It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Youtube channels lifting material from this site - have they used your material?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
I appreciate ya' man, but thread fail. Whiny. Unsubstantiated when asked for proof. Reveals a partial ego motive rather than caring that the subject matter gets out.

If you're producing content for the world it's gonna happen. And, yes, of course it's true that it does happen. Even among threads on this site.

It begs the bigger question: Is intellectual property a "thang" or is it a tool of the man and a major contributor to wars and other stuff. As a creative I haven't even answered that question fully for myself, but I do know that we're all a product of many people's ideas/influence and thus so is our content.

And, I've seen youtubers that make a living doing that and when it's a straight rip off it turns me off so don't get me wrong. Some of the forum members concepts here even make it into T.V./Movies/Books. I do personally believe in citing and giving credit...but more importantly: If the information has social worth nothing matters except that it gets to as many ears as possible right?

Having said all that, I do appreciate many of your threads and what you bring to the table.

No, I think you mistook the reason for the post. The MAIN reason i didn't contact him was b/c I felt that it was a compliment to use the data I posted and it DID reach a much larger audience than it would have here, which WAS the point I did the research in the first place. I don't have a platform to spread important information, but this person does, and if it is important, then I felt it was more beneficial that many more people than those on ATS heard what I had to say.

Now if it was something like a short story I had written with hopes of being published some day, then that would be a different story, but it was a political situation I felt people needed to see and question, and that channel did just that, so I sucked up my initial outrage and let it go, but did continue to notice it again, then I stopped watching all together.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

That's the spirit.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sovaka
Kind of like what you've done but in reverse?

See your topic here;
How to change political laws on guns - specifically suppressors

Source;

You've taken direct information from the video and presented it as your own.

Now I may assume that you haven't done this disingenuously but rather to share the information you found interesting.
However, you didn't credit, sight or link the source information.

Stones and glass houses and all that.

Please show me what content from that video is in my post, besides the BATFE part, which I've had an application on my computer for over 10 years, so it's nothing new. Is it the country thing? Nope that is from another forum I'm a member on where people make their own and the main members are people from countries where they aren't illegal.

So what information did I lift from that video? I didn't do anything buy skim a few mins here and there. DId they talk about harassing people to get them to change their minds as well? If so what were their ideas on it?

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

That's the spirit.

Thanks for the last part of your first response. I know I rub a lot of people the wrong way at times, but it isn't out of spite and is probably very often being taken out of context, not enough "PC supporting exceptions - like - "not all, but some of...."" as there are always people offended as they are the exception to the norm.

When I did notice their use of the thread, I did feel like they really should mention either the source of the data or that AT LEAST, the data was gathered by an outside source, but then IDK if people would take it with as much authority and they might not trust it as much. It's a sticky situation. But when I noticed that the underlying message of the thread was maintained and not manipulated, that is what made me decide that was the most important factor with the issue. Now had it been manipulated to support a totally different narrative, I don't think I'd feel the same.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

It's not just youtube.

T.V., movies, books, art, they are all taking from the ct community.

Because a bunch of crazy and imaginative stuff comes from them but none of them copy write it.

Think about the q threads. I could write a book based on just half the wild stuff they claim and no one could stop me.

If the ct crowd was smarter they would all be cashing in on what they write here on ats.....just saying.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Well, at least what we are saying here is being heard outside of this site. If you want to alter reality, hope that what you say here spreads like wildfire to fix the wrongs that are happening in our world. Even though the whole truth is not believed nowadays in society because society has been conditioned, once people get the truth from multiple sources that can be verified, it helps to set things right. A real lot of people benefit from people believing twisted information, and lots of big companies spread false things that can be easily debunked so people will ignore any more information that challenges their products or services.

The truth is not patentable, patents are reserved for deception or greed.
edit on 23-7-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I know people have used my material on other sites.

Ive both been asked, and have seen it without my permission.. I cant fathom why someone would do that, to be honest.

Theres not even a small part of me that cares. Though, it does amuse me
I have a bit of an idealogical stance on the issue though..

I cant imagine it happens often, with me at least. Aint nobody got time to read all that! Except for AI

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Just about every post I see on ATS , I have already seen hours before on GLP. Everyone is just repeating what everyone else is saying.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join