It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Jonson Elected as New Prime Minister of The UK.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Hehehehehehehehehehe.

This pleases me.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

im glad we finally have someone with the backbone to finally implement the peoples vote of 2016 its nice to have a pm interested in democracy

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: jd0Fengland
I'm glad we finally have someone with the backbone to finally implement the peoples vote of 2016 its nice to have a pm interested in democracy

But is he interested in democracy or just himself?
I'm a Brexit supporter but find Boris a complete buffoon and he even voted for Theresa May's deal (on her third attempt) which he described as being a vassalage state to the EU! If he really believed in democracy, why would he vote for such a bad deal!?!

Obviously I want him to implement a proper Brexit but I do have my concerns about him and the rest of them in Westminster!

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: uncommitted

I see you have taken a bit of offence, don't worry we all do, I was being humorous and hearkening back to that Tory prat whom called a police officer a pleb then got away with it because - you know - power, money and contacts in high places.

As far as the Tory's are concerned most of us are Rabble and they DO see even many of there own party - not the Tory's born into that wealth but the lesser Conservatives as rabble as well, they may not show it in public but they often have only the greatest disdain for the general population except and in so far as it is necessary to cater in order to keep there position's, if some of them had there way they would even strip the vote from the working class entirely and don't be bamboozled by them they are still the party of the workhouse.

Why would I take offence? I was questioning you calling the Tory party voters the plebiscite (which you keep incorrectly referring to as the rabble) when as they were in a position to vote on the leader and none members weren't, then it's the non members if anyone who would be the plebs in this instance.

It's about the logic of what you said being incorrect, why you think I would take offence is beyond me. As to the 'tory prat' linguistically and historically what he said was correct, and I'm sure the police get called a lot worse, but we live in a victim and blame culture don't we?

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: jd0Fengland

I'm passionately in favour of Brexit.
I believe that No Deal should have been an integral part of our negotiating strategy and at present it is the most preferred option available.

But I think Boris Johnson is an absolute buffoon whose primary, if not sole, concern is the promotion and glorification of Boris Johnson.
He is as removed from the realities of everyday life for ordinary British people as can possibly be and doesn't care one single iota about our cares, concerns and interests.

He may deliver Brexit, but post-Brexit I suspect he'll vigorously continue the drive to drag this country back into something akin to a Victorian like society.
And I also believe that there's a very good chance he will be the catalyst for the break up of this great Union of ours.

I really wish Ruth Davidson had felt obliged to stand for the leadership position.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Where's the IRA when you need them?

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: surfer_soul
a reply to: scraedtosleep

....Democracy is far from the best system of governance. The two party system is deliberately set up that way to force us all on one side or the other and thus divided and conquered.

Name something better please.

A Demarchy which is similar to how a jury works in a court of law.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Which one, though?

The IRA
The Real IRA
Continuity IRA
or
I can't believe it's not the IRA?

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Ohhh god...look who he just appointed to be his advisor

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Larry gets my vote:

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Who?

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Dominic Cummings....I think.

A man David Cameron described as a 'career psychopath'!

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Dominic Cummings....I think.

A man David Cameron described as a 'career psychopath'!

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
Hehehehehehehehehehe.

This pleases me.

Same here.
I actually don't think Boris should be PM, but seeing all the leftists so upset about it makes me think he is just the man for job after all.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

This guy:

order-order.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Ohhh god...look who he just appointed to be his advisor

Hahahaha!... great appointment.
This guy literally sends globalists and leftists into fits of rage.
Same guy who stuck his fingers up to MPs 'investigating' fake news - which was actually an investigation of 'news we don't like and haven't approved as the fake news we do like'.

Excellent development.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Who?

Dominic Cummings....the same guy who found contempt of parliament over Brexit and who Channel four made that TV program with Benedict Cumberbatch playing him. He's like the Rodger Stone of UK Politics.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Aaaaand ... she's off !

Yeah you reformed public services alright , reformed them to breaking point !

Bye Bye Theresa , thanks for the wasted 3 years.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

This is fantastic news. Proving, once again, that left wing politics all around the world are becoming a dying ideology. Hopefully he'll get Brexit finished.

MUKGA!

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Sounds like the same BS everyone tried to say about Trump. Glad the UK grew some balls.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join