It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CQB

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Take a look at my post here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

To do with a Minigun.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
For me, having fired such a beautiful weapon both on exercise and for 'real', it has to be the K&K MP5SD3 or the H&K MP10.

Even at 100 metres, on full auto, when that lovely little 3 round burst facility is used, even when the trigger is kept depressed. Result? Not more than a 3-4 inch group per mag! Outstanding!

Not much was known about this weapon until the SAS stormed the Iranian Embassy in 1980 and now, every man and his dog has got one or wants one. Good guys, bad guys, film makers and terrorists alike. All use these wonderful weapons incorrectly.

The H&K MP5 family are close quarter weapons best used for seige busting and the H&K MP5K is great for close protection BG work.

Either way, it is small, silent and deadly. As somebody said B4, only hammer is heard when firing and you have to strain to hear that!

The MP10 on the other hand, is just a 10 milly version of the MP5 and a S&W version at that, but it is so much noiser. Until they worked it out, firing the MP10 was very much like firing the old Sterling SMG.

Whatever happened to the MP10?

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
G36c

Caliber: 5.56x45;
Cyclic rate: 750;
Mag Capacity 30/100;
Modes of Fire: S/2/F;
Width 2.44in/60mm;
Heigh 9.72in/280mm;
Weight 6.28lb/2.8kg;
bbl. length 8.98in/228mm;
Overall Length 28.27in/720mm

[edit on 6-3-2005 by Wodan]

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Personnaly I would go for a Shotgun Probably an M870...I likt to keep it simple and sweet...and it's good for clearing rooms

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Shotgun = spray = chance to kill hostages.
Shotgun = slow rate of fire = chance to get shot.
(Genrelizatino of them.)

I'd still stick with the MP7A1, I've yet to see a reason not to. One handed, fast rate of fire, armour piercing, easy to reload, limited kick back, etc, etc.

What do the others offer that can beat it?

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
Shotgun = spray = chance to kill hostages.
Shotgun = slow rate of fire = chance to get shot.
(Genrelizatino of them.)
What do the others offer that can beat it?

Odium...all that you said is very true.
But it all depends on the situation, the place and the layout,
Number of intruders/enemy....it all factors in
I dont care to discuss my profession on ATS but I think I have a little clue of how this works.

[edit on 6-3-2005 by dev_add]

[edit on 6-3-2005 by dev_add]

RAB

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   
This is why it’d be my choice of weapon in a CQC situation. You’d not even need to carry a pistol as a side arm, as this is the same size as one!

The reason for having a side arm is in case you have a stop-age during the battle it's not fun having people shoot at you and your trting to clean ya gun. The other side may not like the idea of aving a time out so you can sort your crap out.

I like the MP5 but it's getting a bit heavy for example the UK police version scope, full stock, laser poin and a mag lite o and it'll only fire one round at a time. Personally give me a silencer and some hollow wish they made tracer in 9mm :-)

On the 5.56 stuff every 10th round fired was tracer helpfull for counting down to nill personal thing

sod it give me a one of these :
www.strategypage.com...

Not sure may boss would like that idea

[edit on 7-3-2005 by RAB]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:09 AM
link   
What I mean by it being the same size, is you can carry a second MP7A1 instead of a pistol.

So, if ony blocks you can switch to the other and have just as good a weapon. As well as not having to carry two different types of ammunition.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join