It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My absolutely unbelievable call to AOC's offices today - other-worldy strangeness

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Being that I stayed in a Holiday Inn last night while also owing to the fact that I drink and I know things I opted to contact the Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on Defense Chariman, Richard Shelby, and offer him my revised and complete defense budget overhaul incorporating a line by line breakdown of where each of the individual $700billion should be allocated.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'm at a Radisson tonite depleting their stock of house Merlot and writing snark online.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

AOC’s entire story has been planted as an anti-Trump illusion.
They got her sitting in a broom closet on Capitol Hill until they need her to Tweet something to the 4.9 million anti-Trump twits that follow her on Twitter.
It’s also possible that Nancy Pelosi uses her for her personal bartender.

Nah.
Pelosi uses AOC and her mother to clean toilets - that's AOC's self-admitted "expertise"....

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I frequently call members of Congress outside of my state to offer them unsolicited legislation proposals, it goes over quite well for me too.

Considering about 1/2 the people in NYC have a cell phone which doesn't have an area code from NYC, or people in LA have a cell phone with an area code from somewhere else, you really can't judge someone by where the area code is from anymore. That's only been a thing for - oh, 15+ years now.

I have friends who still have their college cell phone number but have lived in 8-9 different states and none of them were ever "ostracized" because of their area code.

Almost every post you make shows your conceitedness and how highly you think of yourself. You find youself so witty that you must crack yourself up, it must be amusing to live in your mind. Mad people are seldom bored I hear.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   

You need to talk to Saikat Chakrabarti, her Chief of Staff. He is the real policy idea person behind the Facade of AOC. You actually think a bartender would be able to come up with "her" supposed platform?

He is the one who created "Brand New Congress" and the "Justice Democrats". The JD's were the ones who selected AOC as their pet project. She won their casting call.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'm at a Radisson tonite depleting their stock of house Merlot and writing snark online.

I'm sitting on a toilet, no drinks and a hella blockage....

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Hella Blockage was the name of my band in college.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   

So long story short you got AOC herself on the phone?

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Likely it was AOC you werer speaking to...

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Well, AOC is not going to hire someone smarter than her to answer phones in her office. It would be a threat if the employee had an IQ higher than hers, having an IQ less than seventy is a job requirement.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Nothing personal, but if you phoned me with all that stuff, I would hang up on you.

Perhaps I should ring Boris Johnson today (I'm sure he won't be that busy) and give him the benefit of my wisdom about how to deal with Brexit. I am sure I will be put through to him straightaway. If not, I'm sure that a receptionist or whatever will listen patiently to me going on about it for a few hours and take copious notes and be really interested and pass it all on to Boris immediately.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
Considering about 1/2 the people in NYC have a cell phone which doesn't have an area code from NYC, or people in LA have a cell phone with an area code from somewhere else, you really can't judge someone by where the area code is from anymore. That's only been a thing for - oh, 15+ years now.

Who cares about your phone? If your address isn't in their constituency you're barking up the wrong tree. You do know we live in a 'representative republic', right?

Almost every post you make shows your conceitedness and how highly you think of yourself. You find youself so witty that you must crack yourself up, it must be amusing to live in your mind. Mad people are seldom bored I hear.

Thank you, that's good of you to notice. Now, excuse me, I have a Medicaid reform bill I need to submit to a random member of Congress from Texas.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   

You're not her constituent, that kind of matters. Do you think she should take phone calls from French Citizens as well? AOC is a particularly famous congresswoman at the moment as well, I'm sure she get's many phone calls from all over the country, this really says nothing. Have you tried calling other members of congress in say Alaska, Texas or California?

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Have you got AOC's number? I'm from the UK and I would like to call her up and put her straight about a few things. I'm sure that she will drop everything to hear me out.

I might call Trump as well while I'm at it as I have a few bones to pick with him, too.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I'm pretty amazed at so many replies that people think we as citizens are locked into the very district in which we currently reside. So did all of you say the same thing about Hillary Clinton when she decided to run for NY Senate, I mean she is from Arkansas then was a resident of DC for some time, so from your theory she should have never tried to run for Senate in NY. What about Ted Cruz, he's not from Texas but he represents them.

Now what if I was a black person, or a Muslim & my representative was neither of those and they have no desire to pursue issues related to helping blacks, or helping Muslims. But there is a representative in another district who is a black american who fights for issues that effects the black community, or in another district a Muslim representative that understands and is fighting for issues effecting Muslims.

Do you really think that just because an idea comes from outside of a district that a person represents, that it can't be a good idea, beneficial to their stated goals?

If someone in WV was talking about trying to re-invigorate the coal industry and someone from Texas (let's say Texas A&M University) has come up with a revolutionary means of coal extraction & processing to both liquid fuels or much cleaner burning at power plants. Are you saying that the rep from WV should completely ignore this person when they contact a WV representative? Maybe they already tried to bring this information to their rep in Texas, but being an oil state, there was ZERO interest in the new technology.

There are so many people here who have such set pre-conceived notions, and I'm guessing Augustus is a silver spoon boomer who is so used to getting his way in his world he can't imagine anyone ever doing anything outside of "his" normal - and anyone who opposes the strict status quo deserves mockery and is the enemy. It's people like him who will be burned, buried & forgotten by history because they are stuck thinking in such a regulated box of corruption and dysfunction that has so "greatly" benefited them for decades. ""We went to the moon, god dam it, We've spent, squandered and embezzled more unearned money than your generations could even imagine! We started more wars and killed more evil doers and helpless citizens than any generation in history! We aren't like your puzzy generation that worries about "collateral damage" Now where's my scotch, it's 9am and I haven't had my morning scotch yet. Now get out of my district you commie! You owe us. God dam it, we're boomers and we walked on the moon,""
edit on 7 24 2019 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

So did all of you say the same thing about Hillary Clinton when she decided to run for NY Senate, I mean she is from Arkansas then was a resident of DC for some time, so from your theory she should have never tried to run for Senate in NY.

She moved there, it's their problem they voted for her.

What about Ted Cruz, he's not from Texas but he represents them.

He moved there, it's their problem they voted for him.

You dont live in Queens so when you come up with some half-assed plan you need to call the representative in your district and pitch your woo to them.

...and I'm guessing Augustus is a silver spoon boomer...

Sorry to burst you bubble, buckaroo, I grew up in the 80's.

edit on 24-7-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I thought I'd take a gamble and give her offices a call just for fun and to offer her a workable plan to greatly reduce prescription drug costs in the US - it's an issue I've been working on for over 2 years, probably 3 actually, and it is MORE than manageable without asking for any spending increases other than standard yearly increases in budgets.

So, have you done a thread on this yet?

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor
You're not her constituent, that kind of matters. Do you think she should take phone calls from French Citizens as well?

Well, you might have a point, except for the entire part about how long it took to even get that one person on the phone? Or how incompetent that person was - so incompetent the caller thought it was possible, even likely, they were talking to an AI bot?

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Well, you might have a point, except for the entire part about how long it took to even get that one person on the phone? Or how incompetent that person was - so incompetent the caller thought it was possible, even likely, they were talking to an AI bot?

Maybe the person answering the phone thought they were talking to a bot or some overseas salesperson.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Soooooo... Do like one of the first replies.

Zip all of your work up into a single archive, stick it on a file share service, and tweet a link straight to her account as well as any other reps that might be interested.

Hell, tweet it to the President and the Congress woman.

Hashtag ATS while you're at it as a shout out to your fellow deniers of ignorance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join