It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Jonson Elected as New Prime Minister of The UK.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Silure

If only that were the case however I work for the British government as a civil servant and my pay is determined by them not the Scottish government as I work for the Student Loans Company who are under the British Government not Scotland.

I would love to take my pay case to wee nic
but im afraid it is pointless

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Id love to pal but as I've said I'm paid by our UK government not Scotland.

Oh so we can subsidise 20 EU countries but we dont subsidise the rest of the UK ?

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Silure

yes you are 100 correct the weather is a bit pants sometimes but the clean air and beautiful country will make you fall in love , goto loch lomond and stay at balloch for a few nights !

the place will steal your heart!

its no the weather ye need to worry about its the bloody midgies!

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia
*QUALITY* is always in demand and always sells even at a premium. Are you really

trying to say none of ^^^that^^^ sold before we were in the EU?

The EU is a protectionist racket and not the only market ...... there are 195

countries world wide and the EU is only 27 countries thats 168 more countries. If

you only count a quarter of them they are still more than in the EU.

The world has changed since joining the EU and we are totally integrated into it. Do you honestly think companies like Rolls are inward looking these days? They are part of an economic system that works extermely well as we all build part of the finish. We aren't going to start building wide bodied airliners over here any time soon Elethia like the olden days, but we are part of that creation through engines, wings etc. Why risk that with tariffs? Why fix something that isn't broken? All these Brexiteers would have been better forgetting about the EU and focussing on somefilm like Zulu to feel their natural Jingoistic nature coming to fruition rather than risking an economic holocaust for the rest of us

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Never give control and freedoms away for the promise of safety. Big mistake.
As for the standard of living - don't kid yourself. It's worse since being part of the EU.

More nonsense and loads of it too............... We are free and unbelievably so within the EU, indeed we've never had it so good. Time to take some holidays outside the EU and see how free various peoples are on Planet Earth. We have the most freedom on this planet plus the most fantastic economy, fifth out of two hundred countries and you want to risk all this for what? Unpackaged kippers

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

The world has changed since joining the EU and we are totally integrated into it. Do you honestly think companies like Rolls are inward looking these days? They are part of an economic system that works extermely well as we all build part of the finish. We aren't going to start building wide bodied airliners over here any time soon Elethia like the olden days, but we are part of that creation through engines, wings etc. Why risk that with tariffs? Why fix something that isn't broken? All these Brexiteers would have been better forgetting about the EU and focussing on somefilm like Zulu to feel their natural Jingoistic nature coming to fruition rather than risking an economic holocaust for the rest of us

The negativity and inward looking of the 48% is killing the aspirations of the 52%.

You really believe in 'tariff free'
ITS NOT the cost will be built in somewhere.

Every estimate I have ever been given I have been able to pare down by eliminating

built in hidden costs.

You honestly beleive the EU is an altruistic body?

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 05:07 AM
link   
the last thing I will say on the subject now is that we have been taken out of the EU against our will
as an electoral hostage

so we should leave the UK with no deal for the rest of the UK just like we have no deal with EU
in other words, we keep our # and rest of UK carries on without the subsidy junkie
(yes lets give the rest of the UK the vote, that way we can go for good , if we are such a parasite to boris johnson , why hasnt he exiled Scotland from the Union if he hates us so much )

31st October, Celtic new year and independence day for Scotland !

Wouldn't that be lovely

pipe dream or reality , well since its all just an illusion and we can manifest reality
then I just did !

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

The negativity and inward looking of the 48% is killing the aspirations of the 52%.

You really believe in 'tariff free'
ITS NOT the cost will be built in somewhere.

Not negativity at all Elethia, some of us were reasonably happy wife life within the Union and doing well in the Single Market. Plus all this built in costs talk is more Jingoistic nonsense................... We have a true Single Market right now, there are no hidden costs, you really can buy in Italy, pay them and that's all there is to it. No hidden Brexiteer bull costs whatsoever. Now you Battle of Britain types want to ruin our economy for us by building walls and barriers when we should be coming together as people. You really need to get the old DVDs like Zulu and Waterloo dusted off and watch them to get your Jingo kicks and leave the economy to those in the know

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 05:18 AM
link   
The Scots want independence from the UK while at the same time criticising the majority of the UK for wanting independence from the EU.

I do think however that the scots do deserve a second referendum on leaving the UK, they voted 62% to remain in the EU.

If they leave the United Kingdom then they are not automatically entitled to join the EU, having to satisfy a lot of criteria first and that of course could take a considerable time. Plus Scotland would want divorce payments for years after leaving, while the UK are expected to pay the EU after we leave.

I love Scotland as a country, I can get past the rain and midgies. I would like to live near Campbeltown, what a lovely area that is.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Tortuga

Oh Campbeltown loch I wish ye were whiskey , Oh Campbeltown loch OCH AYE !

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: uncommitted

I badly damaged my ankle three weeks ago and couldnt walk and was off work for 3 weeks

I walked into the Southern Queen Victoria and waited 10 minutes to get seen by a doctor in full waiting room
then waited a further 10 minutes to get an xray

I walked out with a moon boot and two crutches and was fine

I didnt wait for anything really , My dad went for a double toe operation earlier in the year and he didnt wait muich longer than a month for the operation as it wasn't life threatening or anything.

Aye all the NHS is under staffed and under funded and under pressure but they are still doing a damn good job !

Good for you. Perhaps then you are happy with the overall performance of NHS Scotland? A lot of people aren't....

www.heraldscotland.com...

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.scotsman.com...

www.heraldscotland.com...

I could go on, but why should I? I've purposefully excluded links to comments from Labour and the Tories in Scotland criticising the way the SNP manages its devolved budget for NHS Scotland as I'm sure you would see them as 'fake news'

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

You don't complain that you get more per head from Westminster than the English get?

That's because we pay more in per head than the rest of the UK including England.

The UK needs Scotlands natural wealth and taxation. Scotland will thrive without the UK holding it back. If you don't like the fact we get more per head, Have free tuition, free prescription, free elderly health care, The list goes on, then hold a referendum to get rid of us...Please.

As for Scotland having these devolved powers you talk about. Devoled and reserved in a nutshell
edit on 26-7-2019 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Honestly NHS Scotland is not in a good state but its in a much better condition than what's happening down south. The SNP hasn't exactly done a amazing job of running it but at the same time they've not been awful, there have been some things that the SNP have done that I would say have been better when you look at the situation down south.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   

well that wasnt very unbiased of you was it ?

Why do you assume id see them as fake news if they contain verified factual information?

Aye I am happy with the performance , Ive used it 4 times in my entire life and every time its been painless

every member of my family who's been into the infirmary has never complained about the service, only some complaints about MRSA but everyone has fear of that !

Obviously they dont speak for the full of the Scottish NHS , but there are always mixed stories about how well the NHS in scotland is doing !
Because they want to paint it as a failure so they can usher in American firms to give us private healthcare
so of course they will be shouting it down ( tories and labour , red and blue conservatism in scotland)

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

yes at least we aren't selling it off to America !

Although I have assurances from Stewart McDonald MP that the government in westminster are fighting to protect the NHS from privatisation from the US , look at that a scottish SNP member who wants independence yet fights to save the NHS in the UK from privatisation

he said that the US is not even in the top ten to supply the UK so they would have to beat the top ten competitors before we'd even consider trading with them for medical supplies.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tortuga
The Scots want independence from the UK while at the same time criticising the majority of the UK for wanting independence from the EU.

Yes....

Hard to figure out isn't it?

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   
It's not that hard , we simply wish to be the masters of our own country ,we dont want to be a in a union where we are under a toxic conservative government

the tories are dead in Scotland as evidenced by our voting in the last 60 years

We wish the rest of the Uk would get the memo , yet here we are ten years later and still under the rule of the tories
and their voters in England !

We have the will of any group of voters in England imposed on us , as long as they out vote us by any number which isnt easy , all you need is 6 million voters in London to vote any direction against us

we are hostages in a "union of equals"

we simply wish to determine our own future and we cant do that when in this union !

We came into the union of our own free will and we will leave of our own free will

why do you care anyway if scotland is such a burden to the rest of the UK

plead your MP to let us go !

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

You keep on saying 'not just England' yet the reality is that it's not ALL of England at all, large parts of England have been equally ignored and devoid of any sort of investment in their infrastructure, education and technology etc.
Scotland is not unique in that....in fact many may argue that Scotland actually receives more funding per head than many regions of England and the rest of the UK....but I'll let them argue that point.

And I really don't understand all these people complaining about Boris not being elected.
We don't elect our Prime Minister as other nations elect their President.
The leader of the party with the largest number of MP's is PM.
Major took over from Thatcher in exactly the same way, as did Brown from Blair and May from Cameron....it's not unusual at all.

Do people really have such a basic lack of knowledge and understanding of our electoral and parliamentary procedures?

The reality is we need urgent and radical reform if we are to bring about real change.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

.... however I work for the British government as a civil servant....

I hope you can see the irony in this?

No disrespect intended at all mate but I really did have a little chuckle at this.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tortuga

Some Scots want independence from the UK. Some Scots want independence from the UK and the EU. You are right though that the oft quoted "Westminster is too far" is a bit of a pathetic excuse when in the next sentence the SNP politicians robotically recite is "... we love Brussels and want to be ruled by them”.

In the politics of divisive popularist nationalism, the SNP are up there with the best.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join