It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Jonson Elected as New Prime Minister of The UK.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ADSE255

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Why, he reminds me of Trump. Well done UK. It seems that the clock is ticking backward. The great undoing. This seems to be a world movement right now among Leaders, The previous being cast away.

Well done Uk???

He was voted in by 90,000 people, the rest of us don’t get a say

It’s a victory only for him not for the uk

I hadn't realized that you spoke for the entire UK.

I don’t but neither do the 90,000 odd that voted for him they only represent their party.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Why, he reminds me of Trump. Well done UK. It seems that the clock is ticking backward. The great undoing. This seems to be a world movement right now among Leaders, The previous being cast away.

Well done Uk???

I don’t but neither do the 90,000 odd that voted for him they only represent their party.

I think it was the inevitable. Just as the majority of the UK chose to Brexit from the pound sucking EU.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ADSE255

What was inevitable?

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   

What was inevitable?

The new PM. Read a strange article about Boris being the last PM. Don't know what that was all about.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

What was inevitable?

The new PM. Read a strange article about Boris being the last PM. Don't know what that was all about.

The thinking is that the union will break up so he could be the last PM of the UK as it currently is. It is a very real risk

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
a reply to: eletheia

You should stick to your Battle of Britain DVDs Elethia............Tariffs are a bit more serious than red tape Elethia when the UK located car firms require a one day parts delivery from the continent for 70% of essential parts.......... Just in from the car industry lobby and especially for you sweetie
www.apnews.com...

No thanks I'll leave that to you in your tiny complacent little space......

I want more for my issue and country than just being wet nursed into oblivion

by a bloated corrupt EU.

All you naysayers who take what your given because you don't have the fore

sight to think big to achieve, constantly whinge and complain but do nothing

to improve your situations. If you want to win you have to play!

A few words from some who weren't cowered or frightened by risks!!

*The biggest risk is not taking any risk... In a world that’s changing really quickly,
the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks.– Mark Zuckerberg

*If you don’t play you can’t win.– Judith McNaught

*Life is inherently risky. There is only one big risk you should avoid at all costs, and
that is the risk of doing nothing.– Denis Waitley

*A ship in harbour is safe, but that is not what ships are built for. – William G.T. Shedd

*Don’t be afraid to take a big step.You can’t cross a chasm in two small jumps.–
David Lloyd George

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   

What was inevitable?

The thinking is that the union will break up so he could be the last PM of the UK as it currently is. It is a very real risk

Queen Victoria would be rolling in her grave, I'm afraid.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Sweetie getting on for what you say in many ways I totally agree with everything you say.............. My only concern is for economy, I really do see that we are so intertwined with the continent how are we to become truly independent but retain the amazing standard of living we have attained? How do we stay protected by the Single Market if the EU decide we are to be placed outside of it through tariffs? There are many good things about leaving the EU but the benefits must outweigh the negs and I'm not sure that is atainable through Brexit

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Sweetie getting on for what you say in many ways I totally agree with everything you say.............. My only concern is for economy, I really do see that we are so intertwined with the continent how are we to become truly independent but retain the amazing standard of living we have attained? How do we stay protected by the Single Market if the EU decide we are to be placed outside of it through tariffs? There are many good things about leaving the EU but the benefits must outweigh the negs and I'm not sure that is atainable through Brexit

Families are like countries but on a very much smaller scale......

When you go into any store and find what you want but it is a third more, or even

double the price than somewhere else [tariffs]
do you buy it or do you go to

where you know it is cheaper? [lower tariff or tariff less]

I recently asked a company for a ball park figure to having a job done, I was quoted

£2,500. At that price I intended to leave it but out of curiosity I asked two other

companies, and I was quoted £250 and £220 respectively..... If I wasn't independent

If I was in a protectionist union I might be forced to go with the £2,500 quote.

When you as a house holder get an unexpectedly high bill in to pay it you have to

cut down from else where?? ...... and you manage???

You manage , you are independent you are free....... and without the interference

of someone else telling you what you can and cant do.

The EU with its "tariffs" is protectionist ...... its competition and reliability which

opens up the market place and there are 168 other countries world wide with

whom we can trade through WTO or independently.

edit on 26-7-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   
That’s it, the one thing that younger members of this site might not know, but that is we had it much better before we were in the EU. Maybe not the 80s, definitely not he 70s politically or perhaps financially, but anytime else then we had our own thing going on. Even in the 80s if you worked it well you had way more freedom than now, just ask your parents. In our present guise we’re hundreds of years old (older than the US), so stop acting like children.

We are our own masters, so to think we need someone else to tell us what to do or how to live...? So many weak apologists today.

After Brexit, nothing is stopping us from having the same holidays in France, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Greece etc. Maybe an additional piece of paperwork and a £20-50 processing charge or similar. They’ve not blocked us from entering for crying out loud; commercial suicide. We’ll still have lovely olives, chorizo, swiss cheese, limoncello and the like. People will still want our expertise in every sector.

We’ll still carry on day by day like normal. I mean it’s like the sky fell or something.

But what awaits us, and this can NOT happen within the EU, is dealing with the WORLD.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 03:46 AM
link   

One could speculate that the EU is attempting to engineer a breakup of the UK.

In a world where close reliable allies are hard to come by, the EU is going out of its way to show its friendly credentials and set the tempo for the future. Playground antics.
edit on 27/7/2019 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I understand the speculation but I don't agree with it.

If they really wanted to break up the union they could turn round to Scotland and publicly say if you go independent you can join up within this time table, yet when Nicola went to ask them they basically told her to piss off.

Also Brexit is a UK problem the EU didn't ask us to do this.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Well done Uk???

The UK population never votes for a party leader.
It is very common for new party leaders to be appointed midway through a term of government.

Your point - which is the same one as Corbyn's - is irrelevant.

edit on 27/7/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Well done Uk???

The UK population never votes for a party leader.
It is very common for new party leaders to be appointed midway through a term of government.

Your point - which is the same one as Corbyn's - is irrelevant.

Several times I have repeated that I know that. Kind of insulted that you feel you need to explain it to me.

what I am saying is that it's a system that I for one am a bit fed up off so I hope that Scotland is granted independence se we can get out of it.
edit on 27-7-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Oh, I don't know. The Republic of Ireland's premier seems to be campaigning for just that.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Oh, I don't know. The Republic of Ireland's premier seems to be campaigning for just that.

Well RoI dropped Irish unification a while ago but lets face it, given the chance they are going to want to take back those six counties.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

One could speculate that the EU is attempting to engineer a breakup of the UK.

Or flexing its muscles in the manner of the incredible Hulk? as a warning

to the other member states who are dissatisfied and also wish to leave.

In a world where close reliable allies are hard to come by, the EU is going out of its way to show its friendly credentials and set the tempo for the future.

Is it really capable of "friendly credentials"

Playground antics.

More like the playground BULLY.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Also Brexit is a UK problem the EU didn't ask us to do this.

No its an EU problem.......

Because when we leave it will be the first stone in a 'landslide' for them!!

Its a David and Goliath thing......

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 06:27 AM
link   

....given the chance they are going to want to take back those six counties.

Literally; over my dead body and those of millions like me!

Prior to Brexit support for Northern Ireland remaining in the UK was growing in Ulster, even in the more traditional Nationalist communities.

As long as the majority there wish to remain British then they will, that is simply non-negotiable.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

yes at least we aren't selling it off to America !

Although I have assurances from Stewart McDonald MP that the government in westminster are fighting to protect the NHS from privatisation from the US , look at that a scottish SNP member who wants independence yet fights to save the NHS in the UK from privatisation

he said that the US is not even in the top ten to supply the UK so they would have to beat the top ten competitors before we'd even consider trading with them for medical supplies.

How many of the links did you read? NHS Scotland spending millions on operations carried out by the private sector? Did you read that one? And how do you know that money isn't going into American hands?

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join