It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Jonson Elected as New Prime Minister of The UK.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The size of Johnson's majority over Hunt should give Tory remainer MPs something to think about as the Tory membership obviously favour a No Deal Brexit over more delay , those Tory MPs who wish to keep their jobs will have to consider that.

I wish some Labour MP's would take heed as well.

As things stand Labour would be annihilated in The North and Midlands if a General Election were to be held tomorrow.
Numerous constituencies voted to leave yet their MP's are backing Remain....much to the ire of the electorate.

The point is; we need a strong opposition more than ever now and it simply isn't going to happen as things stand at present.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

A typical example of the casual disdain Johnson has for taxpayers and the electorate.

He will be genuinely incapable of understanding why the like of you and I would find something like that offensive or inappropriate.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   
All the way, with BJ.....

But what a revelation.......Boris is a YANK!!! Born in the USA.

Holy Smack right there.

So the Yanks Finally get their payback from that tea party and skirmish in the old days.........Well I never.

Its like "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court" all over again, or even worse, that rubbish movie with Roseanne's husband in it.

Gods Speed England......from your buddies down under.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Warranted, we also need a very strong military if we are to become truly an independent nation again, that is if we are ever to survive on the world stage again and hold our own.

Thing's would be so different had Cameron never gained power but everyone was so sick of Brown and Blair I suppose they were just desperate for change.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

We do need a strong Opposition to hold the Govt to account. Unfortunately, with Corbyn in charge with his Student Union politics and generally having all the leadership qualities of your average lemming, we simply don't have one.

As for BJ, I really have no clue as to what will happen on his watch but I suspect neither does he. Personally, can't stand him. I couldn't stand Hunt at the beginning but sort of warmed to him. Sort of.

I am expecting a gaffe-a-thon.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Come on though we have to laugh, the alternative is unthinkable.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Good, looks like the UK scored a FireBrand.

Good.

Y'all needed some teeth after the dismal Brexit negotiations and pitiful handling of the tankers from Iran, among a few other things.

Boris could be the best thing ever for the UK.

The OP doesn't have the mental fortitude to understand or see potential results that may be gained, we've seen this through interactions with it and their ill percieved views that never resulted in fruitition.

If the OP is against it, it means it's a good thing 😌

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I have never heard anyone describe BJ as a "FireBrand" and strongly suspect that I never will again!

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Come on though we have to laugh, the alternative is unthinkable.

Boris might be the best thing to ever come Britain's way since Thatcher..................... We really have to give him his chance

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

HAHa more like a soggy fat lettuce, I can't wait for the first argument between him and Corbyn, despite winning debating championship's most of Boris arguments have no real substance while Corbyn is useless at getting his point's across and slow to pick up on his opponents mistakes so it's going to be like an episode of celebrity eggheads were the audience all know the answers but the celebrity's are not that clued up and the eggheads get all the really stupid question's that no one can answer.
You know someone is going to make a film about it some day, a really bad comedy one.

edit on 23-7-2019 by LABTECH767 because: Sorry got my typing finger wrapped a stoking great plaster from a gardening mishap.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   

If this was any other country I'd be relishing the upcoming 'gaffe-a-thon', lol.....but it isn't, it's our country and I fear we are going to become even more of a laughing stock on the world stage than we are already due to the appalling ongoing Brexit saga.

I'm expecting a torrid time from our colonial cousins...but at least they haven't truly mastered the art of really biting and sarcastic taking the piss....yet.

edit on 23/7/19 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I have never heard anyone describe BJ as a "FireBrand"

More a " Fire Hazard " i would say.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I like Boris the person but not so sure about Boris the leader. He is highly intelligent but can be severely lacking in, shall we say, common sense at times. He also has the top trump (game not President!) ability of being able to go off half cocked - great on a panel show, not so great when said as leader of a P5 country.

Two asides though:

1. Europe - reports came out over the weekend that France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands and a couple of others i cannot remember have already had informal talks with Boris (so prior to him actually being confirmed as PM) about possible changes that could be made to our deal because they are quite simply terrified of him going "No deal" - which they now finally believe is a serious and distinct possibility. And, for the record, these leaks came from Europe rather than Brexiteers. I do not want No deal as i am pro EU but this seriously strnegthens our hand in negotiations.

2. (To Angelchemuel also) I actually think there is a strong possibility of a very early election as Boris's team sees an election victory with a larger majority against a Corbyn Labour. The fear from Boris's team is that Labour replace Corbyn before a G.E. - which does potentially mean that time is of the essence (given plummeting Corbyn support and moves within the Labour Party against him).

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

What is this kindergarden bullying

They're public figures who by actions and words put themselves up for public ridicule , it isn't bullying but even if it was I wouldn't worry about bullies getting bullied , they're both big enough and ugly enough to look after themselves.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Within 2 hours of being elected Tory Party Leader, Johnson " Morphs " into Benny Hill.

What's he drinking ?

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I'm only surprised that it apparently took as long as 2 hours!

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Ummm...Ha...ha...ha...ha...ha...ha...ha...ha...ha...

Moose and squirrel...

YouSir

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Here he is actually with some of his buddies from uni, just your average, UK Lads out for a bit of fun in 1980’s britian….

Included amongst Boris’s uni chums include, (1) George Osborne, former Chancellor; (2) writer Harry Mount, the heir to the Baronetcy of Wasing (3) Chris Coleridge, the descendant of Samuel Taylor Coleridge, the son of Lloyds’ chairman David Coleridge, the brother of Conde Nast managing director Nicholas Coleridge (4) German aristocrat and managing consultant Baron Lupus von Maltzahn, (5) the late Mark Petre, the heir to the Barony of Petre; (6) Australian millionaire Peter Holmes a Cour;(7) Nat Rothschild, the heir to the Barons Rothschilds and co-founder of a racy student paper with Harry Mount (8) Jason Gissing, the chairman of Ocado supermarkets.

Since that photo has 9 numbers that do not correspond with the 8 names you chosen as Boris Johnson's chums.

The names in the photo are:
1.) Sebastian Grigg: massively influencial banker
2.) David Cameron: Former British Prime-Minister
3.) Ralph Perry-Robinson: Designer/Architect
4.) Ewen Ferguson: Lawyer
5.) Mathew Benson: Banker and Property investor.
Guy Not Numbered: No one knows who he is:
6) Sebastian James: Boss Of Pharmacy Boots
7) Jonathan Ford: Former Banker and Financial Journalist
8.) Boris Johnson: Former London Mayor, Current British Prime-Minister
9.) Harry Eastwood: TV producer

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   
My sincerest condolences.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Debunkology

Actually he is only REALLY prime minister when he see's the queen and she accepts his oath of office and until that point she can refuse to accept him as her prime minister believe it or not, she will likely not do so though as he is one of the family after a fashion, a distant one via the Hanoverians.

Until then he is Ernie the fastest milkman in the west, thanks' for that benny hill comparison alldaylong, sadly he is not as talented as old Benny was.

edit on 23-7-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join