It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Jonson Elected as New Prime Minister of The UK.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I've never lived a day where the UK didn't completely hate their prime Minister. This a non story and I hope it works regardless of UK members negativity

HAHA! thats probably true

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

I've never lived a day where the UK didn't completely hate their prime Minister. This a non story and I hope it works regardless of UK members negativity

Logically that doesn't make any sense or no PM would have ever been re-elected? You mean you haven't lived a day when a lot of people have been the vocal minority complaining about their lot in life and how it's someone else's fault? Fairly sure every country has that regardless of the person at the top of the political food chain.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TheShippingForecast

I have been binning that electoral registration for a long time, the council even sent a guy round asking why I hadn’t filled it out, when I explained I didn’t vote because they were all corrupt at worst and incompetent at best an example being that they had to send him round instead of just looking at their council tax records and registering me automatically, he got all defensive and scuffled off.

“Think tanks”decide the policy and direction of the the U.K. long before any politicians are given the memo.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: BuckyWunderlick

All too true, you know Boris knew his audience all too well and played the oldest trick in the book.
His audience were the Tory party members - AND he played them as if they were poor Plebian's (Plebs - Roman common citizens - rabble and like self insulting moron's they voted him into power).

Remember the old roman patricians running for senate and needing the vote of the people of Rome and how they would throw a few denarii to the crowd only to then raise taxes once they were in office.

That's Borris to a T, his Denarii were the tax cut's and tax threshold rises he offered the Tory party members, to pay for them he will have to raise tax elsewhere and if he cut's VAT (more denarii to the crowd but perhaps he thinks the short term economic boost it will provide will smooth Brexit if we come out with a no deal - it won't and will cost in the long run) then that is just another coin's at the crowd before he starves them (unless he is able to stave off the economic disaster he sows for the next government to be lumbered with) when he is in power trick.

You mean like the £350 million a week to the NHS he said would happen? Was that also just to the tory party members? You don't think the people who believed that were the plebians - doesn't mean rabble by the way, it meant one who was of common stock. As the tory members got a vote, they wouldn't in this case be accurately referred to as plebians.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Get ready for brexit and the worst economy the uk has had in a long time.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Brexit won’t happen, I said it wouldn’t long before March and I’m as right now as I was then.

Some other news for you, politicians don’t serve the interests of the public they just pretend they do. Democracy is far from the best system of governance. The two party system is deliberately set up that way to force us all on one side or the other and thus divided and conquered.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

He looks remarkably... uh... remarkably British. Yep, from this side of the Atlantic, I can easily say when I see the man I think "Yep, there's an Englishman if I ever saw one." SO good job representing!

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6
Since the superficial view claims that the two are similar, how would you define the difference between the Britishness of Johnson and the American-ness of Trump?

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Since the superficial view claims that the two are similar, how would you define the difference between the Britishness of Johnson and the American-ness of Trump?

I wouldn't say that Trump "looks" any more American than anyone else. Trump's Americaness stems from his attitude, his positions, and his words, not necessarily his appearance...

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

I see you have taken a bit of offence, don't worry we all do, I was being humorous and hearkening back to that Tory prat whom called a police officer a pleb then got away with it because - you know - power, money and contacts in high places.

As far as the Tory's are concerned most of us are Rabble and they DO see even many of there own party - not the Tory's born into that wealth but the lesser Conservatives as rabble as well, they may not show it in public but they often have only the greatest disdain for the general population except and in so far as it is necessary to cater in order to keep there position's, if some of them had there way they would even strip the vote from the working class entirely and don't be bamboozled by them they are still the party of the workhouse.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

....Democracy is far from the best system of governance. The two party system is deliberately set up that way to force us all on one side or the other and thus divided and conquered.

Name something better please.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

....Democracy is far from the best system of governance. The two party system is deliberately set up that way to force us all on one side or the other and thus divided and conquered.

Single transferable vote.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: Tempter

Single transferable vote.

I'm not sure I see anything significantly wrong enough with the present American voting system to warrant complicating it severely by adopting STV or any other voting system, frankly. The US needs a uniform method of vote casting a tallying, granted, but the democratic system itself isn't problematic to anyone other than those who are dissatisfied with the outcomes of elections and, frankly, those folks will clearly only be placated until the next time they're unhappy with an election's outcome and then they'll start searching for the next way to game the system.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Sore this being a thread on uk politics I was thinking about the uk voting system
edit on 23-7-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Sore this being a thread on uk politics I was thinking about the uk voting system

Understood, just consider it an anecdotal endorsement of the Democratic Representational Republic voting system.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I'm only in this thread to be the bigger man and serve as a role model for UK members in the future as they opine on my country's president. The UK has chosen a leader and I will not mock the man, I won't make fun of him, I won't hate upon him for no reason, I will salute his accomplishment, I will congratulate the UK of a seemingly solid choice in a leader, and I will wish you all the best of luck and directly wish him success in seeing his vision for the UK come to fruition for the benefit and betterment of our ally, the United Kingdom.

edit on 23-7-2019 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
I'm only in this thread to be the bigger man and serve as a role model for UK members in the future as they opine on my country's president. The UK has chosen a leader and I will not mock the man, I won't make fun of him, I won't hate upon him for no reason, I will salute his accomplishment, I will congratulate the UK of a seemingly solid choice in a leader, and I will wish you all the best of luck and directly wish him success in seeing his vision for the UK come to fruition for the benefit and betterment of our ally, the United Kingdom.

Maybe spend just a little time fact checking before making your opinion of being the bigger man, no one in the UK has voted for Boris to be PM other than tory members which total about 160,000, feel free to mock him, its not hard and I wont care, i wont blindly defend him like some do Trump, I wont spend my life arguing with others if they think he is a fool, is it important to Americans that us Brits say Trump is great?

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
= is it important to Americans that us Brits say Trump is great?

Actually, the UK's opinion of the US leader means jack squat to me either way, I was just trying to be courteous. Love him, hate him, it matters as much to me as the daily musings of a cockroach matter to an Eagle.

Obviously the votes of the UK people somehow lead to Johnson becoming PM. It may have been in a roundabout way, but mirrors exist in Democracies to help the dissatisfied find who to point fingers at for electoral outcomes.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I was listening to the radio on the way home and they talked of Boris and Brexit. One person brought up the point of before Brexit we need to see how he handles Iran. Good point.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

Maybe spend just a little time fact checking before making your opinion of being the bigger man, no one in the UK has voted for Boris to be PM other than tory members which total about 160,000, feel free to mock him, its not hard and I wont care, i wont blindly defend him like some do Trump, I wont spend my life arguing with others if they think he is a fool, is it important to Americans that us Brits say Trump is great?

The people vote for a representative (M.P.) or a party of their choice.

The party and not the public choose their leader who becomes (P.M.)

The P.M us never the choice of the people!!!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join