It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Jonson Elected as New Prime Minister of The UK.

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Silure

As another aside;

As I mentioned I googled jobs available in the town I live and out of curiosity I clicked on one of them.
It directed me to the recruitment agencies site that asked a few basic questions then I was directed to the companies website.
I could only login and then apply by using either my Twatter or Farcebook account.

Bollocks to that, I went no further.

Do these people now scrutinise one's social media profile as a matter of course whilst processing your application now?

# that!

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Well, in the sake of thread harmony, never having had to stoop so low as to talk on ATS about a packet of ham before, I'm glad you had a pleasant lunch as you sat on your bench. Your spending decision was prudent, although not very well balanced in dietary terms.

I've been avoiding food today. I have a dental abcess, which may explain my narky mood, for which I apologise to you and Freeborn. I've just lanced it with a well boiled pin, British School of Dentistry huh, can't get to the dentist until Thursday. I'm not a happy camper and may take tomorrow off here, for your sakes lol.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TheShippingForecast

Have abscess drink whiskey.
Dink whiskey lance abscess.

That's a basic.

No need to apologise.

After two whole days of sobriety normal service will resume tomorrow, just a question of at what time.
Thunderstorms forecast all night and all tomorrow....I might get rained in.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I have social media accounts for official purposes and real ones for me and my mates.
Easy to play the game, most of my mates do the same, teachers, business people, yeh they are all sound as # using their real names, but the real people they are are not public.
There is always a crossover, my account here is known to other real life friends, no bull# just a different mask of the same person.
Only a prize prick uses their real ID online for day to day being a normal human with your mates stuff 😂

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TheShippingForecast

Good lad haha!!!!!! 😂😂😂
I've done abscesses with a Stanley blade before now, like a scene from a Saw movie lol, I doff my hat to you mate!
👍
edit on 30-7-2019 by Silure because: Fookin autocorrect, gonna have to start proofreading before clicking reply lol

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silure
I've done abscesses with a Stanley blade before now, like a scene from a Saw movie lol, I doff my hat to you mate!

I've never had an absess, but if I did I would go to the dentist . Each to our own, I guess.

Back to topic. So far Boris does not seem to have created a calamity, as some predicted. He made Nicola Sturgeon look like she ate a lemon, but that's good from my perspective. The Irish Republic gov have also released figures suggesting that they would be hit badly by a hard Brexit, so perhaps he's getting them to think it through too, considering their actions to date have been less than helpful.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: Silure

I've never had an absess, but if I did I would go to the dentist . Each to our own, I guess.

Back to topic. So far Boris does not seem to have created a calamity, as some predicted. He made Nicola Sturgeon look like she ate a lemon, but that's good from my perspective. The Irish Republic gov have also released figures suggesting that they would be hit badly by a hard Brexit, so perhaps he's getting them to think it through too, considering their actions to date have been less than helpful.

Nicola sturgeon loathes the man , nae wonder she had a face like fizz

he is a class A bell end

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

He looks like a really mean politically bully. He should do very well. Everyone loves the biggest a hole.

That's why I like you.

My fondest regards,

bally

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Yup used to work for a Uni and was trained in what and how employers search through a persons social media profiles. For post graduate based education around 90 - 95% of employers will base their decision on whether to hire someone based on their social media profiles - there's various online companies that conduct a 'social media credit score' to try and assess someone's suitability for employment. Most people create fake 'professional, would never dream of drinking on a worknigt hor going to a rave on weekends' profiles to skirt around it.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 06:14 AM
link   

most employers wont even look at your CV unless you have a social media presence which is visible

so they can determine if you are a team player in your private life !

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

In another life I was Improvement Manager in a large factory owned by a large multi-national packaging company.
I don't think I'm being big headed or conceited when I say that I think I was quite highly regarded not only at the site where I worked but throughout the group.

I started in the crappest job going in the factory and through hard work I ended up in quite a relatively 'senior' role.

I gave 100% to everything I did - near enough is an attitude that really annoys me to this day - and always tried my best to help others whenever I could.
The nature of my job sometimes required me to do all the behind the scene's hard graft, prep work, presentations, number crunching, analysis, the lot. Basically I loaded the gun and others shot it.

I also managed and oversaw numerous improvement teams and projects.

An out and out team player.

If you looked at my personal profile on my albeit little used social media accounts you would hardly think so.
Well known, yes.
Sociable, yes.
But nothing really to suggest a team player.

I am very guarded about what I reveal on such sites.

It seems this would hold me back in todays job climate.

How many other 'talented' individuals are being held back because of this 'profiling'?

Utter bollocks.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   

I think its highly discriminatory to do this
especially when the employer doing the searching then goes on to treat you as a faceless number or cog in the corporate machine, so what the # does it matter what you are like outside of work on social media.

It's absolutely mental , so is the whole licensing , certification and # for insurance and health and saftey

I understand its important but these are simply hurdles put in front of you , which ultimately are only there to prevent the employers from being sued if # goes wrong.

all they care about is profit loss

I understand the need for certification etc for operating machines and technical instruments.

But now you cant even get passage on a cargo ship in exchange for hard labour, you need so many certifications now before you are even allowed to set foot on a working ship to do labour.

It;s mental the same things apply everywhere it's crazy

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

most employers wont even look at your CV unless you have a social media presence which is visible

so they can determine if you are a team player in your private life !

This isn't strictly true.

Several years ago, it may have been the case. Much less so now - and it also really largely depends on the job role too.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I have just seen that the US senate will block any US UK trade deal that Trump and Johnson dream up if it affects the good friday agreement and the open border between Ireland and Northern Ireland.

This will really put a block in place or a huge hurdle at least if Boris plans to make deals with Donald

this could be really bad for the whole brexit no deal if Boris cant get a deal passed in Senate to make up for the EU losses

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Have Meta information, will profile, seems to the colour of the day.

Social media is only part of the equation.

They don't want talented individuals anyway, they want fecking wage slaves who seldom think for themselves, who are willing to inform on their fellow workmates for brownie points.

Utter bollocks should be printed at the bottom of most employment contracts these days if truth be told, and not in bloddy fine print nether.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Tell you this, i will be rather surprised if Boris manages to do in 90 days, what May could not do in 900.

Let's see him pull this one out our arse.

Because that's magic.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Just have a fake (official) fb account with your real name, profile pic wearing a suit or doing some wholesome activity, lock the security down so nobody can see your friends list etc.
Like everyone I know does that, from professional people to mates who work on the bins.
It's just a game mate, not even rocket science lol.
Edit, my personal fb account for my real friends is a total made up name, and I usually change it every 60 days as FB allows. Last time I used the Russian Cyrillic script which was even funnier because nobody could tag me into things 😂
edit on 31-7-2019 by Silure because: See "edit"

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Yes, but May could not have done it even if she had had 900 bloody years.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Point is its a game we should not have to participate in.

It's their game, and it's a rigged event if ever there was one.

Profiling is just wrong!

Take China for instance with the crap they are perpetrating.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Yep, mainly because she didn't have the balls to make threats about no deal in official negotiations.
I wouldn't trust her to sell an old car for me, never mind strike good deals for our nation 🙄

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join