It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Jonson Elected as New Prime Minister of The UK.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: Flavian

Infrastructure Education Technology !

is what he said about links to various coastal towns who have been ignored in Britain

yet the HS2 wont go north into Scotland

yes yes but its all about Infrastructure in the Union !

But Boris has never been a fan of HS2 and has always seen it as a vanity project. It wouldn't suprise me in the slightest if that gets cancelled now.

I hope it gets cancelled. It's costing an insane amount of money and for what?

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

it matters to me if we have to pay for it yet cant use it , despite being better together

Infrastructure , Education , Technology should apply to the full UK and not just England .

Boris today was already found to have made a mistake and asked to apologise

when commenting on Nicola sturgeon taking over from Alex Salmond without a vote

yet she defeated Ruth Davidson by 61 votes.

Unlike Boris , who was unelected by a parliament , and was elected by his own party

that isnt democracy

Again the tories fail to govern and cling to power

# knows how

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   

a reply to: MrConspiracy

Vote you say , like the tories clinging to power despite repeated failures to do anything other than plummet the UK into financial chaos !

how can they still legally be in power they have failed and had two prime ministers step up to do the job

Absolutely! I'm not praising the Tories here. But we haven't had a general election since 2017 in order to do anything about it.

And even if we did - what would make that vote more credible than the referendum in 2016? Do we have a right to scream and shout for 3+ years because we potentially didn't get the result we want? And leave the country without a government? Because we simply can't agree as a nation?

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Vote you say , like the tories clinging to power despite repeated failures to do anything other than plummet the UK into financial chaos !

how can they still legally be in power they have failed and had two prime ministers step up to do the job

The biggest problem .......the elephant in the room is that the majority of

MP's of all parties wanted to remain in the EU and have stalled for three

years in the hope it would just go away evaporate.

I have to laugh at all the "We have to have another vote/referendum take

it back to the people. What ever gives them the idea that the result would

be any different....... and WHEN IT ISNT what do they intend to do

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

the problem is we are given the illusion of democracy , and offered an X in a box to say we have a voice

what a load of pish!

they will do what they see fit regardless of what we say !

we have a backlog of evidence to prove this

not that it makes any difference to me , but shouldnt there be a general election to find a party to lead us and not keep putting up dead conservatives who spend their lives just wanting the top job as prime minister , as that is all they care about the CV
rather than giving a # about the people of the UK

Do you really believe that a man like boris johnson has anyones interests at heart , other than his own self serving ambitions?

this is #in doom for the UK and I just cant wait to watch it burn , that is really sad , but its the best thing for each nation !

edit on 25-7-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
well we all know history loves to repeat itself because we apparently dont learn from our mistakes

so more war and profiteering as the poor get poorer and the rich well they keep circle jerking
as we watch !

once we are tired of watching , we eat the rich
and there is more rebellion

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

****Nissan to axe 12,500 jobs worldwide Nissan-plans-to-axe-12500-jobs-worldwide-
Nissan has announced it will cut 12,500 jobs globally over the next three years.****

just waiting for someone to blame brexit.......

But the Sunderland plant appears to have escaped

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Aye that's great news, but its just one company in a list of 1000 who operate in the UK

what about those who have said they will Up sticks and leave in a no deal scenario

here is just a quick look

Which companies have started downsising or leaving the UK before brexit

Also has anyone in government assessed the impact to small business or self employed business that generates income for the economy

do they even get considered or is it only the big boys who we let off with taxes that the government cares about ?

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: M5xaz

originally posted by: M5xaz

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Is it wrong that I'm amused by this?

I cannot wait for our guy and your guy to get together, the zany hijinks will be epic.

With Vlad sitting in the corner of the room....

Neither Boris' election nor that of Trump was because of Putin.

Grow up and put a cork in it !

Populations on both sides of the Atlantic have had ENOUGH of LIBTARDS, and their "results" ( rapes in Germany or Sweden, anyone ?)

Ohh I think someone has been triggered by the alien in the suit again.....

Where did I say that Boris winning the Conservative party leader election was the result of Putin.

Put up or shut up dude.

Actually just shut up your talking out of your ass because I never said that Boris won due to Putin.

"With Vlad sitting in the corner of the room"...

Do you speak English because that doesn’t mean he was involved. We were talking about when the world leaders meeting. Again I never said nor do I believe that Putin was involved in Boris winning the Conservative leadership contest. You are flat out lying and making that up.

Your pathetic just looking for crap that isn’t there because alien in suit bad.

Do you read what you write ?

You implied it and/or implied Boris/Trump are Putin-controlled.
Again - give it a rest.

The left will fail for as long as they push dingbat candidates like Corbyn or Hillary.

Alien in suit not necessarily bad, just very ill-informed

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

So you voted for the conservatives ?

Did you vote for the SNP which has systematically messed up the devolved NHS and education, has a clown in Westminster as their spokesperson who's only comments are about what he wants for Scotland and never, ever the betterment of the UK as a whole?

Or did you vote for Labour who can't decide whether the are pro or anti Brexit until they are comfortable which will win them most votes?

Or did you not bother to vote for anybody?

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   

but the fact that No Deal is what we have ended up with despite an entire nation in the Union voting against it unanimously
its likely that the no deal and being taken out of the EU will end the Union

isnt the Union the whole point ?isnt that what they are trying to protect against the EU or
is it just England that is being protected as that is all I hear Boris talk about , I havent heard him reference the Union
in this way , he just says "this country" and we are a Union of countries

but the fact that No Deal is what we have ended up with despite an entire nation in the Union voting against it unanimously

No they didn't, do you really mean that? 62% of those who voted in Scotland, voted to remain. 38% of those who voted, voted to leave.

One part of the Union (Wales) voted to leave 52% to 48%, actually, only 53.4% of those who voted in the UK voted to leave. 55% in Northern Ireland voted to remain, so again, not really a landslide.

So, no unanimous vote for either result in any country.
edit on 25-7-2019 by uncommitted because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

In the last election for the EU representative I voted for the SNP for the general election I voted SNP
havent voted Labour because of Iraq , havent voted Green because they arent green enough and many other issues they are #.
and I have voted for the SNP in the last few elections because I want Scotland to be independent and be free from conservative policy which has shaped Scotland for generations against our will.

OH I wonder why Ian Blackfords comments are always about Scotland because the Scottish voice is almost silent thanks to being ignored by the conservative party on many issues.

The devolved NHS in Scotland is doing fine mate , got any evidence to back that up ?
as the same with education in Scotland , got any evidence for your claims

The reason he only comments on Scotland is because he represents them , and Im sure he'd be willing to better the UK if Scotland was treated as an equal in the Union we are meant to be a part of .

As of this point the only other vote I'll ever make for the UK is another independence referendum
apart from that Im done with politics

its all a big illusion , and just absolute pish

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I thought the nation voted for brexit , but wanted a deal , and were completely against no deal ?

I am just confused between what we vote for as the people and what MP's vote for

they voted they wanted brexit but with a deal ? (mp's)

the people voted for brexit

I meant that all MP's unanimously voted for a deal for brexit ? (sorry did they actually vote on that ?)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Ahh you know what it doesnt really matter, I think I will just retire from commenting on political threads its all #in bull# anyway

Im just gunning for Boris to ruin the UK , so Scotland can be its own nation again and we can affect change on a level meaningful to Scots without having to go through another nation for permission
Im not holding my breath though

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

Dude quote me saying that because of Putin Boris won the Conservative party leadership context...

Quote me or shut up.

Not implying it, not joking about Vlad, Daddy trump and Boris sitting in a room together but actually saying that.

My god your lot are morons!

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   

it matters to me if we have to pay for it yet cant use it , despite being better together

Infrastructure , Education , Technology should apply to the full UK and not just England .

You don't complain that you get more per head from Westminster than the

English get? You have your own government......which gives you free care

perscriptions, tutition fees etc The English don't constantly moan about that!

Unlike Boris , who was unelected by a parliament , and was elected by his own party
that isnt democracy

The leader of ALL parties are never voted by the people ALWAYS by the party so

nothing shady there!!

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I thought the nation voted for brexit

CORRECT

but wanted a deal , and were completely against no deal ?

The ballot form said.......

Do you wish to stay in the EU

Do you wish to leave the EU

Where did it mention A DEAL

I am just confused between what we vote for as the people and what MP's vote for
they voted they wanted brexit but with a deal ? (mp's)
the people voted for brexit

The people voted Brexit which back footed all the MP's most of who wished
to remain, and thats why Brexit hasn't happened.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia
The people voted Brexit which back footed all the MP's most of who wished
to remain
, and thats why Brexit hasn't happened.

And all the civil servants, big corporations and big banks. I don't think the left have been so hood-winked so hard...

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   

an how does that actually benefit me , I havent felt the "more per head"
in any meaningful way .Also this whole more per head, where is that money as it doesnt look like it actually made its way north!
more like it made its way offshore

Hard to say that its a benefit when Ive been on a pay freeze because of austerity for ten years!

You think I should just quit working for the man
and get a job that doesnt come under civil servant !

I may just abandon society all together and go live in the trees!

I mean who really wants to contribute to a society that puts profit before people and planet!

I dont want to pay taxes to these #s !

# democracy ! # the UK

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

originally posted by: Flavian

Infrastructure Education Technology !

is what he said about links to various coastal towns who have been ignored in Britain

yet the HS2 wont go north into Scotland

yes yes but its all about Infrastructure in the Union !

But Boris has never been a fan of HS2 and has always seen it as a vanity project. It wouldn't suprise me in the slightest if that gets cancelled now.

I hope it gets cancelled. It's costing an insane amount of money and for what?

So wealthy Londoners can by mansions up north for the same money they can by a crumby flat in London but they still need to commute to the city.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join