edit on 24-7-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

LOL. "Four Horsewomen of the Apocaleft". Did you come up with that or someone else? I'll give you a star for originality. It's actually funny.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
The saddest part is that this was spoken by a member of the US Congress. Our country's leadership.

Yes , that was the Hardest Part for All of US. A Condemnation on our Democratic Republic by a Elected Official . FU Minnesota , WTF were you Thinking > ?................

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   

What's islam got to do with it?

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Omar was asked a simple question. If we were to gamble on who will commit terrorism based on history, who should we fear more? Jihadist terrorists (read Islam or Muslims to the right) or the white supremacists? According to stats and history (at least since Trump became president), the scale tips in favor to the white supremacists or at least far right wing terrorists.

And Omar wants it to shift back to different terrorists?

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Fantastic news!

These retards are guaranteeing their party's destruction. They have lost all touch with mainstream America.

See where labeling white men as more dangerous than jihadists will get you in the next election.

F# twit, she is. Unreal.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

And Omar wants it to shift back to different terrorists?

What do you mean? You mean she tried to deflect?

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I don't think most people are legitimately scared of singular groups.

I think it's funny the same side that labels any critical point as ______phobic is so quick to brush with a broad stroke. It doesn't offend me, I just take note.

She could take a look at any protest and see that not all white males are bad. They are out there marching for the causes she proclaims to back.

I think most people don't judge you for what you are, but rather what you appear to represent. I don't fear people from x background... But if you're dressed and appear to be from an sketchy sect of life, people will probably keep their distance.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join