It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Jonson Elected as New Prime Minister of The UK.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I think he will be great, if (and it's a big if) he can get the majority of the party behind him. Shouldn't be too hard for him though, his strength is his charisma and he's something of a superstar in the Tory camp.

Every PM for the last decade has been such a wet fish. It will be nice to have a leader with the ability to actually LEAD. He doesn't have the political experience, of business acumen of other politicians, but he is very good at getting the right people around him and onside.

The country needs a PM who can at least bring their own party together, then bring the country back together and I think Boris will at the very least, regardless of what you think of the direction, get the country moving in ONE direction, which we need more than anything right now.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I'm sorry but all you've done here is made me want to elect this guy as president of the United States

You guys would hate him!

He is big on LBGQT and is a big climate change guy, he wants to make the UK the greenest country in the EU.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: gortex

What is this kindergarden bullying ...
Person that are in from of a camera 24/7 will always have pictures like that..
I bet even you do.. with the few times you been in the spotlight

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 07:04 AM
link   

I'm a big proponent of homosexual green energy.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

You had your OP already prepped for this eventuality. In no way could you have put all that together in the few minutes there were between the announcement and you posting!
You are so transparent!

Yup not pretending I didn't, seemed pretty obvious he would win so I wrote it up about a hour or so before the announcement while watching some TV....

I doubt very much that he will be the shortest time served PM. George Canning, was the shortest-serving Prime Minister (April–August 1827). That's just 4 months.

I did say in modern times I think, I would hardly say 1827 qualifies for that.

There is no way on God's earth a General Election is going to be called before Halloween (3 months), the country nor Parliament have the stomach for it.

Agreed although I don't think its entirely impossible just depends how things go over the next few weeks.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Boris Johnson
"Deliver Brexit , Unite the Country and defeat Jeremy Corbyn"

Defeating Jeremy Corbyn is the easy bit , if Brexit rolls on past October the hard part will be defeating Nigel Farage.

I wish @BorisJohnson well as Prime Minister with his do or die pledge to deliver Brexit on October 31st. Does he have the courage to deliver?
twitter.com...

link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: Spacespider

I think he is the right choice for PM... I just watched his first speech as PM, and he was right about everything.

"DUDE"

Honestly the man could destroy this country, we are in a political crisis and his election really only exasperates this.

Dude, you could should some class and hold the bombs.. until he have finish given his acceptance speech..
And Honestly given the situation.. you already blame him for destroying the country.. give him a chance at least.
Or a congratulation with the election or something. Not every have to look like a statue in a suit to be god in politics.
Just look at Trump.. USA have never been better and he is doing better then everyone before him.

So much this.

Half the country seems to think that playing pretend activists and complaining about everything happening around them is some kind of sign that they hold the moral high ground.

Working alongside your fellow countrymen, even against your own better judgement, to protect the rights of everyone else to also have their opinion, is what gives you a moral high ground.

link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

He looks like a really mean politically bully. He should do very well. Everyone loves the biggest a hole.

Haha I love how so far in the thread it's been poking at his appearance, and now he 'looks like a really mean political bully'..

Herrreeee we go again...

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Dem0nc1eaner

I think he will be great, if (and it's a big if) he can get the majority of the party behind him. Shouldn't be too hard for him though, his strength is his charisma and he's something of a superstar in the Tory camp.

He is kind of like marmite for them some love him some hate him.

I would hope that he manages to get some kind of deal together that passes through parliament and we leave the EU in a smooth transition but the reality is that given the current political climate this is probably not possible and we could be set for even more of a crisis than the one we already face.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

I doubt very much that he will be the shortest time served PM. George Canning, was the shortest-serving Prime Minister (April–August 1827). That's just 4 months.

Canning died in office. He wasn't kicked out, as i expect Johnson to be within a few months.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

And Honestly given the situation.. you already blame him for destroying the country.. give him a chance at least.

Well actually even before being elected as PM he was massively involved in the sequence of events that have put us into this political crisis. He is facing a court date of misconduct in public office for lying during the Brexit campaign that he led.

Its also fair to look at the maths of parliament and day he can't really change anything, this doesn't really monumentally change anything with Brexit if anything its just going to make it worse.

Its also interesting how you twist my words from saying he Could destroy the country to saying that I blame him form destroying the country when what I actually said is that he could.
edit on 23-7-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-7-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Canning died in office. He wasn't kicked out

I did not know that, how interesting!

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   

The shortest period in office is more confused, depending on the criteria. The shortest ever period was only three days, a record held by Lord Bath, from 10 February to 12 February 1746, who was asked to form a government but was unable to find more than one person who would agree to serve in his cabinet. A satirist of the time wrote: "the minister to the astonishment of all wise men never transacted one rash thing; and, what is more marvellous, left as much money in the Treasury as he found in it.

wiki

Boris isn't PM yet. That happens tomorrow.
24 Hours is a long time in politics
Though he would be going some to beat this record

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Boris the Bold!
Give him chance, he might surprise you all.

If he gets a hard time trying to deliver BREXIT, expect him to call a GE which he will win because many Labour leave voters will vote for him and others will vote for the BREXIT party thus resulting in a Tory/BREXIT Party coalition! Then he gets the mandate! But will he execute the traitors!!!

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Boris Johnson.... errrr…….. Did he ever get razzed in school or in college about his Initials ?

the Initials can be made into a Humiliating Mnemonic for the bloke..... B.J. indeed

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Boris the Bold!
Give him chance, he might surprise you all.

If he gets a hard time trying to deliver BREXIT, expect him to call a GE which he will win because many Labour leave voters will vote for him and others will vote for the BREXIT party thus resulting in a Tory/BREXIT Party coalition! Then he gets the mandate! But will he execute the traitors!!!

I think that in a General Election the Conservative party would die, they already took a hit during the last election, at the Peterborough by-election they dropped 25% of the vote which went to the Breixt Party. I think if they were to call a GE they know that their support will be split between themselves and the Brexit Party which could possibly lead to a Labour win if Labour where to adopt a remain position.

A GE I think would be bad for the country over all.

I do agree he might surprise us all and I hope he does because I just want this mess to be over with.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Boris Johnson
"Deliver Brexit , Unite the Country and defeat Jeremy Corbyn"

Defeating Jeremy Corbyn is the easy bit , if Brexit rolls on past October the hard part will be defeating Nigel Farage.

I wish @BorisJohnson well as Prime Minister with his do or die pledge to deliver Brexit on October 31st. Does he have the courage to deliver?
twitter.com...
Or a coalition! Then the mandate needed!

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Haven't read any of this thread yet.....just posting to say; God help us all....

Now to read everyone else's take on things.

link   

originally posted by: St Udio

Boris Johnson.... errrr…….. Did he ever get razzed in school or in college about his Initials ?

the Initials can be made into a Humiliating Mnemonic for the bloke..... B.J. indeed

He went to Eaton the only thing he would have got hazed about was the size of the family yacht

link   
Oh well.
Could be worse.

He could have been a community organizer.
Or someone's importants wife...
Or someone's importants son...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join