It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Jonson Elected as New Prime Minister of The UK.

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

We dont have a deal with EU then the rest of the UK gets no Deal with Scotland

we arent married so we dont have to separate our # up equally

That's absolutely correct but you should be careful what you wish for. As the senior partner, we (rest of union) would take exactly what we want and leave you with the rest (slightly egging it on for effect!).

However, a lot of SNP ers will be in for a shock if, on divorce, they think they will be taking the oil and gas reserves. On paper yes, but in the real world not a chance a nuclear nation would let a foreign government take control of its energy reserves - it is total pie in the sky thinking. And NATO wouldn't intervene, whilst the UN would only intervene in the sense of strongly worded rebukes.

This is totally off topic though....

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

WHat entitles the rest of the UK to our oil if we separate , because they have nuclear capability

are you aware that the nukes are in our water ?
So isnt it Scotland that's the nuclear power , not RUK

anyways

and if that were the case

the rest of Scotland would just say "moan then "

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Bloody 'ell that escalated quickly to nuclear exchange, puts NK and Iran to shame!! 😂
🚀🚀🚀

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Silure

Not that its ever a scenario to play out.

But that would be priceless if Scotland said bolt, and England were forced to used Trident to kowtow our rebellious intent.

Talk about shooting themselves in the foot ffs???!!!

The Warheads in those things might have a selective yield, but they still strip the paint off walls and leave a hell of a mess for quite some time to come.

Better get used to importing 100% of everything after that kind of debacle. LoL

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Mate if they threaten places like Blair Athol you might see an uprising from south of the border, like flying pickets of the 70s, mobile, loyal and active only for the greater cause! ✊👊

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

We could always just ditch Trident and pay for the NHS i suppose.

I mean what kind of fruitloops, who live on an island 874 miles long, think it's ""Bright"" idea to enter into a nuclear arms race, and then stay there, in the first place???!!!

One Russian ICBM (SS-18 Satan) with accompanying payload could blanket this entire nation with nuclear fire and have plenty left to spare ffs.

As to the greater cause, that's the domain of the bankers and financial institutions that wag our politicians tail, we don't get much of a say there no matter what we imagine.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Scottish territorial waters are defined by law, specifically the Scottish Adjacent Waters Boundaries Order 1999. Westminster made that order.

You can’t just make a seas grab because Scotland votes for independence. That’s as bad as Russia or any other
country making land grabs. A ridiculous suggestion and one neither Scotland or the EU will tolerate. I don’t think the rest of the free world would look too kindly on it either.

As to Trident, there’s no facilities at the moment in England to keep those submarines in service. Scotland
obviously won’t want to retain them. If England chose to maintain that system they’d probably have to pay the USA to maintain Trident, short term, until facilities were constructed down south.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

edit on 29-7-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

WHat entitles the rest of the UK to our oil if we separate ,.....

If Scotland ever goes independent then the UK will certainly be entitled to a percentage of the remaining oil etc for the simple reason that UK money funded a large part of the oil industry in the North Sea.

Besides, most of it will belong to an independent Shetland and Orkney Islands....provided the Scots allow them to exercise their Right to Self-Determination that is?

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Be positive and strong minded mate! ✊
I didn't want to leave the EU but got outvoted so I've embraced it instead.
We share this island and always will, join us as free tribes again. Scottish independence ####yeah! Then work with us like you would with anyone on your estate, just bigger estates we are talking about now. # Junker, # Barnier, # pretty boy Macron who certainly doesn't give a # about you or your estate, be excited, front it, these rocks in the north Atlantic dealing with all of the rest of the world.

We've done it thousands of years, feel it again, but don't kneel to the EU bloc, kneel for your your tribe, on your block, wherever in the world they have come from to be part of it.
Be a true free Scotland and do it with our tribes, whatever the # we call the UK after you guys make the break!

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I'm up for loving everyone mate, especially the people around me, no matter what thy look like or where they hail from.

I just don't see the EU as a noose around our neck any more than Westminster is.

There track record is rather plain after all.

2 World Wars were fought to unite Europe which failed to one degree or another, millions of people dead on all sides. We came together anyway for other reasons and down to political and socio-economic circumstance.

The EU will only fail if the bankers want it to, same with the UK, and anywhere else for that matter.

Free Scotland, well fair enough, but nobody is ever really free whilst we dance to the same tune we always have, and that's the banker's tune.

Brexit won't solve that problem, truth is it will simply enable a tighter hold of our nuts.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   

The choice has been made for my part of this island so a face it as an exciting new challenge. Just my honest opinion but I wish you guys well if you join the EU tribe as your sovereign authority. If it works out for people on my part of our islands as truly independent then I'd support us backing you if the EU ended up you wishing the same independence for your people.
We'll always be neighbours as we have for thousands of years 👍
edit on 29-7-2019 by Silure because: Spelling autocorrect correction

Edit, Sorry, meant remain, not join EU
edit on 29-7-2019 by Silure because: See "edit"

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   

The choice is clear for England and Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, not so much.

We did not vote for Brexit, and we don't want it.

By rather a significant majority.

It won't work out but it will divide the UK pretty much right down the middle.

Anyhoo interesting times ahead i suppose, decisions decisions with the Halloween costume this year and whatnot.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: sapien82

WHat entitles the rest of the UK to our oil if we separate ,.....

If Scotland ever goes independent then the UK will certainly be entitled to a percentage of the remaining oil etc for the simple reason that UK money funded a large part of the oil industry in the North Sea.

Besides, most of it will belong to an independent Shetland and Orkney Islands....provided the Scots allow them to exercise their Right to Self-Determination that is?

Nice one

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Mate, you sooo need a night with me and my mates, you'd be like what the # is all this positivity??? Then think "wow this is cool as #" 👍
Edit, even my EU mates now who know they're safe here ☺️
edit on 29-7-2019 by Silure because: See "edit"

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Safe as houses me.

Our weans futures, education, and NHS, not so much I'm afraid.

I'm positive enough mate, just not where politics are concerned, Brexit of the hard no-deal shape won't be bright but bleak.

And Boris might just make it happen with the oddball reject cabinet he has in tow.

Ether way, ile be happy enouth, just with less apparently.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I don't see treatment for injury/ailments/diseases or any other serious condition being denied over money in the bank for our people any time soon.
I get that it hastens fear in any independence campaign to sway minds, but #sake life is good here.
The more I read of your posts the more I'm gutted for you that a truly free Scotland is an historical dream.
#ing pity man 😭

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Dont know about the mate.

Take this poor fellow for instance.

Truth is the Tory government has a stealth eugenics war in operation regarding our unfit, unhealthy, poor and disabled, and it's not even that stealthy any longer.

www.independent.co.uk...

There is no true free anything Silure, just class war and its raging Brexit or otherwise.

Pitty people like that poor sod Mr. Smith above, because they are the ones who require pitty, nevermind help, and assistance, that they will most lightly never receive, present austerity bullcrap and socioeconomic climate prevalent.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Dude he was dead anyway ffs.
I've already told you I have free council tax and 68 quid a week to pay for gas electric, water, food, toiletries, etc Lmfao 😂😂😂
My critical illness/injury insurance money is lower that universal credit ffs, I still get free prescriptions, dental, hearing, and soon a disabled bus pass to travel England for free. You make out life is so crap its #ing depressing, Why is your life so crap compared to mine exactly?
Genuinely not being a prick I just can't get my head around why it is so crap wherever you are a few hundred miles north on the island.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

An “entitlement” ? Doubt it.

Sure UK Governments offered tax reliefs to oil companies to develop the North Sea oilfields. But there’s no legal basis for what you suggest.

There might be a moral basis for such an argument. But there’s also a moral basis for the Scots requesting a refund of the hundreds of billions of pounds which have flowed south over the last 40 odd years, same principle as yours. Best described as “beggar thy neighbour”.

You’re the only contributor on here who ever mentions the prospect of independence for Shetland and Orkney. I’m sure the option would be there for them to become self governing, like the Isle of Man, if that’s what they want. But you only mention the issue because you hope their self government will deprive Scotland of whatever oil revenue remains in the North Sea. It’s not even that you want that money for RUK. You’d be quite happy for the Northern Isles to retain the money, just to beggar Scotland.

Fair enough. We hear you. We get the drift.

Those who want Scottish independence are acutely aware that the oil revenue is going to dwindle to nothing. It already is. The oil is no longer an issue, it’s seldom even mentioned in the debate north of the border. Do catch up.

Our argument is this. Decisions about Scotland are best made by the Scots. And it’s as simple as that.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join