It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Jonson Elected as New Prime Minister of The UK.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Okay, good to hear.

Now, on another note, it would indeed appear as if the UK Government has been a great shambles and in great disarray for quite some time now. Resignations, firings and frequent changes in ministers and the Cabinet etc etc.

However, according to the World Bank, the UK has a score of 89 on the World Infrastructure Index (rating from 0 to 100). So the country must be doing something right, despite how its leadership appears to be a shambles.

edit on 23-7-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
In this case,the members of the conservative party(no one else)all vote for him or Jeremy.
He was elected by members of his own party.

You did get your chance to vote. At the General Election, you had the chance to vote on which party you wanted to lead the House of Commons. The winning party choose their own leader, as usual. This is the way it's been working for two centuries.

edit on 23-7-2019 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

That means that about 180,000 conservative party members have elected him.

92,153 to be exact.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   

thanks. It's pretty much the same as in my country. So he was not so much chosen by the people, but by his party members.

Got it.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

That means that about 180,000 conservative party members have elected him.

92,153 to be exact.

Yeah I noticed that I wrote up the thread before the announcement but based the number 180,000 over the total number of Tories members.

But yeah your right.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Just a couple of his quotes:

It is said that the Queen has come to love the Commonwealth, partly because it supplies her with regular cheering crowds of flag-waving picaninnies; and one can imagine that Blair, twice victor abroad but enmired at home, is similarly seduced by foreign politeness. They say he is shortly off to the Congo. No doubt the AK47s will fall silent, and the pangas will stop their hacking of human flesh, and the tribal warriors will all break out in Watermelon smiles to see the big white chief touch down in his big white British taxpayer-funded bird.

My speaking style was criticised by no less an authority than Arnold Schwarzenegger. It was a low moment, my friends, to have my rhetorical skills denounced by a monosyllabic Austrian cyborg.

www.azquotes.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
My 2012 thread on "Anglo-American election parallels" has suddenly become very topical, so I'm going to revive it later.

edit on 23-7-2019 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   

All we have is hope , I'm no great fan of BoJo but hope he's a case of cometh the hour cometh the man in regard to Brexit.
His appointment will give the EU something to think about.

Like his American counterpart he will rule for the rich , it's in his blood.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Good job OP finding some ugly photos of the man that have taken up a the great task of getting GB on track again.
I remember OP busy bashing Trump in other threads.. I guess he have two targets now..

I think he is the right choice for PM... I just watched his first speech as PM, and he was right about everything.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I honestly though wouldn't be surprised if he ends up with the record for the shortest premiership in history.

Lets see what happens over the next 48 hours or so.

link   
It's going to be interesting to see what happens in couple of days:

Who BoJo puts in Cabinet
If Corbyn call for a vote of no confidence to try and force a General Election
If BoJo beats Corbyn to it and announces one anyway

The last 2 would have to happen soon because there's only a few days before Parliament breaks up...

...that's right folks, MP's get the summer off - just like the rest of the school kids!!

link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

that...sounds funny.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

I think he is the right choice for PM... I just watched his first speech as PM, and he was right about everything.

"DUDE"

Honestly the man could destroy this country, we are in a political crisis and his election really only exasperates this.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Good job OP finding some ugly photos of the man that have taken up a the great task of getting GB on track again.

It's a funny pic , Johnson is a funny guy.

The happy couple.

Separated at birth.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Johnson's doesn't need tape to hold it on.

Cousin Don has sent his regards.

Congratulations to Boris Johnson on becoming the new Prime Minister of the United Kingdom. He will be great!
twitter.com...

edit on 23-7-2019 by gortex because: add

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

I'm sorry...I have to laugh. Dont have time to go through your thread..maybe you can sum it up for me...how exactly is the prime minister chosen in UK ?

The UK has a parliamentary system. This means that we don't vote for an individual, we vote for a member of a political party for our area. The most votes becomes MP for that area and gets a seat in the Commons. The party that holds a majority of seats after the election forms the government, and the leader of that party becomes prime minister.

The leader of the party (in this case the Conservatives) is selected by the members of that party. Candidates put themselves forward and are whittled downone by one in a series of votes by the parliamentary members (the ones who actually sit in the House if Commons as MPs).

When they get to the final 2 candidates, the rest of the paid up members of the party (about 160'000 members in the Conservatives) then do a postal vote to select the leader.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   

I'm sorry but all you've done here is made me want to elect this guy as president of the United States.

Or maybe we can have like a president Exchange program for like a little while. I doubt anyone will be able to tell the difference anyway
edit on 7 23 2019 by dashen because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   
You had your OP already prepped for this eventuality. In no way could you have put all that together in the few minutes there were between the announcement and you posting!
You are so transparent!

I doubt very much that he will be the shortest time served PM. George Canning, was the shortest-serving Prime Minister (April–August 1827). That's just 4 months. There is no way on God's earth a General Election is going to be called before Halloween (3 months), the country nor Parliament have the stomach for it.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

"DUDE"

Honestly the man could destroy this country, we are in a political crisis and his election really only exasperates this.

Dude, you could should some class and hold the bombs.. until he have finish given his acceptance speech..
And Honestly given the situation.. you already blame him for destroying the country.. give him a chance at least.
Or a congratulation with the election or something. Not every have to look like a statue in a suit to be god in politics.
Just look at Trump.. USA have never been better and he is doing better then everyone before him.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join