It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Jonson Elected as New Prime Minister of The UK.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Yes mate and that radical change is the end of the Union!

youy will be free from the unelected lords , and England can form a new government and shake of the chains of its past

and get rid of those #in tories from britain (maybe)

self serving arseholes who only divide the country between rich and poor !

Get england strong again as England, not Great Britain

once we are all strong then we can be a union again if it so pleases us

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Aye its #in Ironic I work for a government I loathe I chuckle about it every day otherwise Id go mad and kill people , working for the man , such a harsh existence

but Im stuck here man , I cant afford to quit work and look for work !

Im hopin that we get independence , SLC moves south to England and makes all the Scottish employees either redundant or moves them to Darlington Or London should a new Headquarters get built.

I get a nice pay off, and Im due it for ten years of pay freeze!

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I know all to well that the rest of the UK outside of London has been left to rot , by those self serving arseholes in London!

Well I think they are disillusioned as to how legally the conservatives are still in power considering all the infighting
back bench squabbles , leader ship step down the complete mis handling of brexit by a party divided on who wants it and who doesnt

then boris steps in , surely a general election should have been called the moment theresa stepped down , as she and the tory party failed to do their job for the UK meaning we had to choose a new leadership , not the tories getting to choose again after dragging the UK through the # for ten years

How the # is that legal , I am raging at them !

Im ready to quit and pick up a sword and a rifle mate

Oh by the way Freeborn you are more than welcome to my gaff for a cup o tea and a pint of whatever if you ever decide to abandon lovely old England !

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

It's not that hard , we simply wish to be the masters of our own country ,we dont want to be a in a union where we are under a toxic conservative government

the tories are dead in Scotland as evidenced by our voting in the last 60 years

We wish the rest of the Uk would get the memo , yet here we are ten years later and still under the rule of the tories
and their voters in England !

We have the will of any group of voters in England imposed on us , as long as they out vote us by any number which isnt easy , all you need is 6 million voters in London to vote any direction against us

we are hostages in a "union of equals"

we simply wish to determine our own future and we cant do that when in this union !

We came into the union of our own free will and we will leave of our own free will

why do you care anyway if scotland is such a burden to the rest of the UK

plead your MP to let us go !

Scotland ain't been it's own country for hundreds of years. And when it was there were wars all the time.

Stop being little whinge bags and wait till the tories get voted out, you guys ain't the only part of the country that despises the Tories. And stop making out that the Scottish are some sort of different breed, and culture to the rest of us. There is # all difference between me, a Scouser and your average Scot... apart from an accent.

We have been the UK for HUNDREDS of years now, next we will have the #ing Geordies screaming for an independent Northumbria or something.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   
anyway , how about we all cash in and goto the bookies and stick money on Boris siding with Trump in going into Iran when it kicks off

"nothing to get the voters riled up than a good ol knees up in brown mans land "

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Xabi87

I'll make out whatever I like pal , You almost had me thinking you were SAcottish for a second the amount of moaning you do about us (like a broken record)

Right so you are in agreement that we haven't been a sovereign nation in the Union ! thanks for the agreement

what difference does it make to you , accept your EGO

Anyway I've telt you and your multiple personalties and banned accounts that Scots are their own people , we have our own language , yet you and your simple bigot mind cant accept that !

Awa n boil yer heid ya wee nyaff

edit on 26-7-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   

And stop making out that the Scottish are some sort of different breed, and culture to the rest of us.

Dude, we are a different breed though.....

Actual picture of me last weekend.

totally different breed mate.

Hell even the word breed means something different up here.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Not negativity at all Elethia, some of us were reasonably happy wife life within the Union and doing well in the Single Market. Plus all this built in costs talk is more Jingoistic nonsense................... We have a true Single Market right now, there are no hidden costs

You actually believe that

**The full cost of the travelling circus that sees MEPs decamp once a month from Brussels to Strasbourg can be disclosed. ... It is perhaps the most outlandish of the European Union's excesses; a £130 million travelling circus that once a month sees the European Parliament decamp from Belgium to France.**

You believe that is justified expenditure

leave the economy to those in the know

You mean the likes of the corrupt bankers who caused the recession and

those on the make in every area where big money sloshes around?

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

I'll make out whatever I like pal , You almost had me thinking you were SAcottish for a second the amount of moaning you do about us (like a broken record)

Right so you are in agreement that we haven't been a sovereign nation in the Union ! thanks for the agreement

what difference does it make to you , accept your EGO

Anyway I've telt you and your multiple personalties and banned accounts that Scots are their own people , we have our own language , yet you and your simple bigot mind cant accept that !

Awa n boil yer heid ya wee nyaff
I'm Scouse, that's the Scottish ancestry coming through with the whinging.

Scots ain't their own people at all, lmao. They have a higher percentage of ginger #s and that's about it. Go to any council estate on Scotland and it's just like being in Bootle or any other English council estate. You guys watch the same sports, listen to the same muaic... watch the same TV... ect. Just because you had your own invisible borders hundreds of years ago, it don't mean you are a different breed.

The UK has been many different Kingdoms over the years, Scotland being just one of them.

And WTF are you going on about with the multiple personalities and account bollocks? You ain't your own people, you can claim it as much as you want but it ain't true.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I have no desire to see the end of The Union.
There are ties that bind us together that go deep.
And I firmly believe we are stronger together and we have more chance of getting that change by working together.

But the current party political system is failing us miserably and has outlived its fit for purpose.

Devolve power to ALL the regions with a central government for matters like Defence etc.

Blah blah blah.....said it all before mate but it seems to me that most people would rather swallow the lie that there is no alternative to the current system simply because they are just so scared and conditioned to fear real change.

As for re-locating Scots working for SLC to Darlington; no bloody way, the place is inundated with Jocks as it is!

I'll take you up on that offer of a drink one day.
I'll be making a flying visit to Glasgow next month but I hope to get up there for a night or two some time early in September.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Scotland does have the highest percentage of smackheads though, so you are close to being a different breed.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   

In all seriousness though Scotland does have its own distinct culture saying otherwise is wrong.

We have our own language that nobody really speaks anymore but will still have an entire TV station dedicated to it, BBC Alba. We have our own foods (the wee baby haggis, deep fried...anything and whisky), we have our own music, Scottish Celtic rock is pretty much an entire genre and we have our pipes, our kilts the list goes on. Irn Bru, Buckie, River City, our own slang (Ya bawbag), our own history, I could go on all day with our drug problem that you so eloquently highlighted.

Sure there are a lot of similarities and am not doubting them but we are as much our own culture as any other culture.

edit on 26-7-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

To be fair mate, even when Scotland was its own country, it was still generally lowlanders who often sided with the English and had estates all over England against the Highlanders and Islanders.

And going back further, don't forget that Northumbria (England) used to go up to just shy of Edinburgh - the more populuous parts of Scotland have always been more pro English!

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Oh, and for the record, can we please stop with all this "racist Boris" rubbish? I would point out that he has at least 3 cabinet members of South Asian origin (Javid, Patel and Murza) and represents a party that has had 2 female PM's.

Compare this to Labour with Corbyn's male Trotsky team and to a party that is actually being investigated by the Ethics Committee - when the only other time this has happened is to the BNP.

It may infuriate the Left but they are the ones being racist and misogynistic - and all the data backs that up. I take evidence over emotion all day long, regardless of the subject.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

just because you have people of colour in your party , doesnt mean you cant be racist !

I think the evidence of his overwhelmingly racist brain is pretty obvious he is a racist and a bigot !

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

In all seriousness though Scotland does have its own distinct culture saying otherwise is wrong.

We have our own language that nobody really speaks anymore but will still have an entire TV station dedicated to it, BBC Alba. We have our own foods (the wee baby haggis, deep fried...anything and whisky), we have our own music, Scottish Celtic rock is pretty much an entire genre and we have our pipes, our kilts the list goes on. Irn Bru, Buckie, River City, our own slang (Ya bawbag), our own history, I could go on all day with our drug problem that you so eloquently highlighted.

Sure there are a lot of similarities and am not doubting them but we are as much our own culture as any other culture.
You don't. You used to have a unique culture just like the English, Irish and Welsh did but that was hundreds of years ago. The "culture" now days is bollocks is just for tourism money.

We are all the same, we are British and have been for hundreds of years, not one person alive today has ever know anything different.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Sorry I confuse you with another person who believes resolutely that Scotland is a nation of whingers

multiple personalities refers to that member who was banned for being a bigot and for expressing those opinions towards members of Scots descent .

As for our own people, you can deny it as much as you personally like , but whole universities across the world would beg to differ!

Britain is a collection of different peoples
some have lost their cultural identity , others revel in it !

its just how you choose to celebrate your culture and keep it strong.

Anyway arent scousers just Irish who could swim ?

You lot are with us really then , since Irish and Scots are eternally linked.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Also, the Tories keep winning elections because you daft bastards keep wasting your votes on the #ing SNP. You want rid of the Tories? Vote Labour. Always been the way, and always will be the way.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Well if thats your opinion then have at it, but the fact is that in general it is agreed that Scottish culture is as unique as Irish or Spanish culture.

I suppose it depends on how you want to define culture first of all so if you want to debate this then I would ask you how are you defining culture in this context. Is there a particular anthropological definition of culture that you're using to make your argument that Scotland doesn't have its own unique culture.

Or could it be, as I suspect, you don't actually know what you're talking about and just want to bash on Scots by claiming we don't have our own culture with zero backing for that claim other than it being your opinion?

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   

that is of course Highly subjective, the Scots have maintained their cultural identity even though its been beaten from us , thrown in jail for adorning specific clothing .

to say otherwise is absolute rubbish

we have a strong cultural identity in Scotland

question time ?

what are your national games ?
Who is your national bard ?
What is your national dress?
your national Dance ?
your national music
What holidays do you celebrate which lead back to pre christian times ?
what other traditions do the English partake in which are theirs ?

just ask any scot and they will happily provide you with our cultural past times!

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join