It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Omar: Americans Should Be "More Fearful of White Men"--Racist or Not Racist?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Statistically speaking. Isn’t it more likely to be murdered by a white male in a mass shooting than by someone from the Middle East?

That aside. I don’t think it’s necessarily racist. Just like I don’t think it’s racists to point out any other statistic.
edit on 24-7-2019 by Secretrooster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I will not even try to figure out the twisted, distorted, evil logic that racists use to get by day-to-day.

You and I both.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Secretrooster
Statistically speaking. Isn’t it more likely to be murdered by a white male in a mass shooting than by someone from the Middle East?

Yep that's the point made by Omar.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   

She didn't specify a situation.
She generalized ALL white males...and ALL deaths in America.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Why specify "mass shooting"?

Why not any damned shooting?

Who's responsible for more shooting deaths?

Might as well say, you're more likely to get shot by a white guy if you're in front of a crazy white guy doing some shooting, like in a softball game.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: IAMTAT

That is just the math...

The truth is the narrative about violent black uprisings and such was never accurate

She lies like a rug in a rubbish bin 🤣

What are the leading causes of death in the US?

Around 74% of all deaths in the United States occur as a result of 10 causes. Over the past 5 years, the main causes of death in the U.S. have remained fairly consistent.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Care to give us a snippet stating that?

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrumpTribbleAlien

Didn't I make it big enough for you in my OP?

Terribly sorry.

"I would say our country should be more fearful of white men across our country because they are actually causing most of the deaths within this country," she replied.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Have you not figured out that literally every 'identity' outside of straight white males has a target on our head to some degree?

The stats are in that in relation to Muslim Americans white males are more likely to kill you in the US. Has anybody done any research as to per capita on this? Would be interested how that compares.

In general, can somebody show me the stats where white males are killing eachother in record numbers across the inner cities of America or any other country in the world? "If black lives matter, then black lives matter and the colour of the killer shouldn't even be a factor" - Murs (a black Hip Hop artist from LA)

Restorative justice is NOT natural justice.

link   
They get away with it because of how they state statistics.

If you have a population of snarks and greegs that has 10,000 snarks to 100 greegs. Let's say that about 25% of the greeg population commits violent crimes which means that 25 greegs have done something violent (assault, murder, etc.) while only 10% of the snark population engages in the same, meaning 1,000 snarks have done something violent.

Comparing the raw numbers, more snarks have been violent than greegs, but looking at percentage chance of violence, a greeg is still scarier company if you ever come into the company of one.

What Omar is doing is basically comparing the raw numbers.

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Why specify "mass shooting"?

Why not any damned shooting?

Who's responsible for more shooting deaths?

Might as well say, you're more likely to get shot by a white guy if you're in front of a crazy white guy doing some shooting, like in a softball game.

Terrorist attacks by Muslims are pretty much the same thing as a mass shooting.

So it’s the closest thing to compare it to.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Terribly sorry.

"I would say our country should be more fearful of white men across our country because they are actually causing most of the deaths within this country," she replied.

Yep. More fearful of white men. Then you went on to claim that she said we should be fearful of all men. See the disconnect?

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yep, as stated above. Thought as much.

"Statistics can be used to prove anything you want, 87% of people know that"- The Simpsons

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Terribly sorry.

Yep. More fearful of white men. Then you went on to claim that she said we should be fearful of all men. See the disconnect?

The only disconnect I see is you misquoting me.
Please show me where I said "she said we should be fearful of all men".
edit on 24-7-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   

In this interview she states that Americans need to be afraid of all white males because THEY are responsible for most of the deaths in this country.

edit on 24-7-2019 by TrumpTribbleAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Terribly sorry.

In this interview she states that Americans need to be afraid of all white males because THEY are responsible for most of the deaths in this country.

Where’s the emoji for facepalm?

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Terribly sorry.

So do you really not see the difference between "all white men" and "all men"...Or are you being intentionally obtuse?

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Terribly sorry.

Where’s the emoji for facepalm?

Will this do?

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Terribly sorry.

So do you really not see the difference between "all white men" and "all men"...Or are you being intentionally obtuse?

More fearful vs. being fearful of all.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Terribly sorry.

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join