It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bruce Lee The Greatest Jedi of All TIME

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Life doesn't get much better than this.

I don't think any Jedi could withstand Bruce Lee Kenobi.

He doesn't even need a lightsaber to beat you silly, it's just that much more terrifying.

bonus scene:

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I remember growing up in the 70s going to a movie theater to see Enter the Dragon. People where pretend kung-fu fighting outside the theater. It was amazing! After seeing the movie I was doing it too!!! Most people really do not understand how Bruce Lee was a world wide phenomena changing every culture on the planet!

It wasn't just the fighting. Bruce Lee had an amazing spirituality to him.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   

I saw this most amazing kung fu movie once. It was not Bruce Lee and I've tried to find it now for like 20 years. In the movie, the student's master is killed by another school's master. The student vows to avenge his master. He practices, practices, and practices. He then faces the killer of his master and gets the crap kicked out of him. He goes back to his dojo and reaffirms his vow for revenge. He practices, practices, and practices. He goes back a second time and gets the crap kicked out of him. He then goes back to the dojo and realizes the only way to defeat the killer of his master was to strike at the guy really lightly so he could shatter the guys focal points of Chi. The student has a bunch of wire frame manikins covered with tissue. He practices, practices, and practices striking the manikins without breaking the tissue. He finally succeeds with not breaking the tissue with his strike. He's ready to face the master. He starts fighting and the strikes a blow on the master but with the lightest possible touch. The student shuffles back with a look of wonder on his face thinking why didn't it work. The master looks at him and says proudly, "I've moved my meridians." The master then goes to beat the crap out of the student a third time. Eventually the student wins but the scene "I've moved my meridians" was just awesome!!

edit on 24-7-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 01:52 AM
link   

"Boards don't hit back"

One of my favorite all time quotes from the legend

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 03:01 AM
link   
No he is not...

There is only one Laser Master.

edit on 24-7-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Bruce Lee was an inspiration.
His idea about how to improve martial arts helped towards to the creation of MMA and people understanding the idea of a complete fighter.
He would have made an awesome Jedi!!

People where pretend kung-fu fighting outside the theater. It was amazing!

edit on 24-7-2019 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Bruce Lee and his son Brandon are buried just a couple of miles away from me. Besides being an unstoppable opponent, Bruce also had other Jedi skills that made him popular with ladies: dancing! He was the Cha Cha champion of Hong Kong in 1958!

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   
So much more intimidating that than episode 8 Last Jedi laser whips or Episode 3 General Grievous quad arms.

Star wars should make this thing happen. Fast and dangerous, could you imagine the nunchuck spinning and deflecting all those laser fire from enemies like Jet Li Hero scene blocking arrows?

Bruce lee can take a whole army of droid himself with light saber nunchucks. "Fire, fire, fire! Ooofff!"

Someone should make a light saber version of this and turn the ping pong into laser.

edit on 24-7-2019 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Tarantino cast Mike Doh to play him in his new film.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I remember growing up in the 70s going to a movie theater to see Enter the Dragon. People where pretend kung-fu fighting outside the theater. It was amazing! After seeing the movie I was doing it too!!! Most people really do not understand how Bruce Lee was a world wide phenomena changing every culture on the planet!

It wasn't just the fighting. Bruce Lee had an amazing spirituality to him.

You posted a cool pic from Enter the Dragon but be aware that was NOT Bruce Lee performing that stunt. It was his Chinese stunt double, Yuen Wah

www.quora.com...

Otherwise agree with your premise.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Tarantino cast Mike Doh to play him in his new film.

Bruce's daughter Shannon has said that she doesn't like the way that Tarantino portrays her father in his new movie.

Link to news story.
edit on 31-7-2019 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

I haven't watched the it yet, I'll let you know what I think.

new topics

top topics

join