It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Triangles are being piloted by Reptilian Psychic Vampires from Atlantis!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams
TheLibra is right on,

The board has been flooded with childish threads about how to kung fu fight shapeshifters and stuff like that for months. Threads that concern actual sightings, research, or the philosophical implications of ET contact drop like stones... while the threads that require zero thought or research grow to monstrous proportions (after all, it's easier to give your opinion on what a karate fight with a reptilian would be like than to actual research the validity of Project Blue Book or something like that).

I think it's time to create a BTS forum for the purely speculative/fictitious stuff. This would clear up the ET forum for real research threads (though I want it to be clear that I consider objective discussions regarding UFO folkore to be 'real' discussions... Perhaps I should start a thread entitled "Why do 14 year old boys want to fist fight shape shifting reptilians?").

[edit on 4-3-2005 by onlyinmydreams]

Which thread do you cite?
I hope you werent refering to my post My reptilian abduction.
If you were youd be wrong many times.....

and thanks thelibra
for adding to the reptilian disifo bandwagon.
waste of time....

[edit on 5-3-2005 by lizzardsamok]

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion
(...)

Were you trying to precisely attract the tabloid-lovers and make them think about it? Or trying to show that tabloid-like titles and sensationalism can attract just everyone??

I think it's both of these actually. But the title of that thread seemed obviously fake to me, if not downright an oxymoron...

It seemed to me at first to be one of these highly illuminated posts by an incredibly enlightened super moron!

[Edit]
To avoid problems, I underline that this is not my opinion on this post. I was just curious about the kind of person described above (hum...) that could have been seriously writing that!
[/Edit]

Curiosity attracted me there I must admit. But the title and the post don't seem to be part of the same thing...

I mean, it's like I would use a big banner on my house "Free Beer Everyone" to attract people to a garage sale, and gave them no beer... You see?

[edit on 5-3-2005 by SpookyVince]

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by lizzardsamok

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams
TheLibra is right on,

I think it's time to create a BTS forum for the purely speculative/fictitious stuff. This would clear up the ET forum for real research threads (though I want it to be clear that I consider objective discussions regarding UFO folkore to be 'real' discussions... Perhaps I should start a thread entitled "Why do 14 year old boys want to fist fight shape shifting reptilians?").

[edit on 4-3-2005 by onlyinmydreams]

Which thread do you cite?
I hope you werent refering to my post My reptilian abduction.
If you were youd be wrong many times.....

and thanks thelibra
for adding to the reptilian disifo bandwagon.
waste of time....

[edit on 5-3-2005 by lizzardsamok]

Lizxardsamok,
See, you are such a defensive/offensive person, you're doing it again.
If she want's to add to the disifo bandwagon, more power to her, I've been eating your story up and spitting it back out again and again. Personally, I haven't had so much fun disecting a stroy as yours, in a long time.

TheLibra, (I'm one also)
Your point well taken about the sensationalism but I'd like to add 2 cents. I have been disecting Lizzards story up and down, and quite honestly I've enjoyed it. It's seemed like a school subject that you can't wait to investigate (mine was the pyramids.) So, although I know that I could just let it die out, I don't.

Tuatara

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
It seems that most of the alien thread is made up of tabloid loving physcos who'll believ anything you tell them, and watch the Sci-Fi channel all day taking it for truth. AN alien thraed is cool, but these people are crazy. Thats all i have to say.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I just wanted to say:

Atlantis, as in a sunken continent or large land mass, reported by Plato and prophecised by Edgar Cacye, who got many of his predictions right, may well have existed.

Reptillians, as in underground saurian races that evolved from the dinosaurs who originally inhabited this planet and reported by every culture as shape shifting beings, may well exist.

And Psychic vampirism, as in being able to consciouslly or unconsciously deplete people of their energy, does indeed exist.

And Black triangles, as in the aircraft often sighted by some, especially by thousands in the Pheonix lights incident, most probably do exist.

Therefore, Reptillian psychic vampires in black triangles from Atlantis, could well exist too

[edit on 6-3-2005 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
lizardsamok,

I was talking about the threads that are started off with posts that say stuff like, "I wad wit ma frendz on wedsday nit and wed saww four o five space monkeyz and they sacrred me and i sez to the newzman that id kill im if he didnt report it or so my frendz sez."

...or the ones that say stuff like, "So, what is the best kung fu move to put on a Neptunian?" and nothing more.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I knew that title seemed tomuch of a dumb topic to be real.Lol that topic has been up the forum for days,weeks,and i kept on wondering why are ATS user actually replying to this.I seriously wondered this.So i decided to check what this member had really said,and to my relief,i found it was only ment to bring members.

I dont know about many of you but for a second there I thought ATS was becoming more and more less of what it claims to be.

What a relief.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
You will not also seek to rally the membership of the AboveTopSecret.com discussion board for any cause withouot prior written permission from the site owner.

Ah, thanks for the heads up. So, er... if we wanted to start a "Quality Post Encouragement Group" or summat, we'd need to contact the site owner first.

Well, I suppose it couldn't hurt.

And for those who just immediately got a red flag from something like that, I'm not starting some neo-Nazi censorship group. I'm not advocating the banning or censorship of anything. I'm just looking for a way to get people to encourage good threads.

Originally posted by SpookyVince
...who really were you really trying to attract to your post with such a title if yourself consider that it is worthless just because of the title? I don't mean to be rude in any way, but there is a logic behind that, that I don't fully understand... Were you trying to precisely attract the tabloid-lovers and make them think about it? Or trying to show that tabloid-like titles and sensationalism can attract just everyone??

No offense taken at all, it's a perfectly valid question, however I should think the answer is obvious, from the initial post. Simply put, I had a point to make. This thread, in the scope of only a few hours, got hundreds of views, and as such, a lot of replies, whereas previous posts, titled in a serious fashion, received single digit views and no replies.

So basically, it served as a combination lure, admonishment, and experiment to see if I was actually right about ridiculous thread titles getting the meat of people's attention, rather than the seriously titled threads.

Originally posted by SpookyVince
Btw, even if it is a very interesting discussion (and you have several good points I think), this topic should probably not belong to the Aliens & UFOs forum, unless the title is "designed for"... It is a forum where sensationalism & the likes are common...

Seemed the best place for the title of the thread, and the title was crucial for the experiment.

Originally posted by Echtelion
Oh... people don't let your mind be fooled by the original poster! The reptilian vampires from Atlantis are really using their black triangles to suck your brain energy, and this thread is a plot to make you think it's just joke!!!

Alas, I have been found out.
i'm actually a disinformation agent sent by the grays to keep everyone from discovering the truth, and distract them with verifiable news of fascinating technology or political scandal. ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!!

:LOL:

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Libra, what is a ridiculous thread and how do we decide what is ridiculous and what isn't?

Aliens and UFO's are part of the unknown. Which basically means anything is possible. Now, I have actually not seen a thread talking about psychic vampires, Atlantis and reptillians.

However, it sounds like you were taking a dig at Lizzardsamok. Who is only talking about his so called experience with the reptillians. Which, like it or not, are actually a serious subject in ufology.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I apologize for fooling you. This article is something of a social sciences test. You see, I've noticed that most of the deep, thought provoking articles on this board die out, having received 20 or less views, and often zero replies. These articles that tell of true, verifyable dangers to you, your friends, your families, or you countries. Some of them offer exciting news that could enrich your life, or help you or your loved ones...

That's why I've avoided reading this thread till now, and then decided to after seeing the author, hehe...as I just had to see where it was going. Interesting observation, and one I've shared over the past couple weeks on a few threads. It was largely the inspiration for my Roswell threads, etc. To show that even an old case, where everyone thinks they know everything about it, can still have some startling new insights. I used to consider myself pretty well-versed on it and learned many new things in my research for the threads.

I certainly don't advocate the elimination of the personal account threads. We can't prove or disprove conspiracies in general really, we can only make our case for our opinion and see how it goes from there. Still, it is an interesting social insight that the sensational threads are the ones generating all the replies and views. Well, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink my friend, hehe...
Personally, I'm happy if just one person is enriched by one of my serious posts (even if that person is just me...)...

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
Libra, what is a ridiculous thread and how do we decide what is ridiculous and what isn't?

Aliens and UFO's are part of the unknown. Which basically means anything is possible.

This is actually quite a good question...
I guess it comes down to a few "red flags"

If a post has a title that invovles pop sci-fi/horror icons, intermingled, with absolutely no research, entirely speculation, and begins with:

"Hey, I was thinking, what if..."
or "Wouldn't it be cool if..."
or something along those lines...

It's probably a ridiculous thread.

Or alternately, some sort of fantastic (as in, fantasy, not "great") statement like "The Grays are working with the shadow government" and no supporting evidence.

Now, a real good example of a -great- thread, that had fantastic elements was your post about how cities in India/Pakistan area may have had higher technology than us. It was well thought out, insightful, had quoted sources for the information, as well as cross-references to similar technology that exhibited the same properties. While I personally still find the subject a tad dubious, I have to give you major props on such a great thread that actually made me consider new possibilities in a more serious light.

However, if you had written a post like "Aliens Ruled India in 2000 BC!" with little more than "I think aliens ruled india, because the Baghavad Gita is so wierd and they have some piccys that look like aliens!" then I'd have wanted my 5 seconds back.

Originally posted by Gazrok
It was largely the inspiration for my Roswell threads, etc. To show that even an old case, where everyone thinks they know everything about it, can still have some startling new insights. I used to consider myself pretty well-versed on it and learned many new things in my research for the threads.

Gaz, your posts are the standard to which I hold my own posts. Your FOIA memo thread on Roswell was a great thread, and one which actually shifted me a little less towards skeptic and more towards believer. I still remain a skeptical believer on most subjects, but major props on your threads in general.

But another good example of ridiculous threads would have been if the same thread had "President and FBI in league with the Reptillians" supported by something like "They've got papers, somewhere, that they won't share! They're hiding it from us waiting for the great disclosure!" Then again, I'd have wanted my 5 seconds back.

ALL:
I suppose that, really, one can have a great post about anything, probably even "Vampiric Reptilians Piloting Black Triangles From Atlantis", provided the post was done in a rational manner, with supporting evidence, linking each, and with a minimal amount of speculation. Unfortunately, that has been what has been lacking from most of the sensational sounding posts.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
While I do agree that the threads here are very often ridiculous, you can't dismiss a thread by it's lack of proof (I said lack of PROOF, not lack of EVIDENCE...two different things). Otherwise, it wouldn't be a conspirecy if you could prove it, and then we'd have no ATS

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
While I do agree that the threads here are very often ridiculous, you can't dismiss a thread by it's lack of proof (I said lack of PROOF, not lack of EVIDENCE...two different things). Otherwise, it wouldn't be a conspirecy if you could prove it, and then we'd have no ATS

Oh, I agree, with one exception: When someone calls the skeptics idiots for not believing in X.

For instance, if someone says "The Shadow Government controls everything, rigs the elections, and is out to take over the world, it's happening right now!!! DEATH! FAMINE! DISEASE! NUKES!!!"

To which I say, "Really? Oh dear." Then I look around outside, hear the soft chirruping of crickets, and the absolute dearth of any sort of sirens, lightning, or mechanized military craft. I go back to my keyboard, and ask for some sources to back that up (besides hearsay), cause it seems like the police forgot to break down my door and the military failed to roll tanks through my neighborhood.

The response I usually get back: "You're an idiot for not believing what I have proven to be true! It's everywhere! You're obviously one of THEMMMMM!!!!"

I go back through the thread, looking for the so-called proof, and find pretty much more of the same statement, over and over again: "You're an idiot if you don't believe me, and you're just brainwashed! Open your eyes!"

So I open my eyes, go ones step further, open my ears, and perhaps even call a friend... Nope. No one has shot them dead in the street, and it hasn't happened to anyone they know... nope, not on the news... In fact, everything appears to pretty much be the same way it was 20 years ago, only the names have changed...

At that point, I ask for proof.

The reply I usually end up with is something to the effect of my being an idiot for not believing them.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Well you didn't fool me. I could smell the sarcasm a mile off. It is a very catchy title for a lot of contributors here though I suppose. Sadly.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
why our you mocking our open mindedness? perhaps you are too paranoid. personally, i tend to not read the aritcles that deal with things that are news, because i don't want to read a bunch of mangled stories that people try to reproduce to the best of their recolection, if it has a news link, and things of that nature, then yes, i would read it. but i am not going to receive news that has had a 'Telephone' effect acted on it. it's good to read them, and do a little research of your own, but who would do that? people are lazy, me probally one of the most, i don't deny it, but please do mock me for it.

your consern is refreshing though, i've never read anyone doing such a thing, it was a real eye opener, and i thank you for 'putting things in perspective' for me.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra
"The Shadow Government controls everything, rigs the elections, and is out to take over the world, it's happening right now!!! DEATH! FAMINE! DISEASE! NUKES!!!"

"You're an idiot for not believing what I have proven to be true! It's everywhere! You're obviously one of THEMMMMM!!!!"

"You're an idiot if you don't believe me, and you're just brainwashed! Open your eyes!"

Libra, if you're really getting replies like this, please provide links. They're bloomin hilarious!

I don't really have much to add that hasn't already been said, and I definitely agree with you. Although I can't say that I haven't posted any theories without evidence to back it up.

You say there are people who call you an idiot for doubting their ideas. But the opposite also occurs. Sometimes you just want to throw an idea out there and see people's response to it. I made an "out there" thread about the possibility of Satan being the driving force behind the NWO and aliens being fallen angels, and I certainly don't have more than vague connections to back it up. And yet I had people shaking their metaphorical fists at me, calling me a fundamentalist nutbar, and demanding proof.

I've noticed the trend you speak of as well, but as someone else said above, you have to take the good with the bad, particularly in such a large and diverse community as ATS. I've enjoyed your posts immensely, whether I've agreed with you or not, and you always came across to me as someone with a thicker skin than you're displaying here. What happened? Sounds like you need a hug.

One possible solution, in line with the "club" idea you mentioned earlier, would be to have a list of people whose opinion and contribution you respect. You could send U2Us to each other when you post/see something you'd like the other members to view or comment on. Someone such as yourself who already enjoys the respect of many members would not find this difficult to set up I should imagine.

Just my $0.02

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra

Originally posted by mpeake

Oh, I agree, with one exception: When someone calls the skeptics idiots for not believing in X.

For instance, if someone says "The Shadow Government controls everything, rigs the elections, and is out to take over the world, it's happening right now!!! DEATH! FAMINE! DISEASE! NUKES!!!"

To which I say, "Really? Oh dear." Then I look around outside, hear the soft chirruping of crickets, and the absolute dearth of any sort of sirens, lightning, or mechanized military craft. I go back to my keyboard, and ask for some sources to back that up (besides hearsay), cause it seems like the police forgot to break down my door and the military failed to roll tanks through my neighborhood.

The response I usually get back: "You're an idiot for not believing what I have proven to be true! It's everywhere! You're obviously one of THEMMMMM!!!!"

I go back through the thread, looking for the so-called proof, and find pretty much more of the same statement, over and over again: "You're an idiot if you don't believe me, and you're just brainwashed! Open your eyes!"

So I open my eyes, go ones step further, open my ears, and perhaps even call a friend... Nope. No one has shot them dead in the street, and it hasn't happened to anyone they know... nope, not on the news... In fact, everything appears to pretty much be the same way it was 20 years ago, only the names have changed...

At that point, I ask for proof.

The reply I usually end up with is something to the effect of my being an idiot for not believing them.

You are right on there...I usually can handle a crazy sounding claim or two if the poster is not insisting that I am ignorrant or some "disinfo agent" for not agreeing with or beleiving in his/her claim. I too will not let that kind of poster go lightly.

But if they make thier case, produce thier evidence, and let the conversation flow without resulting to insults, I got no problem. Just don't go on the defensive when you are asked the who's, why's, what's, and how's of your claim.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I'd like to add 2012 to the list of stuff I'm sick of hearing about. When 2012 passes, I figure we got a good 15 years until people start talking about 2030-something (when the Unix's Y2K problem allegedly happens).

I'm not sure why people want the world to end so much.
It seems like they're more hopeful of it ending than improving it.
(sigh)...

Sorry, just needed to complain, and this seemed the thread to do it. I need a nap.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Many of these fantastic theories seem to be mutually exclusive at that: Should we go with the Mayan calendar, or the John Titor calendar ?

Common sense tells us that at least one of these theories doesn't hold water, isnt it just fair to ask solid proof for the other 50 percent ? Or do we have to use ad hoc explanations and invent parallel universes wich somehow allow both predictions to exist in different timelines etc, again very odd looking explanations, wich fail to be backed up by evidence ???

[edit on 14-3-2005 by Silenus]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
I just wanted to say:

Atlantis, as in a sunken continent or large land mass, reported by Plato and prophecised by Edgar Cacye, who got many of his predictions right, may well have existed.

Reptillians, as in underground saurian races that evolved from the dinosaurs who originally inhabited this planet and reported by every culture as shape shifting beings, may well exist.

And Psychic vampirism, as in being able to consciouslly or unconsciously deplete people of their energy, does indeed exist.

And Black triangles, as in the aircraft often sighted by some, especially by thousands in the Pheonix lights incident, most probably do exist.

Therefore, Reptillian psychic vampires in black triangles from Atlantis, could well exist too

[edit on 6-3-2005 by Indigo_Child]

Right proper posting, I don't need to say anything more, but I will:

Those who know, know, and don't need to be convinced any. Those who don't, don't for a reason, usually because they rely too much on their conditioning. When those who break the bonds of image and consumption take a look into the knowledge of the ancients and the occult with an open mind, there is a paradigm shift. I look forward to your posts.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join