It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Historical Meaning Of Jihad & Political Correctness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The term ‘Jihad’ has become hotly contested in Culture today.

On the one hand Jihadist Groups view violent Jihad as the simple expression and continuation of Islam in its original form when it was initially established in Arabia.

From the other perspective, you have a Moslem group best described as ‘Moderate’ who contend that Islam is in-fact a Religion of Peace and that Jihadist groups like the Islamic State have corrupted the true teachings of the Quran, and in particular, the true meaning of the term ‘Jihad’ to suit their own objectives.

Is this simple Political correctness or are the so-called ‘Extremists’ and ‘Fundamentalists’, the most repugnant to the modern world, the truly faithful Muslims?

Should an honest conversation about Islam not begin with an honest examination of its Historical development otherwise it will suffer from the same denialism as Christianity today?

The Meaning Of Jihad & Political Correctness

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Vhedza

You bring up an intriguing topic.

Isn't one of the teachings of radical Islam to "be deceptive" if it furthers the goal of spreading Islam and inflicting damage on followers of other religions? Or is that just BS?

If it's true, I could see how certain groups saying "That's not the true meaning of Jihad" as simply being deceptive to further their goals.. but I'm no scholar on Islam (that's for sure)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: Vhedza

You bring up an intriguing topic.

Isn't one of the teachings of radical Islam to "be deceptive" if it furthers the goal of spreading Islam and inflicting damage on followers of other religions? Or is that just BS?

If it's true, I could see how certain groups saying "That's not the true meaning of Jihad" as simply being deceptive to further their goals.. but I'm no scholar on Islam (that's for sure)

I just think Moslems should be honest about what Jihad really means because there's an element of violence involved

new topics

join