It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paradise or heaven - Where do we go when we die.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: lostinspace

The passing away of the heavens and the melting of the elements only applies to this star system.

That is a good point to consider if one considers the universe not being as the author of Isaiah teaches. But then how does that apply to what 2nd Peter teaches?

2Peter 3:10-12
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent ------

There are several things to consider in what you propose. The foremost is that of the curse given to earth in the Genesis account. All of this universe is agree as being from the compounds of earth and earth must perish. In the creation process of this universe we have this first heaven of this world known to us as the atmospheric space of about 300 miles [480 kilometers]. This first heaven is a gradual decrease the higher we go to the end of the 300 miles limit where it then merges into a second heaven. This second heaven's limit is not known and is believed to be expanding as we speak. The space in which this second heaven is expanding into is named the third heaven. All that is in this universe is formed from earth but the third heaven is believed to be of another substance called celestial.

The NT tells us that all of these first and second heavens and earth shall be dissolved and the author of Isaiah tells us that new heavens and new earth will be created. So if the old is destroyed and the new created then there cannot be any thing of the old creation salvaged.

Isaiah 65:17-19
For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy. And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.

Now you are mistaken to believe that Satan fell from grace when he tempted Adam and Eve. According to the Sumerian kings list [which you should google] you will find that the Satan's of this rebellion ruled this earth for 385,200 years of that era of counting years, before the flood. Now the exact number of years to our understanding today is not really known but when the earth was put into motion it is believed, by NASA, that a day of that era was about four hours of our day today. That would mean that the earth rotated six times faster then as compared to now.

So the Satan's rebelled and were cast to this world long before Adam was formed and placed in protective custody in Gan Eden. Those first one third of the angelic host were eventually cast into Sheol where they are today and the earth given to Adam as a gift from the Creator. The Satan's of Jesus' day till this day are those of the second rebellion and known as the children of the Giants [Nephillim]. The Giants of the antediluvian period are also in captivity but the spirits of their children are those who create havoc in this world today and were those Satan's who afflicted Jesus in His ministry.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

It does my heart good to see a thread like this on ATS and I am
truly astounded by the knowledge of members sharing their positive thoughts
and understanding.

Excellent thread!

SnF

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

It's been nice chatting with you Seede but I can see you have all the answers. I look forward to the coming new heavens and new earth when all things will be good and righteous.

Luke 21:28
"But when these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near."

It will be a day to remember and we can talk about it afterwards because both you and I will be citizens in Jesus' kingdom.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: lostinspace

It will be a day to remember and we can talk about it afterwards because both you and I will be citizens in Jesus' kingdom.Text

Thank you for those words of encouragement. As an old man [past 90 years] it is difficult,at times, to be the last. My wife, mom, dad, brother, six sisters, and many friends are no longer here for me to enjoy and at times it seems that I could be mistaken. But then I turn the pages of my old bible and become refreshed by those who perished in faith. Be of good cheer because you have all that is needed and whatever more that is added to you in the coming years is by a measure of more faith by the Holy Spirit. LOL

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join