It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Jonson Elected as New Prime Minister of The UK.

page: 32
<< 29  30  31   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Oh yeah Audi and Beemer drivers
What is it with them when they get behind the wheel? Used to be silver BMW drivers in the ealry 2000's then it afflicted all coloured cars, totally know where you're coming from with the Audiis now, they seem to be getting worse, especially white ones
It's the same old swines as on the bikes, indeed they probably get out of their German rep machines when they get home and get out the lycra to double do our heads in

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter
indeed. A day in the life of a BMW driver:

"The other day I was cruising along as usual coming onto one of my motorways, which was very busy with inferior cars. First off, I couldn't believe that the volume of traffic DIDN'T slow down for me AT ALL as I came off the slip road! I had to squeeze into a barely big enough gap between two cars in order to get onto my motorway! The driver of the car behind me did realise his mistake though and honked an apology to me with a long blast of his horn. Unbelievably, I had to do the same again before I could get to the BMW lane. Anyway, once I was in the BMW lane and posing along at 110 mph enjoying the adulation that the inferior car drivers were giving me, I noticed an inferior car ahead of me which was not only in the BMW lane of my motorway, but was driving at a ridiculous 70 mph! Naturally, I got within a foot or so of his rear bumper and flashed my headlights to remind him he shouldn't be in the BMW lane of my motorway and to get out of my way. Of course, once he realised it was a BMW behind him, he did just that, but I could hardly believe it when he pulled straight back out behind me! He also tried to keep up with me and when he realised I would out-run him, he put on some blue lights in his front grill and urged me to get onto the hard shoulder so that he could congratulate me on my excellent car. Needless to say, I was eager to oblige and when we had stopped, the man gave me a piece of paper confirming what I already knew - that my car goes fast! Apparently he wants everyone to know what a superior car I have, so I had to take my driver’s licence to a police station to be sent away to have some points put on! (They're not free points either - they're £20 each and I was only allowed 3.) But the man at the Police station said that because I drive a BMW, it won't be much longer before I earn the full 12 points, and then I won't even NEED a driving licence, so they will take it off me! See, now THAT'S the sort of respect you get when you own and drive a BMW! "

Moving hastily back on topic, the Brecon by-election result must have scared Boris.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Total classic
On the election topic yes Boris must have discovered the reality of what becoming a PM means. All the loud bluster of yesterday suddenly is replaced by the stalemate division that runs through Britain and its crippling effect on any movement towards a way out to a positive future for us and our economy. Just hope Boris doesn't do some stupid decision making after a case of his model bus wine

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

I don't understand why the Cons fielded the same candidate who was forced out over fiddling his expenses! Never going to be popular, that.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I've just read it on the news, that was a daft idea fielding the same guy again! Slick move by PC/Greens not standing as well so LibDems won it. Maybe at the next election we'll see Brexit/conservatives doing similar in marginal constituencies?
I've no idea who to vote for now, pity I haven't got a spare 500 quid or I'd register and vote for myself 😂

Edit, Pmsl at the posh car driver musings! 👍
edit on 2-8-2019 by Silure because: See "edit"

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Silure

well come general election I know how scotland will vote !

Anyway , the whole self registration for a political party im sure its more complex than just registration with £500 quid now
I'm sure you need to have more than just cash !

Looks like its cheaper £150 quid

you also need to submit your financial plans, and your parties constitution

electoral commission

If you act fast you can get a submission in for the 30th October deadline !

edit on 2-8-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Haha yes, be crazy if SNP win every seat!
I checked it out mate, registering as a political party is a ball ache, with nominated officers, constitution etc, but standing as an independent requires no such thing, just 10 mates in your constituency to second your application, then 500 quid deposit, which obviously I would expect to lose 😂

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   

it seems less leg work and less cost if you register with a constitution and outline your finances etc

that way there is more chance of people joining as members

with a bit of effort we could form a new political party derived entirely from members of ATS which are UK based whose political leanings are of the same or are closely aligned

but I think we need a party that crosses the spectrum and is based on not political ideology but just humanitarian efforts

planet and people before profit

many of us see eye to eye even though we disagree on a few political things , it wouldnt be hard for many of us to unite under the same banner !
because deep down we all want positive change and we all want freedom and joy!
we want to be fair and just

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I'd see loads of things we'd all agree on, NHS, social care for a start, but the biggest divider right now in UK is Brexit. It is a total split, even that election, if the Brexit party hadn't stood then the Tory guy would have probably won.
I've never known politics like this before, now is the time for some form of proportional voting system though, like you guys have in the Scottish Parliament 👍

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 04:41 AM
link   

yeh looks like you may get it , when the UK dissolves and England can do just that

top topics

<< 29  30  31   >>

join