It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Jonson Elected as New Prime Minister of The UK.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Public service pay has been frozen nationwide (UK) not just in Scotland. If you refer to civil service, but as far as everything devolved, like health, police/fire service etc, isn't Scotland free to increase salaries as it wishes? The way I understand it is you can't go lower than UK rates but can increase?
I may be wrong of course, but Scottish people seem to have a better lot than us in England, cheap water rates included in council tax, free prescriptions, free uni tuition, cheap housing costs but same minimum wage as the rest of us.
Not being a dick here, but I have genuinely considered moving up there, just your crap weather is the only thing puts me off. 👍
edit on 25-7-2019 by Silure because: Changed sick to dick, damn that autocorrect 😂

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: eletheia
an how does that actually benefit me , I havent felt the "more per head"
in any meaningful way .Also this whole more per head, where is that money as it doesnt look like it actually made its way north!

I think that's something you need to ask wee Nichola?

Hard to say that its a benefit when Ive been on a pay freeze because of austerity for ten years!

You think I should just quit working for the man
and get a job that doesnt come under civil servant !

You live in Scotland don't you? So take it up with your own government

the Scots are a devolved nation after all.......

***Devolution is the transfer of powers from a central to a regional authority. The Scottish Parliament at Holyrood can pass laws on devolved matters – in general, those affecting most aspects of day-to-day life in Scotland.

God knows how on earth the Scot's will manage when they leave the UK

and become a tiny satillite of the EU paying vast sums to subsidise the

20 plus poorer countries ........

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

just waiting for someone to blame brexit.......

But the Sunderland plant appears to have escaped

But Brexit hasn't happened.................... If it does happen on Halloween (what a date to choose) then and after can we judge the long term effects on our economy

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

But Brexit hasn't happened.................... If it does happen on Halloween (what a date to choose) then and after can we judge the long term effects on our economy

People refer to economies as if they are set in stone.......

History proves otherwise.

Brands come and go, I worked for a brand leader that was taken over.

Who would have thought the old English Cadburys would end up in the USA?

Anyone remember the old staples Woolworth's, C & A's just two off the

top of my head. There are many large regional ones too.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Sure nothing is set in stone but wehave it so good here in the EU................ Why change something that works already? If no tariffs go o trade with the EU then hey evryone will be up for going independent. Hey it's going round in circles........ We just need Halloween then all will become clear

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Sure nothing is set in stone but wehave it so good here in the EU................ Why change something that works already? If no tariffs go o trade with the EU then hey evryone will be up for going independent. Hey it's going round in circles........ We just need Halloween then all will become clear

This is actually pretty much exactly how I feel about the EU.

Its not perfect but its been working out for us so far so why change it.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Brands come and go, I worked for a brand leader that was taken over.

Braning is what it all comes down to really if Brexit does happen., we gonna lose quite a few foreign companies especially EU ones who will relocate Japanese etc too but they were always going to end up in Slovakia etc anyway in the long run. If anything is on post Brexit the brading is going to be them main focus if our economy is going to succeed. We can fix it, make it, sell it design it etc etc but need to get our brand int o the new emerging markets where the people live namely asia. We just need to hope Boris doesn't lead us into a third war of adventure in asia and turn the locals against our branding. On a positive post Brexit not given up caring now about the economy and future of the nation, if it goes tits up sod it we can always go and get smashed with the smackheads

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Exactly
The EU may not be ferfect but its kept the peace among caucasion people who ahve a history of near non stop violence. Fab economy too, remember when it was a week in Aberytswyth or Rhyl and we were glad of it, now we go anywhere on Earth, we are so wealthy and safe really too, even a dolie is in the TOP 7% of wealth of Planet Earth. Minimum wage top 3%. What is wrong with people? Risk all this for what? Unpackaged Plaice? Plus we can live / stay where we want, it's a great place the EU. I'm horrified that we are being forced to leave such a wonderful place that most outsiders are desperately trying to break into for what? "Freedom to make our own future"lol

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

The devolved NHS in Scotland is doing fine mate , got any evidence to back that up ?
as the same with education in Scotland , got any evidence for your claims

I'm really sorry, but I can't believe that you are asking for that if you truly have an interest in how Scotland is faring. It's regularly on the news - not as opinion, but as fact - on increased waiting times across the board and reduction in available care. Similar cases of where the devolved budget on education isn't paying dividends, and if you really want to bring it up, how Scotland is the death by drugs capital of Europe. I wouldn't have mentioned it, but you seem to be questioning it.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

a reply to: uncommitted

I thought the nation voted for brexit , but wanted a deal , and were completely against no deal ?

I am just confused between what we vote for as the people and what MP's vote for

they voted they wanted brexit but with a deal ? (mp's)

the people voted for brexit

I meant that all MP's unanimously voted for a deal for brexit ? (sorry did they actually vote on that ?)

No, you said one country voted unanimously to remain, they didn't. The actual means of voting didn't give an option for deal or no deal. Many tory MPs voted to remain - that's hardly a secret, particularly over the last couple of days when several ministers appear to have lost their ministerial roles for having done so. I don't know if every single MP who represents a Scotland seat in Westminster did or did not - do you? More to the point, so what? Many posters on ATS have said on other threads that the MPs should respect the opinion of the majority of the UK rather than their own personal opinion whatever their own misgivings.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Sure nothing is set in stone but wehave it so good here in the EU................

Do we???

We have got used to being in a complacent trap.

Complacency stagnates our growth, deadens our vision, and stifles our creativity, it robs us from new opportunities and makes us averse to risk-taking. The only way to break ourselves free from the bonds of complacency is by challenging ourselves. Whether in a relationship or job, tell yourself that you can do better than where you find yourself today; never allow your heart from desiring and always surround yourself with people who will inspire you to push the envelop.

Why change something that works already?

Thats a matter of opinion......

EU BLOW: How Switzerland WITHDREW EU membership bid before Brexit referendum
SWITZERLAND withdrew its long-standing EU membership application a week before Britons voted for Brexit as it was claimed “only lunatics” would want to join the bloc at that time, newly-resurfaced reports reveal.

www.express.co.uk...

If no tariffs go o trade with the EU then hey evryone will be up for going independent.

They are waiting in the wings
taking notes for their own exits!!

edit on 25-7-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Braning is what it all comes down to really if Brexit does happen., we gonna lose quite a few foreign companies especially EU ones who will relocate Japanese etc too but they were always going to end up in Slovakia etc anyway in the long run. If anything is on post Brexit the brading is going to be them main focus if our economy is going to succeed. We can fix it, make it, sell it design it etc etc but need to get our brand int o the new emerging markets where the people live namely asia. We just need to hope Boris doesn't lead us into a third war of adventure in asia and turn the locals against our branding. On a positive post Brexit not given up caring now about the economy and future of the nation,

Oh ye of little faith.......I dont suppose you remember the time when the label

*made in Great Britain* on something meant it was a thing of quality.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

".I dont suppose you remember the time when the label

*made in Great Britain* on something meant it was a thing of quality."

Elethia I work in the heart of the industrial Midlands and do not need to remember such a label for that label still exists to this very day. Within a few dozen miles of here we make some of the top engineered goods on Planet Earth everything from Rolls aero engines, Bentleys, JCB's, Toyota's, Landies, Bae sites, ceramics, planes chains and auromobiles
All of these rely on existing in the worlds largest single market in a supply chain that is totally dependent on tariff free trade

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   

a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Exactly
The EU may not be ferfect but its kept the peace among caucasion people who ahve a history of near non stop violence. Fab economy too, remember when it was a week in Aberytswyth or Rhyl and we were glad of it, now we go anywhere on Earth, we are so wealthy and safe really too, even a dolie is in the TOP 7% of wealth of Planet Earth. Minimum wage top 3%. What is wrong with people? Risk all this for what? Unpackaged Plaice? Plus we can live / stay where we want, it's a great place the EU. I'm horrified that we are being forced to leave such a wonderful place that most outsiders are desperately trying to break into for what? "Freedom to make our own future"lol

Never give control and freedoms away for the promise of safety. Big mistake.
As for the standard of living - don't kid yourself. It's worse since being part of the EU.

edit on 25/7/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

".I dont suppose you remember the time when the label

*made in Great Britain* on something meant it was a thing of quality."

Elethia I work in the heart of the industrial Midlands and do not need to remember such a label for that label still exists to this very day. Within a few dozen miles of here we make some of the top engineered goods on Planet Earth everything from Rolls aero engines, Bentleys, JCB's, Toyota's, Landies, Bae sites, ceramics, planes chains and auromobiles
All of these rely on existing in the worlds largest single market in a supply chain that is totally dependent on tariff free trade

*QUALITY* is always in demand and always sells even at a premium. Are you really

trying to say none of ^^^that^^^ sold before we were in the EU?

The EU is a protectionist racket and not the only market ...... there are 195

countries world wide and the EU is only 27 countries thats 168 more countries. If

you only count a quarter of them they are still more than in the EU.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

This is actually pretty much exactly how I feel about the EU.

Its not perfect but its been working out for us so far so why change it.

Because the people voted to change it.
Pretty simple really.

edit on 25/7/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Exactly correct.
The people voted to leave.
There was never any discussion of a deal.
A good deal would be great, but if we don't get one, we just leave - as the people decided in the People's Vote of 2016.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

a reply to: Freeborn

he was asked today by the Lady from Plaid Cymru I cant mind her name

she said you have said you want no deal brexit
but will you go through with no deal brexit if it means losing the Union

so she asked , Union or No Deal brexit

and he said no deal all the way !

despite the fact that many companies and industries in the UK have said that no deal brexit means the end of their trading in the UK

so clearly not the best interest of the people , because people lose their jobs , he gets to keep his dream job

You seem to be struggling with the fact that Union vs Leaving has already been decided.
It's best you come to terms with it.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

I badly damaged my ankle three weeks ago and couldnt walk and was off work for 3 weeks

I walked into the Southern Queen Victoria and waited 10 minutes to get seen by a doctor in full waiting room
then waited a further 10 minutes to get an xray

I walked out with a moon boot and two crutches and was fine

I didnt wait for anything really , My dad went for a double toe operation earlier in the year and he didnt wait muich longer than a month for the operation as it wasn't life threatening or anything.

Aye all the NHS is under staffed and under funded and under pressure but they are still doing a damn good job !

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I have , Scotland is leaving the Union when we leave the EU

and such an auspicious date for us Scots

October 31st

celtic new year

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join