It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Jonson Elected as New Prime Minister of The UK.

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
Lol, I reckon gutted carefully and well done it would be alright. A Romanian guy got nicked with a bag of them here recently, they let him off because he didn't know it was illegal and there was no evidence they suffered when he snapped their necks.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Silure

Yes. And on the spot fines for fat people waddling along the pavement with their arms paddling along stuck out at 90 degrees to their loathesomely bloated bodies.

And for idiots on their mobiles who walk in front of you then suddenly stop dead and walk backwards into you.

And cyclists who ride on narrow roads two abreast. Actually they should just be exterminated.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Star for making me piss laughing!
What constituency you standing in?!

3rd party insurance for people on mobility scooters as well, actually had one nearly hit me the other day while I was hobbling on my sticks, told me to get out of the way ffs! The show off bastard then drove off at a speed faster than I could run when I was fit, must have been a merc or beemer owner back in the day 😂
Boris will fix things for us! 😂

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I second the mobile phone while walking ,

its for talking whilst mobile not texting or browsing !

thats immediate grounds for exile in

NOVA UK

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
I second the mobile phone while walking ,

its for talking whilst mobile not texting or browsing !

thats immediate grounds for exile in

NOVA UK

Eh? How old are you? Mobile phones do much more than just phone other people these days.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

And cyclists who ride on narrow roads two abreast. Actually they should just be exterminated.

Oh yeah
They really do get on your tits and they do it now far more than in the olden days when cyclists generally were extremly respectfulto the green cross code. Tell the truth they are getting beyond beleif around here, bad on the main roads but they do it on essentially single track roads in the stix too! Followed about twenty of them in one of these Pelican groups oh my life they wouldn't go single file for anything, they defo do it on purpose. Was listening to James Whale and Ash on about them a few days ago and they reckoned the second they get into their cycling lycras uniforms there personalities instantly change to arse-hols

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Xabi87

Im 36

so you dont agree ? that people who walk and text and browse whilst not looking where they are going are a problem
and we should just tolerate these idiots ?

They are a danger to themselves and others around them by not paying attention to their immediate environment

if texting while driving is banned then so should texting while walking !

edit on 1-8-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I don't favour banning. I prefer the trusty old 2" x 4", preferably with rusty nails.

Obviously though, as a Tory, not by me. I get the butler to do it.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

They have been knowing to catch them with nets not that far from where i hail from, i don't think its illegal nether, unless its a health and safety issue, which it is indeed.

Either way, catch quite a few nasty things from TB to the Plague i imagine.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

aye hahah maybe not a ban just allowed to publicly call them out without repurcussions

Ahh must be nice to have a butler to do those little things for you

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

Im 36

so you dont agree ? that people who walk and text and browse whilst not looking where they are going are a problem
and we should just tolerate these idiots ?

They are a danger to themselves and others around them by not paying attention to their immediate environment

if texting while driving is banned then so should texting while walking !
No i do agree, was just saying talking is probably the last thing phones are made for now days

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Lol, talking, and playing the snake game is my phone's main activity! It does have a rudimentary text based internet as well, and a flashlight which is handy, also calculator I use quite often.
Are you old enough to remember a maths teacher telling you "You won't always have a calculator in your pocket" ???
I wonder what they say to kids these days to encourage calculations in your head or pen and paper...

Also wonder what Boris' math skills are like, wasn't his degree in classical studies or something? No way he has a BSc, I'd bet all my 2 pences in my demi john that he hasn't! 😂

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   

That's interesting comment regarding the math teacher and the calculator. Makes me feel old. Calculators weren't invented then so it was memory.

Learning a slide rule for calculating quickly - "You won't always have a slide rule with you." And they weren't allowed in exams. A spare blank sheet for working out math.

Didn't have watch for many years but my dad taught me how to tell time from the sun at certain times of the year and how to pick a direction without a compass. Guess those basics are not required anymore.

My thoughts,

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I see the remainers and beeb are dragging out the big gun (otherwise know as

Mark Carney) to predict hell fire and brimstone on leavers....... I seem to

remember he predicted the same when the referendum verdict was announced

as a certainty and an immediate falling off a cliff.

Brexit bombshell: DUP's Foster reveals Brussels' true goal in talks - and it's not a deal
THE DUP’S Arlene Foster has backed Boris Johnson’s claim that the EU is to blame for growing likelihood of a no deal Brexit - branding their approach as “belligerent”.

The DUP leader Arlene Foster echoed Boris Johnson’s criticism of how Brussels and Dublin had treated the UK during Brexit talks. In a fierce attack on EU leadership, Mrs Foster savaged the EU negotiators as “belligerent” - claiming they were to blame for the Brexit deadlock. She went onto say that the EU’s aim was not to agree a Brexit deal, but instead “to break up the United Kingdom”.

The brutal words came after Mrs Foster met with Boris Johnson on Tuesday night and Wednesday.

She demanded both Brussels and Dublin to “dial back the rhetoric" around Brexit.

She said: “Like the prime minister, I want to leave the EU with a deal, but it has to be a deal that respects the constitutional and economic integrity of the UK.

“Unfortunately the previous withdrawal agreement did not.

www.express.co.uk...

The EU belligerent?? NO!!

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Oh I have no problem with people walking and talking on mobile phones as that is what they were intially designed for

but walking and texting or walking and browsing the net , without paying attention to the real world environment will lead to accidents

and those people should be told to wise up

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 03:17 AM
link   

easy the teacher doesnt hand out calculators
and I'm sure in some schools they actually confiscate mobile phones during class or the students are asked to put them in their bags etc !

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Bloody lycra-louts is what they are.

I'd also put extra road tax on Audi A3 owners and all BMW drivers, for obvious reasons. The tw@ts.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

It's as if people on mobiles just lose any sense of spacial awareness.

I forgot - extra road tax on hipsters with stupid beards driving SUV's. £100 on the spot fine also if they are caught looking smug behind the wheel.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 03:53 AM
link   

3rd party insurance for people on mobility scooters as well, actually had one nearly hit me the other day while I was hobbling on my sticks, told me to get out of the way ffs!

Absolutely. They should also by law have to be fitted with speakers to make loud "Parp! Parp!" noises as they drive along so you can hear the bloody things coming at you. Or maybe V8 race car sound?

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32 >>

join