It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We should give Progressives EVERYTHING they want.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

What about up to, but not exceeding 52 weeks of paid time off for medical leave per year.

(ps. I'm getting a kick out of this thread

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: MRinder
a reply to: AnrkE

Now that is some fine thinking. Thanks for your assistance. We are going to make Progressives so happy they are going to gag on it.

You know what else will make them sooo happy?

Everyone will be required to throw away their current cars and get electric cars.
Registration will go up for that of course, to $6000 a year for a sticker.

Oh that will make them delirious with excitement. And just think of the jobs that will be created making those cars and the even more jobs that will be created once we blow out the whole freaking electrical grid trying to charge them. $6000/sticker will seem cheap compared to the electric bill.

Do you think we should have a RIGHT to a car or should we just get another zero interest loan? Mo' money Mo' money Mo' money! We can't lose!
edit on 23-7-2019 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

What about up to, but not exceeding 52 weeks of paid time off for medical leave per year.

(ps. I'm getting a kick out of this thread

Another great idea. You are taking to Progressiveness like a duck to water. I must agree that exceeding 52 weeks may be a bit aggressive, but 52 weekz just feelz right.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Whatever they call progressive is just teenage thinking by people with no life experience.
What they call bigots or Nazis or racist, is just people telling it as it is, backed by life experience.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Come on, we need more peoples input. How do you expect Progressivism to work without GroupThink! It takes a village. We can't build ANYTHING on our own. We need the whole community.

Don't make me drag you kicking and screaming into Utopia, but I will IF I have to.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I hope this happens quickly 'cause got I three more semesters to go at Billy Bob's Squirrel Hunting University.

That would save me a bundle.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I would LOVE to give the Progressives what they want..... somewhere else.

Where the hell are the SANE people supposed to go? The US is the last place on earth left.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ABNARTY

I hope this happens quickly 'cause got I three more semesters to go at Billy Bob's Squirrel Hunting University.

That would save me a bundle.

Yeah, I hear that Billy Bob's Squirrel Hunting University costs more than Yale. I also hear they have a Skull and Bones chapter their, but alas its just squirrel Skulls and Bones.

I almost forgot an important one. We are going to pay off everyone's college debt, and if that's good maybe we should should be more fair and pay off every debt of everyone.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

No, I'm in no way agreeing to this. I'll give them my middle finger, a view of my ass, and a boot to the side of the head and that'll be the end of that nonsense.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

No, I'm in no way agreeing to this. I'll give them my middle finger, a view of my ass, and a boot to the side of the head and that'll be the end of that nonsense.

Burdman you gotta look on the bright side.. No more endless whining, complaining, and protesting. We will just make everything perfectly fair. If the 2nd Einstein is born we will club him in the head until he's as dumb as crackwhore on a street corner. If someone is born extremely athletic we will break their legs.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Why is it the right wing Retardicans always speaking in absolutes. We either have total laissez faire capitalism or we have communism. There is no in between.

Why can't we have an economy based on free-markets where we have public policies design to moderate wealth inequality. Why is it we have to have laissez faire capitalism or bust. The problem is we do NOT have free markets. The billionaires pay the lobbyists to force the politicians to pass laws creating cartels and monopolies in exchange for campaign financing. The whole system is RIGGED and you know it!!!

It seems to me government has a role in preventing the billionaires and corporations from gaming the system. Just look at these numbers:

The problem of wealth inequality is so far worse than most people can imagine.

Take the Walton family for example. "Walmart heirs now have a combined wealth of $163.2 billion" Walmart has about $10 billion per year in profit. I read somewhere Walmart could provide healthcare for their employees for about $4 billion per year. Instead, Walmart pays poverty wages so Walmart workers must be subsidized by the government for their employee's healthcare. I think the real question is can't the Walton children pay their fair share and pay for healthcare for their workers instead of you and I though the government? How much money can one family spend in multiple lifetimes??? Is it too much to ask without being labeled a god damn communist that Walmart provide descent healthcare for their workers???????? Hell, Walmart will probably reinvent healthcare to be the most cost effective system ever if they were required to do something about it.

Hey look Retardicans. It's alright. I get it. Government is poo poo. The government just can't do anything about anything in this country other than bomb Arabs for Israel. It's alright though. And here's why. As more and more wealth gets concentrated into fewer and fewer hands the dollar becomes worth less. At some point the dollar will crash and become worthless.

Marx always said laissez faire capitalism is always following by communism. This is because unfettered greed would result in the government's currency collapsing to nothing in value. Once the government's currency collapses to nothing in value the people in the breadlines will DEMAND more government not less. Communism is coming!!! See you in the breadlines my comrades!!!

edit on 23-7-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Burdman you gotta look on the bright side.. No more endless whining, complaining, and protesting.

Maybe I like the whining and complaining and the protesting is self correcting once rush hour hits, so...

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Why is it the right wing Retardicans always speaking in absolutes. We either have total laissez faire capitalism or we have communism. There is no in between.

Why can't we have an economy based on free-markets where we have public policies design to moderate wealth inequality. Why is it we have to have laissez faire capitalism or bust. The problem is we do NOT have free markets. The billionaires pay the lobbyists to force the politicians to pass laws creating cartels and monopolies in exchange for campaign financing. The whole system is RIGGED an you know it!!!

It seems to me government has a role in preventing the billionaires and corporations from gaming the system. Just look at these numbers:

The problem of wealth inequality is so far worse than most people can imagine.

Take the Walton family for example. "Walmart heirs now have a combined wealth of $163.2 billion" Walmart has about $10 billion per year in profit. I read somewhere Walmart could provide healthcare for their employees for about $4 billion per year. Instead, Walmart pays poverty wages so Walmart workers must be subsidized by the government for their employee's healthcare. I think the real question is can't the Walton children pay their fair share and pay for healthcare for their workers instead of you and I though the government? How much money can one family spend in multiple lifetimes??? Is it too much to ask without being labeled a god damn communist that Walmart provide descent healthcare for their workers???????? Hell, Walmart will probably reinvent healthcare to be the most cost effective system ever if they were required to do something about it.

Hey look Retardicans. It's alright. I get it. Government is poo poo. The government just can't do anything about anything in this country other than bomb Arabs for Israel. It's alright though. And here's why. As more and more wealth gets concentrated into fewer and fewer hands the dollar becomes worth less. At some point the dollar will crash and become worthless.

Marx always said laissez faire capitalism is always following by communism. This is because unfettered greed would result in the government's currency collapsing to nothing in value. Once the government's currency collapses to nothing in value the people in the breadlines will DEMAND more government not less. Communism is coming!!! See you in the breadlines my comrades!!!

Now, now don't blow a blood vessel. I never said a word about communism. People can still have a business, they just aren't allowed to be rich as they can't pay themselves more than the lowest paid worker in their company, because everyone knows the lowest paid person always works the hardest and that wouldn't be fair. As far as profits go, they will just get taxed at 100% because somebody has to pay for all this #. It's called FAIRNESS!

ALSO, I am stunned that you just realized on your own that everything free for everyone means COMMUNISM. Maybe there is hope for you after all

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I have no idea what you are talking about. I'm pretty sure "Walmart heirs now have a combined wealth of $163.2 billion" is probably more than enough money to spend in one lifetime for any of the heirs.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I have no idea what you are talking about. I'm pretty sure "Walmart heirs now have a combined wealth of $163.2 billion" is probably more than enough money to spend in one lifetime for any of the heirs.

I would think $163.2 Billion should cover any expenses that may arise for them or their heirs in all the generations going forward for the Walmart clan unless they do something really stupid. On this we can agree.

As far as them not paying health insurance for their employees, I assume they are just playing by the rules the government set. I have never really understood why employers should feel a need to pay for health insurance other than its a perk to entice people to work for them. Other than that they have little to gain by you being healthy or not since everyone is replaceable. Plus, look on the bright side. By their employees being eligible for medicaid and probably welfare too for that matter they are doing them a favor. You can't have better insurance than medicaid. It pays for everything 100%. Best insurance plan in the world. Plus they probably qualify for food stamps, free housing (no more worries about making that house payment), reduced cell phone and cable bills. Walmart is doing them a favor from where i stand.

My wife and I pay for health insurance every month and it barely covers a thing. It's like we are paying them for the honor of sending us letters telling us why they won't pay for anything. I am thinking maybe we should just grab some jobs at Walmart. The work sucks, the pay sucks, but thanks to the government the benefits are awesome.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The progressive utopia should definitely do away with jail sentences and expunge all the records. Just one verse of the following song, check out the rest sometime. This should be the progressive left's theme song IMO.

In the Big Rock Candy Mountains,
The jails are made of tin
And you can walk right out again, as soon as you are in.
There ain't no short-handled shovels, No axes, saws or picks.
I'm a goin' stay where you sleep all day,
Where they hung the jerk that invented work
In the Big Rock Candy Mountains

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
Whatever they call progressive is just teenage thinking by people with no life experience.
What they call bigots or Nazis or racist, is just people telling it as it is, backed by life experience.
Factual post right there.
Undisputable

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Wealth is not income...

They'd have to sell their shares of Wal-Mart to realize that money. Yes, they are god like rich... so what? They are heirs to a company created by their father that grew into one of the largest companies in the world.

I know you are trying to make a point, but I fail to see it.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Pick two or three sh!thole states like Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Nebraska, and create a reservation on them, Ship all the malcontents who won't get with the program off the flyover ghetto. Who cares what they do there? No one wants to live there anyhow.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

The problem is even when they have everything they want, after they run society into the ground; they will still find a way to blame conservatives.

We have test cases all over the country.... Chicago, Baltimore, San Fran, Seattle, Portland, etc. We see what happens when they run things. Even though there isn't a Republican running so much as a Lemonade stand within 100 miles of those cities, they somehow blame us for homelessness, budget deficits, crime, violence, deteriorating infrastructure, failing schools, etc.
edit on 23-7-2019 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join