It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Jonson Elected as New Prime Minister of The UK.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Debunkology

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Here he is actually with some of his buddies from uni, just your average, UK Lads out for a bit of fun in 1980’s britian….

Included amongst Boris’s uni chums include, (1) George Osborne, former Chancellor; (2) writer Harry Mount, the heir to the Baronetcy of Wasing (3) Chris Coleridge, the descendant of Samuel Taylor Coleridge, the son of Lloyds’ chairman David Coleridge, the brother of Conde Nast managing director Nicholas Coleridge (4) German aristocrat and managing consultant Baron Lupus von Maltzahn, (5) the late Mark Petre, the heir to the Barony of Petre; (6) Australian millionaire Peter Holmes a Cour;(7) Nat Rothschild, the heir to the Barons Rothschilds and co-founder of a racy student paper with Harry Mount (8) Jason Gissing, the chairman of Ocado supermarkets.

Since that photo has 9 numbers that do not correspond with the 8 names you chosen as Boris Johnson's chums.

The names in the photo are:
1.) Sebastian Grigg: massively influencial banker
2.) David Cameron: Former British Prime-Minister
3.) Ralph Perry-Robinson: Designer/Architect
4.) Ewen Ferguson: Lawyer
5.) Mathew Benson: Banker and Property investor.
Guy Not Numbered: No one knows who he is:
6) Sebastian James: Boss Of Pharmacy Boots
7) Jonathan Ford: Former Banker and Financial Journalist
8.) Boris Johnson: Former London Mayor, Current British Prime-Minister
9.) Harry Eastwood: TV producer

The guy not numbered is Harry Paget Flashman

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

a reply to: gortex

What is this kindergarden bullying ...
Person that are in from of a camera 24/7 will always have pictures like that..
I bet even you do.. with the few times you been in the spotlight

It’s why the Brits always get horrible politicians: the soft-spoken, the skilled, the accomplished and humble don’t want to put themselves up for public ridicule, especially from jaded Brits who think they know what they want.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: BuckyWunderlick

All too true, you know Boris knew his audience all too well and played the oldest trick in the book.
His audience were the Tory party members - AND he played them as if they were poor Plebian's (Plebs - Roman common citizens - rabble and like self insulting moron's they voted him into power).

Remember the old roman patricians running for senate and needing the vote of the people of Rome and how they would throw a few denarii to the crowd only to then raise taxes once they were in office.

That's Borris to a T, his Denarii were the tax cut's and tax threshold rises he offered the Tory party members, to pay for them he will have to raise tax elsewhere and if he cut's VAT (more denarii to the crowd but perhaps he thinks the short term economic boost it will provide will smooth Brexit if we come out with a no deal - it won't and will cost in the long run) then that is just another coin's at the crowd before he starves them (unless he is able to stave off the economic disaster he sows for the next government to be lumbered with) when he is in power trick.

edit on 23-7-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Yes, but Flashman was more likeable than BJ (read all the books).

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   
How long was the post about Cameron getting oral from a dead pig? After that isn’t anyone better?

It’s ok every country has had a leader who received oral pleasure from a pig

But

At least Clinton’s was alive....

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Without getting into my own personal views on Brexit, which am sure you know by now, I think this could have the potential to make Brexit harder.

Because he is a hardline Brexiteer the remain camp in the Conservative party are going to do everything they can to prevent him leading the country out of the EU with a no-deal, make of that what you will but the reality is that his premiership could push the remainer MPs further. They are already talking about a vote of no confidence in him and he's not even had his first day on the job yet.

Its probably to early to say but he has a lot of MPs in his own party who are not going to support a no-deal and there are lots of mechanisms within parliament in place to prevent it.

Like I said I think the mess is just going to continue.

Because he is a hardline Brexiteer

Or not, as the case may be. It's a known fact that he was undecided on whether he was leave or remain, wrote to contradictory newspaper columns in draft, each supporting one view or another and then chose Brexit - let's face it, to represent himself as an alternative to Cameron for those that were Brexit favouring.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Debunkology

Opps must have been a error on my part, apologies. I actually used a different picture when writing it then noticed a error in that one that dint't actually have Joneston in it so I changed it.

I think the message behind it of showing Boris with his rich palls still remains true and the ones I mentioned where in the club around the same time as him but I am human and will hold my hands up to the mistake.

I was writing this while doing other stuff so not paying to much attention it was supposed to be a bit of a tongue in cheek look at our new pm.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

I strongly believe that he never really expected a winning vote for Brexit.

Have a laugh here:

www.bbc.co.uk...

BORIS: I’m puce with rage. What an outrage…this vote was rotten I tell you, a flagrant stitch up worse than the Battle of Thermopylae where Leonidas and his Spartans were routed by the Greeks. We were robbed. I tell you -- DIMBLEBY: But Boris, you’ve won. BORIS: We’ve what!? DIMBLEBY: You won. Leave won. BORIS (BARELY ABLE TO BELIEVE IT): We won…me, Gove, IDS, that bug eyed loon Farage with his ‘Breaking Point’ posters. Seriously? We won! DIMBLEBY: The public wanted to give the elite a kicking, so they voted with you guys. BORIS: They wanted to give the elite a kicking so they voted for me!? That’s like being angry at bees so you stick your head in a wasps nest. Are they totally insane? DIMBLEBY: Boris it’s almost as if you didn’t want to win? BORIS: Of course I didn’t want to win! Everyone loves Boris when I don’t actually do anything. Just bumble about, get caught on zip wires and generally play the silly buffoon.. But as my time as London mayor showed, me running things and doing actual real politics is like putting a blancmange in a wind tunnel. Messy.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Is the rise of Boris Johnson to be the next prime minister the product of a soft coup? Does Donald Trump’s racist demonisation of four non-white congress members prove him to be a “fascist” leader like Mussolini and Hitler? The two questions should be answered together because political developments in Britain tend to emulate those in the US, and vice versa, though the latter is less frequent. The Thatcher-Reagan years in the 1980s were an example of this cross-infection and it happened again in 2016, when the British electorate voted narrowly for Brexit and American voters (though not a majority of them) chose Trump as president.

I used to be wary of alarmist talk of “soft coups” and analogies with the rise of demagogic populist nationalist leaders in Europe in the 1920s and 1930s. But the parallels and similarities between then and now are becoming more menacing by the day. Observers who forecast that Trump and Johnson would face too many political obstacles to gain power got something very wrong.

Democratic choice will have played only a limited role in the selection of Johnson as prime minister, if that goes through as predicted. He will have been chosen by 160,000 Conservative Party members – a highly unrepresentative group – of whom, as others have pointed out, more than half are aged over 55 and 38 per cent are over 66 years of age. Johnson will head a minority government elected under a different Conservative leader, Theresa May, and will depend on the votes of a Protestant party that is the product of the sectarian politics of Northern Ireland.

[...]

Why Boris Johnson is Even More Dangerous Than Trump

Congrats to your unrepresentative bunch of old farts, I guess? Man. You guys should join the EU and mock their constituents with some backroom deals, he could be our new Zensursula as well!

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Reports that Sajid Javid has been appointed chancellor , hope he's better at counting than being Home Secretary.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
"Every nation gets the government it deserves."

Joseph de Maistre

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

I strongly believe that he never really expected a winning vote for Brexit.

Have a laugh here:

www.bbc.co.uk...

BORIS: I’m puce with rage. What an outrage…this vote was rotten I tell you, a flagrant stitch up worse than the Battle of Thermopylae where Leonidas and his Spartans were routed by the Greeks. We were robbed. I tell you -- DIMBLEBY: But Boris, you’ve won. BORIS: We’ve what!? DIMBLEBY: You won. Leave won. BORIS (BARELY ABLE TO BELIEVE IT): We won…me, Gove, IDS, that bug eyed loon Farage with his ‘Breaking Point’ posters. Seriously? We won! DIMBLEBY: The public wanted to give the elite a kicking, so they voted with you guys. BORIS: They wanted to give the elite a kicking so they voted for me!? That’s like being angry at bees so you stick your head in a wasps nest. Are they totally insane? DIMBLEBY: Boris it’s almost as if you didn’t want to win? BORIS: Of course I didn’t want to win! Everyone loves Boris when I don’t actually do anything. Just bumble about, get caught on zip wires and generally play the silly buffoon.. But as my time as London mayor showed, me running things and doing actual real politics is like putting a blancmange in a wind tunnel. Messy.

Yep, and with the magic NHS bus he helped to architect it. Wonderful.....

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

I'm sorry...I have to laugh. Dont have time to go through your thread..maybe you can sum it up for me...how exactly is the prime minister chosen in UK ?

In this case,the members of the conservative party(no one else)all vote for him or Jeremy.
He was elected by members of his own party.
The rest of us plebs don't get a chance to vote.

I knew I should have bought those shares in cyanide capsules..

Neither did you get a chance to vote for Gordon Brown to take over as PM from Tony Blair, or choose the leader of the Liberal Democrats - assuming you aren't a paid member of either of those parties.

Why is it different when it's the conservative party in peoples eyes? There really isn't any difference.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Didn't Milliband bring in that thing where if you paid £4 or something you could vote for labour leader? We got Corbyn. George Osbourne is rumoured to have voted for him twice.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Anything has got to be better than May!

She's like Obama ver. 2.0.

Not sure where you make the correlation, she did get dumped with a whole pile of cr@p that was almost impossible to sort out in a highly divided chamber which means winning was never going to be a straightforward option and has been replaced by a populist who will take credit for everything, not sure how you see the comparison.... but then again.....

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Didn't Milliband bring in that thing where if you paid £4 or something you could vote for labour leader? We got Corbyn. George Osbourne is rumoured to have voted for him twice.

Nah, wasn't Miliband, was the Labour NEC (at that point influenced by Momentum) who made that calculated decision, and also removed the caveat that you had to have been a member for a set period before you could vote.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I received the annual electoral registration forms this morning. I normally just tick them off and return them in the post, that way I can continue to vote in elections.

This time I tore it in half and binned it. With any luck I’ll come off the electoral register and I’ll be unable to vote at any future elections.

Boris is a total gobsh*te, Corbyn a Jew hater and where I live (central Scotland) the local politics have gone Belfast lite, with people now voting in accordance with their religious traditions.

Sod this, I don’t recognise politics in this country anymore.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I've never lived a day where the UK didn't completely hate their prime Minister. This a non story and I hope it works regardless of UK members negativity
edit on 23-7-2019 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diaspar

Make Angleland Great Again.

I prefer MEGA

Make England Great Again.

You can jog on with that one, we've been dragged into this as the UK, not 4 independent nations...

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: Diaspar

Make Angleland Great Again.

I prefer MEGA

Make England Great Again.

You can jog on with that one, we've been dragged into this as the UK, not 4 independent nations...

1. It was tongue-in-cheek (notice the wink?)
2. If the Scots have their way it'll eventually be "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, minus Scotland"

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join