It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Saari Postcard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I didn't know about this artist at all. Today my stepson, while he was cleaning his room, found one old book I bought in the streets of NYC many years ago. I thought the book was lost so imagine how excited I was. I'll make a thread about the book soon.

So I was navigating through the pages and about the middle of it I found this really cool postcard, used as a bookmark. I wonder how rare it could be.

I had no luck finding the paint on internet. The exhibition date is November 29 - January 1, 1991.

About him :

Born in New York CIty in 1951, Peter Saari graduated from the graduate school of Yale University School of Art in 1976. He also attended the School of Visual Arts in New York and at the Tyler School of Art in Rome.Peter Saari creates antiquity by analyzing the conception of classical wall painting and decoration, and then reconstructs the ancient art with his own personal style.

www.qart.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   
As for rarity...they probably printed up 500-1000 of those for the gallery exhibit.
I did see a gallery announcement card for the same artist from 2009, online and they were selling for $15.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
As for rarity...they probably printed up 500-1000 of those for the gallery exhibit.
I did see a gallery announcement card for the same artist from 2009, online and they were selling for $15.

That's a good reference. Thank you. I guess it could cost a few buck more since it's little older. I won't sell it but it's nice to know it's kind of rare. I mean from 500-1000, how many survived until today. This one was hidden inside a book for all these years.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

It's in pretty good shape too.
Definitely worth hanging on to.

top topics

join