It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ilhan Omar is a hypocrite

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I would love to see the tweet in question. I guess that guy no longer has that account.
This is the conversation: twitter.com...
I've looked for archives to no avail. I guess we will never know what was being said.

Telling people of color to go back to wherever they are from has been considered racist for a long time, hence the difference. Had he told the same to other people like Pelosi and Bernie, then it would not be considered racist.

Let me give you a hypothetical. Had a president tell the Jewish Congresspeople to go back to Israel and fix their problems, the right would scream anti-Semitic and racist (we've already seen that with them accusing the Squad of that).

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: TrumpTribbleAlien

twitter.com...

This is the conversation thread.

You are correct. But she was responding to Aisha in disagreement, then she responded to an American in the manner in which she did.

Regardless, her comments are still remarkably hypocritical for someone who calls others racist for saying similar things to what she says to others.

Where is the tweet she responded to?

The person is not there anymore and his tweets are deleted.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrumpTribbleAlien

I would love to see the tweet in question. I guess that guy no longer has that account.
I've looked for archives to no avail. I guess we will never know what was being said.

Telling people of color to go back to wherever they are from has been considered racist for a long time, hence the difference. Had he told the same to other people like Pelosi and Bernie, then it would not be considered racist.

Let me give you a hypothetical. Had a president tell the Jewish Congresspeople to go back to Israel and fix their problems, the right would scream anti-Semitic and racist (we've already seen that with them accusing the Squad of that).

Which is my point, without the original tweet it's impossible to tell what is meant by her tweet.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

But they are antisemitic.

The rest of your post is a fair criticism of my OP.

That is something I cannot account for.

edit on 24 7 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Which is my point, without the original tweet it's impossible to tell what is meant by her tweet.

Exactly. It's moot. We can speculate and squabble all we want but we will never reach conclusion.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

So as long as it’s aimed at whites it’s no longer racist? I almost spat out my coffee.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuckyWunderlick

So as long as it’s aimed at whites it’s no longer racist? I almost spat out my coffee.

Hey it's society, not me. Sorry to disappoint you.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Trump clarified what he meant to no avail. No one cared about the context or clarification , no one considered it, and they condemned the use of a “racist trope”. Ohmar used the exact same racist trope.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Society once thought the earth was flat.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Actually that's a myth. LOL.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   

No it isn’t lol

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Trump clarified what he meant to no avail. No one cared about the context or clarification , no one considered it, and they condemned the use of a “racist trope”. Ohmar used the exact same racist trope.

The context of trumps tweets was telling 4 US citizens, 3 of whom were born in the US, that they should go back to where they came from.

We dont know context of Ohmars tweet as its a reply to something we can't see.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

No it isn’t lol

Be prepared to be amazed.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   

No it isn’t lol

Be prepared to be amazed.

en.wikipedia.org...

You might be surprised to learn that western civilization isn’t the only civilization.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   

The context of trumps tweets was telling 4 US citizens, 3 of whom were born in the US, that they should go back to where they came from.

That’s incorrect. Trump has clarified what he meant. He’s the only one who knew what he meant. The media and their fans had to remove the vast majority of words from the sentence in order to make it true.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

That’s incorrect. Trump has clarified what he meant. He’s the only one who knew what he meant. The media and their fans had to remove the vast majority of words from the sentence in order to make it true.

Have read the full tweet, doesn't change what he said at all.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

But he didn’t tell 4 US citizens that they should go back where they came from. That is something you assumed.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   

But he didn’t tell 4 US citizens that they should go back where they came from. That is something you assumed.

Who do you think he was talking about.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Who do you think he was talking about.

Suspiciously missing is whom he was quoting. It was Louisiana Senator John Kennedy who said that.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join