It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
originally posted by: paraphi
originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Now my issue is this;
The people of the UK as the United kingdom, voted to leave the EU, however the people of Scotland as a nation voted to remain.
I think the people of my village voted to remain too. Not sure why we should be treated differently in the collective democratic process.
originally posted by: Silure
Lol, I'm one of them poor people and life is alright, sure I miss having loads of money back in the pre injured legs days but I love life. I don't have to pay council tax (property taxes to US friends), I get £68 per week unemployment insurance and have to find gas, electric, water, food and whatever else I need out of that. Food costs #### all from Aldi, pasta, spuds, fresh fruit blah, and I only have one pint with mates on the weekend, today was a bottle of Bishops Finger ale at my mates house and he gave me a lift home so bonus.
I buy bacci from the dodgy corner shop tax free, make a pouch last 3 and half weeks, and treat myself to a smoke off my best mate who is a trader, and usually on tick lol, but he never keeps count because trust, and I often say no mate I had more the other day remember 😂
I pay my neighbour in a smoke or whatever to use his wifi and everything is good.
Charity shop bargain clothes, public library, free health care and prescriptions because my income is lower than whatever universal credit is, free dentist, and soon a disabled bus pass so I can travel all of England for free!
I often wonder who these poor people starving are, my mobile phone cost 8 quid from Argos, and is £1 a week top up for 25 minutes, 50 texts, and 10meg internet, which is cool coz I can read ATS all day as it is text based browser lol again.
Yep, I remember poverty in the 70s and 80s, piss poor, no central heating, darned clothes, 3 basic meals a day, beans on toast, jam sandwiches for school, I'm nowhere near that poverty, and although I've been a higher rate tax payer living the good life, I still don't feel poor, just can't buy all the shiny things I want.
...and being a cripple ain't the easiest to even get a job interview, it is what it is, but I'm still rich as ##### compared to 90%+ people in the world 👍
1)..*How do you expect viewers to take Press Review seriously, with her spouting her Marxist theories?
2) *Well done Mark Wallace for attempting politely to correct the depressing avalanche of negativity
3) *What makes all you moaners think you are right.FFS shabi shut up interupting..The default when triggering A50 was to leave without a deal.
4) *Negativity ! - The woman is barking !
She said water will be in short supply !
So the EU will be having a sneaky word with the big guy
to stop the rain falling ?
She may get her water from Perier, I get mine from the tap
5) * describing a no deal scenario says that there will be no water, no food, no medicines, and God knows what else - what a very sad individual and such a pessimist.
6) *Im sick of these disingenuous remainers whining no one voted for no deal,we voted to LEAVE on the terms of A50 that parliament voted to apply,it clearly states if NO DEAL is agreed after 2yrs we leave without one,it doesn't say you have to accept a # deal or remain
7) *The extremists are not those carrying out the Referendum result, but those Remainers who refuse to accept a democratic result