It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Jonson Elected as New Prime Minister of The UK.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

go for it !

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:04 AM
link   

So you voted for the conservatives ?

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   
"Today is the first day of a new approach which will end with our exit from the EU on the 31st October"

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Boris makes me laugh, for all the wrong reasons.
He represents most of what I dislike about this country.

I think he's a bungling oaf who struggles to string a coherent sentence together and he is as far removed from the realities, cares and concerns of ordinary, everyday British people as can possibly be.
He spouts volumes of political rhetoric yet little of actual substance.

But we are stuck with him now for the time being and we have to hope that there is more to the man than his public persona suggests.

As you correctly state the priority at present is Brexit.
Until now it has been a complete and utter farce.
This is the one thing that Boris does seem to be at least talking the talk.
I think he may just deliver something that the majority of us voted for.

Does he possess the vision, intelligence, diplomacy and drive to move this nation forward post-Brexit whilst maintaining The Union?
I suspect not....however, I am prepared to judge the man on his acts and deeds and not just on my own pre-conceived opinion of him.

edit on 25/7/19 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

he was asked today by the Lady from Plaid Cymru I cant mind her name

she said you have said you want no deal brexit
but will you go through with no deal brexit if it means losing the Union

so she asked , Union or No Deal brexit

and he said no deal all the way !

despite the fact that many companies and industries in the UK have said that no deal brexit means the end of their trading in the UK

so clearly not the best interest of the people , because people lose their jobs , he gets to keep his dream job

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

I suspect not....however, I am prepared to judge the man on his acts and deeds and not just on my own pre-conceived opinion of him.

Like his statements on people of different ethnic origins , his bigoted statements about scots
and various other moments of pure genius

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

There are many other business 'experts' who believe No Deal will have no long term negative effect on the UK economy.

No Deal should have been our biggest bargaining tool in negotiations with the EU.
The simple fact is that No Deal will damage many EU countries at least as hard as it will the UK....which is why there are rumours of the democratically elected leaders of several EU nations - not the EU Commissars and bureaucrats - approaching members of Boris's team behind the scenes and discussing possible areas of compromise.

But it should not be a question of No Deal or The Union.
Neither should it be a question of Brexit or The Union.

We SHOULD be able to leave the EU and then work together for positive and real change in The Union.
We are far stronger together.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

So our American president TRUMPS this guy lol....see what I did there oh rimshot

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   

The reality is we can't do anything about him now being Prime Minister.

I think the man is a complete and utter oaf.
Yes, he's said and done some thoroughly unsavoury things.

But we have no other choice but to sit back laugh at the gaffs and hope he isn't quite as stupid a she appears to be and judge him on his acts and deeds as PM.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

So you voted for the conservatives ?

I'm very Tory. Low taxes, small government, big on military and economy (usually!). If you get those right, everything else falls into place (or should do).

Can't ever vote Labour as they are truly a large government party - state interference in huge aspects of day to day life and that is honestly anathema to me and my beliefs.

Could have ben tempted by Lib Dems at times (i am more a centrist Tory than right wing) but certainly no chance now. I may be a remainer but for the new leader to say the other day in interview that if there is another referendum and they lose that too, she would still campaign to overturn Brexit - that isn't democratic in any, shape or form.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Infrastructure Education Technology !

is what he said about links to various coastal towns who have been ignored in Britain

yet the HS2 wont go north into Scotland

yes yes but its all about Infrastructure in the Union !

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

There are many other business 'experts' who believe No Deal will have no long term negative effect on the UK economy.

No Deal should have been our biggest bargaining tool in negotiations with the EU.
The simple fact is that No Deal will damage many EU countries at least as hard as it will the UK....which is why there are rumours of the democratically elected leaders of several EU nations - not the EU Commissars and bureaucrats - approaching members of Boris's team behind the scenes and discussing possible areas of compromise.

But it should not be a question of No Deal or The Union.
Neither should it be a question of Brexit or The Union.

We SHOULD be able to leave the EU and then work together for positive and real change in The Union.
We are far stronger together.

This ^

The UK have voted to leave the European Union. If this is with "no deal" then the repercussions of our leaving will be just as drastic if not MORE drastic for the remaining member states. Look at how much the UK gives to the EU.

The "no deal" scenario should have been used as a threat towards Brussels. And I say "threat" because playing fair went out the window the minute the EU threw it's toys out the pram.
edit on 25-7-2019 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: MrConspiracy

but the fact that No Deal is what we have ended up with despite an entire nation in the Union voting against it unanimously
its likely that the no deal and being taken out of the EU will end the Union

isnt the Union the whole point ?isnt that what they are trying to protect against the EU or
is it just England that is being protected as that is all I hear Boris talk about , I havent heard him reference the Union
in this way , he just says "this country" and we are a Union of countries

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

You have to bear in mind that public Boris is not the real Boris at all. The Boris we all recognise is a carefully stage managed entity that has been 20 years in the making, with the aim of eventually becomming leader. He has carefully cultivated grass roots Tories (members) throughout this period, when others only pay lip service. This meant there would only ever be 1 winner of a Tory leadership contest if Boris managed to get to the last round or two.

Real Boris is highly intelligent. Never mind his extensive education at some seriously impressive establishments, you simply don't get to be a national editor at the age of 30 without proper intelligence.

I wasn't too bothered about Priti Patel being appointed either, i actually think she was pretty unfairly treated over her previous dismissal.

Dominic Raab on the other hand does give me grave concerns and i am not convinced with Sajid Javid although it does give me hope that we have a Chancellor who is an ex investment banker - whatever you think of this cabinet, at least they have some proper "real world" experience in terms of careers.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Infrastructure Education Technology !

is what he said about links to various coastal towns who have been ignored in Britain

yes yes but its all about Infrastructure in the Union !

But Boris has never been a fan of HS2 and has always seen it as a vanity project. It wouldn't suprise me in the slightest if that gets cancelled now.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   

but the fact that No Deal is what we have ended up with despite an entire nation in the Union voting against it unanimously
its likely that the no deal and being taken out of the EU will end the Union

isnt the Union the whole point ?isnt that what they are trying to protect against the EU or
is it just England that is being protected as that is all I hear Boris talk about , I havent heard him reference the Union
in this way , he just says "this country" and we are a Union of countries

I agree with what you're saying - But what alternative do you suggest?

The EU have made it almost impossible to come to an agreement.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I would have to disagree , all the argument and failure to come to an agreement in our own parliament is the reason we are at this stage , about to crash out of the EU with a no deal !

and that is because of the tories who orchestrated this whole mess, just so they few can benefit at the expense of the rest of the UK and the EU

I think what is best for the UK is that the prime minister actually gets something from brexit and as no deal is terrible
and I dont just mean something for himself and his wealthy friends but something worth while for the people who create the taxes !

I mean just because the majority voted for brexit ,it doesnt mean that the government should ignore the rest who wanted to stay in the EU and at least give us something for compensation for the financial uncertainty we are about to face instead of nothing but a promise of a strong future together , promises dont feed people

edit on 25-7-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

shouldn't matter to you...... You're intent on leaving?

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I mean just because the majority voted for brexit ,it doesnt mean that the government should ignore the rest who wanted to stay in the EU and at least give us something for compensation for the financial uncertainty we are about to face instead of nothing but a promise of a strong future together , promises dont feed people

It means they have to ignore them. Those who are protesting and, as you mentioned those in parliament, demanding another referendum are a huge issue.

This is a democracy - when a government is voted in we don't then refuse to comply. We re-vote once the initial result has been carried through for it's term. NO Brexit has happened and no "new" referendum should happen.

If it's no deal, then fine. But the country has waited long enough for their result to be carried out and it's an absolute slap in the face that it hasn't.

It's not ideal. But I honestly wonder what the alternative is now?
edit on 25-7-2019 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Vote you say , like the tories clinging to power despite repeated failures to do anything other than plummet the UK into financial chaos !

how can they still legally be in power they have failed and had two prime ministers step up to do the job

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join