It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ilhan Omar is a hypocrite

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: BuckyWunderlick

originally posted by: TrumpTribbleAlien
a reply to: projectvxn

I would love to see the tweet in question. I guess that guy no longer has that account.
This is the conversation: twitter.com...
I've looked for archives to no avail. I guess we will never know what was being said.

Telling people of color to go back to wherever they are from has been considered racist for a long time, hence the difference. Had he told the same to other people like Pelosi and Bernie, then it would not be considered racist.

Let me give you a hypothetical. Had a president tell the Jewish Congresspeople to go back to Israel and fix their problems, the right would scream anti-Semitic and racist (we've already seen that with them accusing the Squad of that).

Which is my point, without the original tweet it's impossible to tell what is meant by her tweet.

Trump clarified what he meant to no avail. No one cared about the context or clarification , no one considered it, and they condemned the use of a “racist trope”. Ohmar used the exact same racist trope.

The context of trumps tweets was telling 4 US citizens, 3 of whom were born in the US, that they should go back to where they came from.

We dont know context of Ohmars tweet as its a reply to something we can't see.

That’s incorrect. Trump has clarified what he meant. He’s the only one who knew what he meant. The media and their fans had to remove the vast majority of words from the sentence in order to make it true.

Have read the full tweet, doesn't change what he said at all.

But he didn’t tell 4 US citizens that they should go back where they came from. That is something you assumed.

Who do you think he was talking about.

Why don’t you quote him?

QUESTION:

Who were you talking about in your tweet about going back to their home (INAUDIBLE)?

TRUMP:

Well I don’t mention–I didn’t mention names and I didn’t do that but I will tell you with our country and I think everybody in this audience these are great manufacturers, great workers in our audience two, they brought a lot of their workers here if you are not happy here then you can leave. As far as I am concerned if you hate our country–

(APPLAUSE)

–if you’re not happy here you can leave. That is what I say all of the time. That’s what I said in a Tweet which I guess some people think is controversial, a lot of people love it by the way. A lot of people love it but if you are not happy in the U.S. if you are complaining all of the time very simply you can leave. You can leave right now. Come back if you want, don’t come back, that’s okay, too. But if you are not happy you can leave.
edit on 24-7-2019 by BuckyWunderlick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Omar, when asked about fear of Islam, evokes race and says “I think our country needs to be more afraid of white man”.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BuckyWunderlick

Since he specifically said Democrat congresswoman there seems to be a fairly limited pool of who he is talking about.

So same question sgain who do you think he is talking about?

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I gave you a few screenshots of his tweets. There's more if you care to read his Twitter.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Illan Omar has white fright.....

BOO!!

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I gave you a few screenshots of his tweets. There's more if you care to read his Twitter.

You gave a screenshot of him quoting someone else. But whom he was quoting was suspiciously missing from your screenshots. I know because I often read trump’s twitter.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Since he specifically said Democrat congresswoman there seems to be a fairly limited pool of who he is talking about.

Why assume 4 when you could just as easily assume 2? Or three? Oh, right, because the media said so.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   

You gave a screenshot of him quoting someone else. But whom he was quoting was suspiciously missing from your screenshots. I know because I often read trump’s twitter.

Who said "some people did something"? Who said "concentration camps"?

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Trump uses Ilhan to keep his bible thumping redneck voters at bay.
He has to come up with something after the wall fiasco and the empty promises of deporting millions of illegals.
Nothing better to rile up a bunch of hillbillies than to tell a black muslim woman to take a hike.
The "lock her up" and "build that wall" chants haven't worked out so well so now we have have the brand new flavour of the day called "send her home".
Comedy gold

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Why assume 4 when you could just as easily assume 2? Or three? Oh, right, because the media said so.

So which Democrat congresswoman was he referring then. Do enlighten us.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Ilhan Omar

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Ilhan Omar, most definitely.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Just her?

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Just her?

Which one “originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all).”?

Maybe he was speaking of Tlaib as well. She explicitly refers to herself as Palestinian-American, so it could be an honest mistake to assume she is from Palestine.

Why assume more than that without any reason to do so?

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Ilhan Omar

That's one. Now who else?

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I'm sorry, but this one smells like bull#.

If you look at the top of the tweet in your OP, it tells you who she is replying to... and it isn't who your source claims she's responding to.

This qualifies as a hoax in my book.

edit on 24-7-2019 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Ilhan Omar

That's one. Now who else?

How do you know he was referring to someone else, let alone “4 democratic congresswomen of color?”

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Just her?

Which one “originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all).”?

Maybe he was speaking of Tlaib as well. She explicitly refers to herself as Palestinian-American, so it could be an honest mistake to assume she is from Palestine.

Why assume more than that without any reason to do so?

I suppose it would s possible someone with Trumps limited command of the English language could use women to mean one person.

It's also possible he is such a coward and a bully he wouldn't just use their name.

You would obviously have to ignore previous and subsequent texts where he refers to the 4 congresswoman (guess it could be a different 4 ....)

It also possible you actually think it would make what he said somehow ok if that was the case.

I think on balance its pathetic excuses being made to try and justify some clearly racist tweets.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

some clearly racist tweets.

Nothing he said was racist.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

You should read the thread that was posted.

The user in question isn't on Twitter anymore, and that is the problem. It does not mean it is BS. Ilhan Omar did say those things.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join