It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Jonson Elected as New Prime Minister of The UK.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Boris the Bold!
Give him chance, he might surprise you all.

If he gets a hard time trying to deliver BREXIT, expect him to call a GE which he will win because many Labour leave voters will vote for him and others will vote for the BREXIT party thus resulting in a Tory/BREXIT Party coalition! Then he gets the mandate! But will he execute the traitors!!!

I think that in a General Election the Conservative party would die, they already took a hit during the last election, at the Peterborough by-election they dropped 25% of the vote which went to the Breixt Party. I think if they were to call a GE they know that their support will be split between themselves and the Brexit Party which could possibly lead to a Labour win if Labour where to adopt a remain position.

A GE I think would be bad for the country over all.

I do agree he might surprise us all and I hope he does because I just want this mess to be over with.
Boris would win a GE because of the BREXIT leave vote albeit with a coalition partner. A few labour voters who want BREXIT have already told me they will vote for BORIS if he calls a GE. And others have said they would vote for NF. So go figure!

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   
So Bj is the best you have?
Is Brexit still on ?

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Boris the Bold!
Give him chance, he might surprise you all.

If he gets a hard time trying to deliver BREXIT, expect him to call a GE which he will win because many Labour leave voters will vote for him and others will vote for the BREXIT party thus resulting in a Tory/BREXIT Party coalition! Then he gets the mandate! But will he execute the traitors!!!

I think that in a General Election the Conservative party would die, they already took a hit during the last election, at the Peterborough by-election they dropped 25% of the vote which went to the Breixt Party. I think if they were to call a GE they know that their support will be split between themselves and the Brexit Party which could possibly lead to a Labour win if Labour where to adopt a remain position.

A GE I think would be bad for the country over all.

I do agree he might surprise us all and I hope he does because I just want this mess to be over with.
Boris would win a GE because of the BREXIT leave vote albeit with a coalition partner. A few labour voters who want BREXIT have already told me they will vote for BORIS if he calls a GE. And others have said they would vote for NF. So go figure!

Not really the polls are pretty close but in general over the last few months when polled the numbers tend to show more support for remain then leave but this does not correlate to how people would vote along party lines. I think what is clear is that when we look at by-election results and other polling data that the two major parties would lose a significant share of the vote. I think either way we would see a minority government but I cannot see one that would be lead by a conservative government. BawJaws might be popular among the tories but not so much with the rest of the electorate.
edit on 23-7-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Is Brexit still on ?

Yes BawJaws is the best we have and Brexit is still on...maybe...kind of...yeah its still on but stay tuned as this may change

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Awww did Hillary lose again?

All kidding aside, congrats on your new PM.

Hope you finally get Breixt!

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Would Johnson be pm without brexit?

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Anything has got to be better than May!

She's like Obama ver. 2.0.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Would Johnson be pm without brexit?

Good question.

So he has been voted in very much as the PM to deliver Brexit if he was to fail in that by October 31st then it seems likely he might lose some support but would probably remain as PM.

If he manages to get through the next few years without losing any votes of confidence any major political upsets then he should be pm until 2022 regardless of what happens with Breixt. However so far Brexit has claimed two PMs now and its not hard to imagine that Boris could also suffer the same fate so time will tell.

If we had never voted for Brexit then I don't think that he would have become PM though.
edit on 23-7-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Anything has got to be better than May!

She's like Obama ver. 2.0.

She really wasn't but okay....

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Or Trudeau....
Ugh..

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Conservative Party Members think he is.

The majority of the voting population think not.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Thanks for the info

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Another Old Etonian, Bullingdon Club member and Oxbridge graduate whose life experiences, cares and concerns are as far removed from those of everyday, ordinary British people is the last thing this already fractured country needs at present.

He is totally incapable of displaying or feeling even the slightest bit of empathy for everyday folk.

His domestic policies will centre around even further increasing the gap between the have's and have not's and will be designed to further the agenda of the elites and take this nation back to something akin to Victorian times.

I couldn't even begin to second guess what his foreign policies will be but I suspect there may be more than just an element of spontaneous and off-the-cuff decision making involved.

I hope he delivers Brexit....but I suspect it won't be with a coherent and well thought out long term strategy in mind.

The man struggles to put a full and rational sentence together without mumbling or letting out some stupid sort of guffaw.

I fear more for this country now than I have done at any time in my fast approaching 54 years.
The only scenario I can imagine being worse than Boris Johnson being Prime Minister of this country is Jeremy Corbyn becoming PM.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Now we get to meet the misses and the kids?

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: angelchemuel

I doubt very much that he will be the shortest time served PM. George Canning, was the shortest-serving Prime Minister (April–August 1827). That's just 4 months.

Canning died in office. He wasn't kicked out, as i expect Johnson to be within a few months.

Thank you, I missed that part, appreciated
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Media reporting extra soundproofing being attached to the inner walls at the neighbours request

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   

It is very much indeed as if some scoundrels have turned back the clock on British democracy to the time of feudal lord's and robber baron's.

God help us all, this is indeed the end of the united kingdom and Boris will not unite anyone at all, his plan is to cut tax for the rich and pay for it from the poor, typical Bullingdon material as was Cameron.

You know the Bullingdon club is actually the modern name for the Hellfire club from which it originated, revisionist historian's mostly right wing try to excuse it's devilry by saying it was a pagan Society but in fact it was a Satanist society whom are said to have stooped even to human sacrifice on at least one occasion but were more commonly known for sacrificing goat's, rape and orgies as well as the rape sacrifice of virgin's - maybe not exactly killing them or did they?.

Much of the Hellfire club's true history is hidden since those whom were members were very much the elite, wealthy and powerful of British society and royalty - so descended from thieves, murderer's and rapist's since that is essentially what they were as well as liar's.

So is it really that much of a surprise that such a one would find his way into power over our nation EVEN without a democratic vote by the people of this country.

I had a dream in which I saw our nation as an aging aircraft carrier devoid of any planes on her deck, in the vast empty hanger deck below were a bunch of elderly people singing old song's from the past such as rule Britannia and I watched in horror as this ship (the country) in my dream split into two halves and then BOTH sank beneath the waves forever never to amount to anything ever again.

So Boris will lead to Scotland, possible Wales holding referendum's with or without Whitehall's consent and likely then declaring independence of there own accord since they really do not want this tory boy prat running them - and since Boris is going to ditch the backstop for NI that too will likely then result in new terrorist atrocity's over there.

Well Britain I loved you once, I hoped for much better for you and I suppose I have to go down with you now too.

Still I believe we can all agree on one thing, the EU is even more corrupt, if perhaps not as inept, than our own parliament but you know even though I did vote out the way that the Tory's have handled it has left me aghast at there utter incompetence, we should never have agreed to that divorce settlement because in fact it is the EU that owes us billions not us them, we were a founding member as well so you would expect them to show us some respect so despite my dislike of Johnson stuff them as well, they are now intent upon ruining our economy (make no mistake about there plan) in order to make an example of us and will do so if they can - so Boris really has nothing to negotiate with - the only thing I agree with him on is NO to that ridiculous divorce deal, we have been paying to build them up as our own country has been run down by them (Actually a genuine fact, they wanted to STANDARDISE living standard's, wages and costs throughout the EU so that wages here would have been the same as those in Romania), there was nothing wrong with the EEC but EU power mongers wanted so much more for THEMSELVES and most definitely not for us.

BUT God help us Cameron and the rest of the Tory's have left us in the worst position imaginable, stripped our armed forces, destroyed our welfare system and cut subsidies to our won company's in favour of gaining EU subsidies instead when in fact we ended up paying far more than we ever got back from them.

You know what, when we are out let's kick Boris back out as well, let's be fair he is really a Yank or is that a German since he is descended from the Hanoverian's now isn't he, look's like he enjoys his sausage a bit too much as well.
Mind you he is one of those school buy types with the old shirt and tie and all that I suppose so horses for courses and all that.

Sorry rambled a bit there - let's hope I am wrong and he turn's out to be a decent fellow, anything is possible it's all in God's hand's now - I suppose it always was we just don't see the bigger picture - any of the time.

edit on 23-7-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

I hope he delivers Brexit....but I suspect it won't be with a coherent and well thought out long term strategy in mind.

The man struggles to put a full and rational sentence together without mumbling or letting out some stupid sort of guffaw.

I fear more for this country now than I have done at any time in my fast approaching 54 years.
The only scenario I can imagine being worse than Boris Johnson being Prime Minister of this country is Jeremy Corbyn becoming PM.

Again we are in unison
But I do have an objection..... I read the other

day that he has already put in a heavy expense bill for new furniture for no. 10

because his soon to be ex. wife is keeping theirs.

When I got divorced the furniture was divided.

He surely earns enough to buy his own? Anyway surely no. 10 comes fully

furnished?

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Or a coalition! Then the mandate needed!

Problem with that is the Brexit party doesn't have any MPs and to get the MPs there would have to be a General Election , I can't see BoJo calling one of them.

The size of Johnson's majority over Hunt should give Tory remainer MPs something to think about as the Tory membership obviously favour a No Deal Brexit over more delay , those Tory MPs who wish to keep their jobs will have to consider that.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Funny, the next thread after this one is titled "Eternal damnation, how bad can it be?".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join