It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ilhan Omar is a hypocrite

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
I don't have the time to read the whole thread, but all our leftist members have no doubt come in here and confirmed that Omar is a racist right?

who am I kidding?

How was she being racist?

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: projectvxn

But that Tweet from years ago makes Ilhan a hypocrite! That Tweet from Trump from years ago though? No problemo.

Why are you ignoring what I said about that tweet?

Honesty. Try it.

I love the deflection.

Tell me another one about how you're above all of this, too.

It's so funny watching people who pretend to be impartial or at least somewhat middle or apolitical go all-in for the left because Trump.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrumpTribbleAlien

I don't have the time to read the whole thread, but all our leftist members have no doubt come in here and confirmed that Omar is a racist right?

who am I kidding?

Cute defense, playing dumb. Newsflash it doesn't work. We all know you're just a hypocrite.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

who am I kidding?

We’ve had weeks of fevered reporting telling us tweets such of that are racist, and as Rep Cummins said, such rhetoric reminds him of being pelted by stones back during the 60s. Is it not racist?

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

who am I kidding?

Cute defense, playing dumb. Newsflash it doesn't work. We all know you're just a hypocrite.

So you have no idea? Got it.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuckyWunderlick

who am I kidding?

We’ve had weeks of fevered reporting telling us tweets such of that are racist, and as Rep Cummins said, such rhetoric reminds him of being pelted by stones back during the 60s. Is it not racist?

Is the mayor a person of color?

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
What? No? A politician is a hypocrite? That can;t be, can it?

Every overly political person, whether an elected official, or a the person next door posting on Facebook, is a hypocrite.

Take one elected Republican and one elected Democrat. Let them both do the same exact thing, or take the exact same stance but six months pass between occurrences.

Let's say the Republican is first. Most liberals are outraged and most conservatives are perfectly fine with the stance or incident.

Six months later the Democrat says or does the EXACT SAME THING: Liberal and conservatives become hypocrites as they happily swap sides on the outrage/support spectrum.

The same goes in politics. When the Democrats thought immigration and border security was an issue, was there a great joining across the aisle? No. Republicans didn't think it was important. Why? Because Democrats did. Now? Reverse the roles.

Hypocrisy. It's pretty much a requirement for the overly political (damaged) mind.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The thing is they are calling Trump out on what THEY think he is THINKING not his actual words.

While the squad is on record actually saying racist as bad or worse than what they are calling Trump out on. They are the ones pointing out color while Trump has been pointing out actions, words and characteristics on record.

The fact that you are a person of color does not excuse you from racism. At the least start calling it something other than racism if being of color excuses you of this.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Trump was wrong back then but that has nothing to do with today, right? The same can't be said about Omar though. She's a hypocrite! Trump not so much though, he gets a pass even though he was wrong.

If Omar is a hypocrite then it only goes to reason that Trump is too, unless you're holding a double standard that is.

edit on 7/24/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Trump was wrong back then but that has nothing to do with today, right?

Nice deflection.

The same can't be said about Omar though.

Ilhan Omar said that the comments from President Trump were racist. Here's Ilhan making the similar comments to another Somali immigrant, are these comments racist? Is Ilhan not a hypocrite?

If Omar is a hypocrite then it only goes to reason that Trump is too, unless you'ryou're holding a double standard that is.

Once again you're ignoring my comments to make a point that has no validity.
edit on 24 7 19 by projectvxn because: Change the word SAME for SIMILAR because Trump didn't say what leftists keep saying he did.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

She was replying to @jworiah1.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TrumpTribbleAlien

I'm aware of who she was replying to.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I'm aware of who she was replying to.

Then you should know she wasn't replying to a Somali immigrant.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Ilhan is a hypocrite just like Trump. You don't become a high ranking politician by being honest or consistent in your "morals". Omar is an embarrassment.

Now can you say the same and admit that Trump is a hypocrite? Because you can't just remove Trump from the topic when he is at the heart of the issue. If Omar is a hypocrite then so is Trump, I don't think you'll admit that though.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
I'm sure she is, as is most everyone on this planet.

Valid point.. Id say we are all walking hypocrisies. Well, except for me of course.

But, I think there are a couple of levels there.

Most (?) are trying to better themselves.

Some revel in it.

And, some use it intentionally to gain everything from power to dopamine hits for likes. Its become a habit in more ways than one.

In the latter group, we have hypocrisy that enables and encourages others to be the same. In fact, if you dont do the same.. there might very well be real world repercussions.

I honestly think thats different. Its pretty much the epitome of "having our cake and eating it too," but facilitated by people in positions of power, massive corporations, and social executions.

Historically, it doesnt end well.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: gallop

How can I condemn something when I had no idea it existed? Did YOU condemn it? Of course not because she wasn't relevant back then. I guess that makes you a hypocrite? Lol.

I don't defend ANY politician. I thought you guys would have gotten that by now, but I guess preconceived notions are hard to drop for the politically brainwashed.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

twitter.com...

This is the conversation thread.

You are correct. But she was responding to Aisha in disagreement, then she responded to an American in the manner in which she did.

Regardless, her comments are still remarkably hypocritical for someone who calls others racist for saying similar things to what she says to others.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

twitter.com...

This is the conversation thread.

You are correct. But she was responding to Aisha in disagreement, then she responded to an American in the manner in which she did.

Regardless, her comments are still remarkably hypocritical for someone who calls others racist for saying similar things to what she says to others.

Where is the tweet she responded to?

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

The tweet she responded to is the main thread.

Many participants in that discussion are no longer on Twitter.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I don't use Twitter so perhaps I am confused by isn't her tweet a reply to a specific tweet?

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join