It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Passports are racist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
If it's racist to not accept any and all who sneak over our borders, then why the hell do I need to have and present a passport when I travel to other nations? Seriously, the current nutters who think the US should have open borders really need to be looking out for everyone. If i want to bring a few kilos of contraband back with me, there should be no deterrents or obstructions.

Why is it just brown folk who get a pass? I'm a lighter shade of brown in summer and I feel like I'm being singled out. Do I not have enough melanin in my skin to warrant some social justice? Light brown lives matter.

If you don't fight for my justice, you're a racist.

That is all.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Oddly enough when I went to Canada last year I was asked for my passport coming and going..

Indiana drivers license.
Indiana plates.
Indiana registration.

Papers please!!

Funny how that works...

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   
You know what grinds my gears?
The term POC
I'm peach
#PLM

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

I know right? I have white underwear, they dont match my skin tone. I feel I'm being targeted. Where is the ACLU in all this?

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
You know what grinds my gears?
The term POC
I'm peach
#PLM

Whenever I see someone use that acronym, I read it as "People Only Complaining" (POC). The reason is whenever someone uses it, it is ALWAYS part of some form of complaint or whine about race.

edit on 7/22/2019 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Amazing the mental gymnastics we're willing to do to deny the racism (and tribalism) inherent in all people. We prefer the company of our own in general, it's how we arrived at the Nation/States we have today. Trying to erase those borders flies in the face of human nature and preferences.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Amazing the mental gymnastics we're willing to do to deny the racism (and tribalism) inherent in all people. We prefer the company of our own in general, it's how we arrived at the Nation/States we have today. Trying to erase those borders flies in the face of human nature and preferences.

I mentioned this same thing to my 25 year old son. He was flabbergasted that I would ever say such a thing. I asked him to stop for a moment and think why all different cultures seem to enjoy living in the same neighborhoods?

He said, "yeah, they do, don't they?"

I gave a caveat. I said they do unless they are placed by the government in area's with other cultures. Or, if the individual has moved in economic mobility - and even that is rare. Now when someone has been taken over by economic liability, then they move to their "same" culture that has already moved. Definitely in the USA. Not sure of other places.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
If it's racist to not accept any and all who sneak over our borders, then why the hell do I need to have and present a passport when I travel to other nations? Seriously, the current nutters who think the US should have open borders really need to be looking out for everyone. If i want to bring a few kilos of contraband back with me, there should be no deterrents or obstructions.

Why is it just brown folk who get a pass? I'm a lighter shade of brown in summer and I feel like I'm being singled out. Do I not have enough melanin in my skin to warrant some social justice? Light brown lives matter.

That is all.

Tell that to the Mexican authorities as you try to sneak into Mexico to go buy something there to save money.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I dont know about tribalism but I can say i for one am not a self-loathing white man. We arrived before any form of government existed. There are exactly 0 countries in the entire world which have fully open borders. Let me guess, ...you have no skin in the game; No property, probably no children and you wish to bestow upon my family your selfless idealogies like open borders despite the health and security risks to my kin. I bet you also want to restrict my rights to protect them too. Thanks but no thanks.
edit on 22-7-2019 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   

It’s because most other nations on the planet are allowed to have borders and celebrate and protect their cultures, unless they are labeled as “white country’s”, in that case you have to have open borders and not vet a single person or your racist.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Damn right. I wanna travel to the UK and get me some of that "free healthcare" they like so much over there. They seem to want to export the idea but they sure as hell don't want to pay for the shipping.

I got myself a few health problems that will never be fixed if they aren't fixed for free. So why can't I just buy a pane ticket to the UK and go and see one of their nifty free doctors while I'm there and maybe stick around and live there for free too?
edit on 22-7-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 12:14 AM
link   

That is all.

There is a difference between talking about ethnicity, and ascribing some sort of bulk attribute to every person of that ethnicity.

For instance you can say that you like to eat Har Gow, which are Chinese shrimp dumplings, in a Yum Cha restaurant setting, and that isn't racist.

But to imply that all Chinese like Har Gow and that they eat lots of it all the time, is racial profiling and is also not the truth. It is racist to apply some sort of criteria, based upon race alone.

As nearly every country has some system of passport, they don't have a race. They also aren't racist, in the way they are normally used.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
Damn right. I wanna travel to the UK and get me some of that "free healthcare" they like so much over there. They seem to want to export the idea but they sure as hell don't want to pay for the shipping.

I got myself a few health problems that will never be fixed if they aren't fixed for free. So why can't I just buy a pane ticket to the UK and go and see one of their nifty free doctors while I'm there and maybe stick around and live there for free too?

It might be cheaper to travel to Canada, and avail yourself of their free healthcare.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

It might be cheaper to travel to Canada, and avail yourself of their free healthcare.

I didn't see anything there about giving free stuff to Americans who just walked into Canada and made themselves at home. As far as I know they'd expect you to leave at some point and do not consider your to be a Canadian citizen just because you're there.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 01:00 AM
link   

I didn't see anything there about giving free stuff to Americans who just walked into Canada and made themselves at home. As far as I know they'd expect you to leave at some point and do not consider your to be a Canadian citizen just because you're there.

Which, by gutless left wing pathetic clown world definition, means Canada is racist.

How dare they don’t automatically grant you 100% full citizenship just because you’re there. What a fascist totalitarian white nationalist regime they are.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Perhaps its time to stop using the word *racism* as a slur word based on prejudice

and bigotry and accept it for what it is *the belief that all members of each race

possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as

to distinguish it to another race or races.*

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

Which, by gutless left wing pathetic clown world definition, means Canada is racist.

How dare they don’t automatically grant you 100% full citizenship just because you’re there. What a fascist totalitarian white nationalist regime they are.

exactly. But Kiwi won't get that part.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Perhaps its time to stop using the word *racism* as a slur word based on prejudice

and bigotry and accept it for what it is *the belief that all members of each race

possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as

to distinguish it to another race or races.*

if we admit that, and all realized that different cultures should be cherished and explored, then each could have something to offer and would be unique and amazing. Like when you go to Chinatown and have a great meal, or go to little Italy for the same. I'd mention soul food, but I fear that's racist.

great though provoking post.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   

if we admit that, and all realized that different cultures should be cherished and explored, then each could have something to offer and would be unique and amazing. Like when you go to Chinatown and have a great meal, or go to little Italy for the same. I'd mention soul food, but I fear that's racist.
great though provoking post.

When I first started going abroad with my then young children before the EU

prior to departure they had their passports (the yearly ones
remember them)

and each had an envelope of their own spending money in foreign currency.....

lira, pesetas, francs D.mark etc. with from £1 down and the equvillent foreign

value written on the envelope.

Each countries food was different (no burgers then) and only pizza's in Italy. They

loved the differences....It was an education. Now everything is the same .....BLAND!!

"Vive la difference " I say

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I totally agree. It's exactly the same in the UK. Do not, I repeat DO NOT believe these Brexit eedgits who say we've lost control over our borders.
I have been going abroad for over 50 years, some times 7 or 8 times a year and every time I have to show my passport when leaving AND when re entering the UK. It really gets my goat when you have to stand in line with ALL the foreign nationals (with all their belongings in blue and white shopping bags) and you have to fight to get back into you own country.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join