It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Omar: Americans Should Be "More Fearful of White Men"--Racist or Not Racist?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Omar is a racist. Its clear. She's also a trojan horse and should be removed immediately.

Shes dangerous and the fact that she got this far should be a lesson. It's unbelievable.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   
The evil moronic left has been busy trying to change the definitions of things.

Nationalism is now racist.
Patriotism is now racist.

Just hating someone because of their skin color?

Not so much.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Not so much.

So, what's the solution?

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
They get away with it because of how they state statistics.

If you have a population of snarks and greegs that has 10,000 snarks to 100 greegs. Let's say that about 25% of the greeg population commits violent crimes which means that 25 greegs have done something violent (assault, murder, etc.) while only 10% of the snark population engages in the same, meaning 1,000 snarks have done something violent.

Comparing the raw numbers, more snarks have been violent than greegs, but looking at percentage chance of violence, a greeg is still scarier company if you ever come into the company of one.

What Omar is doing is basically comparing the raw numbers.

I think this is a very good point overall about correct interpretation of statistics (Yes. There is a correct way.)

However....

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: blueman12

Omar was talking about fearing men originally.

Drones aren't men.

In fairness, I think it should be pointed out that white females are just as numerous as white males.

edit on 26-7-2019 by bloodymarvelous because: missed part

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: RMFX1

Not so much.

So, what's the solution?

When our elected leaders are the racists, then the only rational solution is throat-punching racists.

But hey, that's just one mans opinion.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: looneylupinsrevenge

and if that's what she said, no one would have cared.

This thread has a different story to offer. Look for context, watch the whole interview and get back to me.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: looneylupinsrevenge

and if that's what she said, no one would have cared.

This thread has a different story to offer. Look for context, watch the whole interview and get back to me.

Context?

Why do we only care about context when it's a leftist who says something really awkward?

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Even in context Ms. Omar was being racist. Throughout the interview, issues such as Islamophobia and Trump's travel ban were being discussed (both of which I am strictly opposed to, in no small part due to the fact that my work has brought me into contact with thousands of Saudi, Libyan, and Gulf country citizens and some of my favorite people in the world are among these).

When asked what she would say to Conservatives (which according to her answer one can posit she assumes are white people-- racist in itself) who blame the rise of Islamophobia on radical Islamic terror, she comes out with "I would say our country should be more fearful of white men across our country, because they are actually causing most of the deaths within this country."

So she answers bigotry (zenophobia based on ideology) with racism (zenophobia based on skin color). Even if being tongue in cheek, her bias against white people is showing. Which is the definition of racism by any dictionary account and which stands regardless of revisionists' attempts to change the meaning of the word. At least this is how I see it.

edit on 27-7-2019 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

No. Mehdi's hypothesis, that conserves are driven by irrational fear (not hate), seems to be pretty darn accurate if we would be willing to take a closer look at the actual numbers.
Do you see any parallels to the recent TED-talk on Antifa?

50 murders brought to you by actual fascists versus 1 from Antifa. Guess who is supposed to carry that elusive terrorist label? Don't tell me you can't see the not-so-hidden hand moving pieces here, please!
edit on 27-7-2019 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Yes. Conservatives AND liberals are right now being driven by an irrational fear and hate (fed daily by media sensationalists).

It's hard to sit in the middle and watch all of this.

(Not that I feel above anyone-- don't want anyone to think that because God knows I suffer plenty from my own faults and surely but very regrettably have caused others to suffer through mistakes I've made.)

But the political bickering has gotten out of hand from this perspective. And very black and white and large brushing.
edit on 27-7-2019 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT>> Now she's divorcing her brother.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I feel ya. Cheers to that, and to this little Symposium. I hope your food is better than mine.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Cheers, friend.

This toast is in hopes I and whoever else is interested reach a better understanding of the world and each other from our explorations/discussions.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrumpTribbleAlien
a reply to: DBCowboy

Did she say that we should fear all white people? If she did, I cannot see how she could be around white Congresspeople.

Nazis used to be around Jews before they marched them off to the camps.

She's around them because she has no option but to be around them. Given the power and ability I'd guess she'd soon clear the government of the evil honkies before moving onto the populace going by what I read comes out of her mouth.
Means to an end and all that.

I'm not even American and such a person in a position of power scares me. But hey hey people. Who voted her in?
Just like all your (and ours) crappy politicians she didn't just walk into the building and say "I am now an official"

I thought democracies the people could remove such politicians from power and with the aid of the police and military.

But my bad, I'm confusing being a democracy with being an oligarchic republic again.

I guess this is what we get when we have governments where you can only apply for the job based on your wealth and private school attended instead of experience, intelligence and ability.

If only people would use those constitutions and amendments I am always hearing about.
One day maybe?

Perhaps you have to be British, a slave owner, or Middle Eastern Dictator before Americans will get off their arses and do something about you?
Looking at the history books that seems to be the case.

edit: good to see racist slurs against Caucasians are still the only racist slurs ATS and every other website still don't block.
edit on 28-7-2019 by AtomicKangaroo because: irony

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: RMFX1

Not so much.

So, what's the solution?

When our elected leaders are the racists, then the only rational solution is throat-punching racists.

But hey, that's just one mans opinion.

If you have a history of racism or bigotry , then you should be banned from taking any position within public office
if you make any racist statements or bigoted statements whilst in public office you should be fired immediately

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

yes I completey agree anyone making racists comments in general should be banned
and never be allowed to hold a meaningful job, maybe then people would start to pay attention !

When we sanction you personally from work because of your beliefs then maybe you will think , I cant survive in this world unless I change !

Why do we still tolerate people being racist regardless of their ethnic origins

Our elected leaders should not be racist or bigots, and if they are proven to be they should lose their job .

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I'm not really of this mind set. I do believe in free will, and therefore believe that people should be allowed to think anything they'd like, regardless of how distasteful it is to me. I'm not here to thought-police others.

I personally consider bigoted thinking to be closed-minded and shallow, and therefore am loath to count bigots among my own circle and avoid anyone who puts so much negative energy into disparaging others rather than self growth. I'm glad when people freely speak their minds so that I might gauge whether this is a person I'd like to spend more time getting to know or not.

As for elected officials, I think the onus is ours (the population) to ensure our officials represent our values, rather than laws barring people from office, which is a huge slippery slope imo.
As a people, we usually get the type of leadership we deserve.

(Verbal abuse or worse is another story.)

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I am not of the mind of thought police , just actions and the words you release from your mind into the public !
there is no place for racism as it simply ignorance of biological facts, and the indoctrination by ignorant people or parents you were surrounded by growing up .

Thinking is one thing, our thoughts are our own and we suffer the consequences of impure thoughts by our self

so no need to police that , karma does just fine there !

however having the right to speak your mind freely is one thing, but saying anything just because you can is different.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Can't argue with that...

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: randomthoughts12
a reply to: IAMTAT

How could this not be racist? If she said Americans should be more fearful of white men with a swastika or white hood is the only way I could see it not being racist.

Instead she bases everything on race or color and umm that's racism.

HEY!...watch it with that logic and common sense!

Right! It's not cool when one might get nervous or overthink common sense these days.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join