It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CQB

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Just wondering what weapon system people would prefer in a close quarters scenario, Obviously the main 2 are H & K MP5 or the lovely M4 carbine, I much prefer the MP5

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SC class 1
Just wondering what weapon system people would prefer in a close quarters scenario, Obviously the main 2 are H & K MP5 or the lovely M4 carbine, I much prefer the MP5

Why do you prefer it?

Experience?

Looks?

Firing Rate?

Muzzle velocity?

Accessories?

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Well firstly the recoil on it is non existant, The SD version, The only thing you hear is the hammer drop, Dont know about the M4, But the MP5 has great 3 round burst action. What do you think??

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SC class 1
Well firstly the recoil on it is non existant, The SD version, The only thing you hear is the hammer drop, Dont know about the M4, But the MP5 has great 3 round burst action. What do you think??

What hammer are you referring to?

Have you ever actually handled those weapons yourself?

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The HK MP7A1 and the 4.6 x 30mm family of high performance ammunition were developed to provide penetration and lethality approaching that of an assault rifle in a package small and portable enough to be carried like a handgun. Adopted by the German special operations unit KSK or Kommando Spezialkräfte in 2002, the MP7A1 is now available to U.S. military and law enforcement organizations.

www.hkdefense.us...

I'd go with that, it's small enough to be able to have two of them, it's meant to have the kickback of a pistol, able to shoot through 'CRISAT' armour and is easy enough to load/unload.

To me, it has everything you need for close-quarters combat.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
How about this for a close quarters weapon?
world.guns.ru...

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
ppsh 41

no seriously i would take a SCAR-H in cqb config.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Has the SCAR-H or any of the SCAR based weapons gone through testing yet? If so, got any links as I've only seen one/two images of them and nothing more or less?

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
They already have been selected by the us spec ops and as its from fn it propably it is good.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I know the SEALS are having it made for them, pretty much but just wanted to know if it has gone through the testing stage yet. Otherwise it could be a few years away?

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 06:56 AM
link   
MP5 defnitly. 3 round burst feature is brilliant and the SD is one of the silentist (is that even a word?) weapons on fully automatic fire!
Also the MP5k version with the collapsable stock is very small, light and easy to carry.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Close Quarters Combat:

To me, you want a gun that you’ll firstly be able to get a high rate of fire from, will have low kick back, easy to reload and also have bullets that can penetrate both armour and thin walls - such as plaster board, put preferable brick and weight next to nothing.

To me, the best choice would be the MP7A1 as I stated earlier. It can have a clip of either 20 or 40. It is claimed to have the kick back of a pistol, even while on full auto, can penetrate CRISAT body armour. It weights only 4lbs when loaded (20), so you could carry more then one (Just encase one blocked.) and with such a low kick back, it’d be possible to use two at once. But also due to the low weight of the weapon you’d be able to carry more ammunition and it can use a wide range of 4.6 x 30mm ammunition.

This is why it’d be my choice of weapon in a CQC situation. You’d not even need to carry a pistol as a side arm, as this is the same size as one!

www.hkdefense.us...

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
~snip~

www.hkdefense.us...

I'd go with that, it's small enough to be able to have two of them, it's meant to have the kickback of a pistol, able to shoot through 'CRISAT' armour and is easy enough to load/unload.

To me, it has everything you need for close-quarters combat.

Here's another good link.
www.hkpro.com...

Nice looking weapon there. That ammunition looks freaky freaky, lots of propellant. WOW! Muzzle velocity = 2378 f/s !!! That explains a lot of it's penetrating power.

That weapon has deer rifle muzzle velocity in a handgun package! Here's some tables of various muzzle velocities for my fellow nerds. www.recguns.com...

Reminds me of a caliber called .22 Jet, which I believe is a .38 round necked down to a .22 caliber bullet. That round could penetrate body armor as well, due to its incredible muzzle velocity.

Here's an H-K autoloader that shoots the 4.6 x 30 ammunition.
www.hkpro.com...

I like H-K autoloaders a lot, so for close quarters, I'm gonna go with 2 HK P46's ....one for each hand.

[edit on 5-3-2005 by tjack]

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   
What about the G3KA4
7.62 rounds and small and compact!
I think the germans use them dont they?

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Up close and personal, I want a 12g with slugs or buck shot. Glock 35 on my hip.

But my 45-70 GG would be a good CQB. One shot stops for sure.

Roper

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Although the G3KA4 is a small and compact gun, it still needs both hands to be used to its most effective. To me, this isn’t really acceptable.

The reason behind that is; in a small environment such as a building/house, you’ll have doors as well as problematic obstacles such as chairs, tables, etc. With the G3KA4 you don’t have a hand free, which I would want but with something like the MP7A1 you do. This could give you a better advantage while opening a door and having to shoot straight away. If that makes sense.

For information on the G3KA4 have a look at: www.remtek.com... it actually weights twice the MP7A1 while the G3KA4 is empty. To me, that‘s too much of a risk as even a few extra lbs can make the difference in a high-stress situation when movement and speed are needed.

And it only has a slightly higher muzzle velocity then the MP7A1 so to me, I don’t think the advantages it gives (ammunition) are worth the downsides (weight, two handed design and small clip).
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 5-3-2005 by Odium]

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   

The reason behind that is; in a small environment such as a building/house, you’ll have doors as well as problematic obstacles such as chairs, tables, etc. With the G3KA4 you don’t have a hand free, which I would want but with something like the MP7A1 you do.

Very well said.
If im ever gonna storm a plane or building i'll be sure to give u a call first.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   
world.guns.ru...

USAS-12 Tactical Shotgun

Type: gas operated semi-auto (select-fire version exists)
Gauge: 12 (2 3/4 in shells - 70 mm chamber )
Length: 960 mm
Barrel length: 460 mm
Weight 5.5 kg empty, 6.2kg loaded with 10 rounds
Capacity: 10 rounds box or 20 rounds drum detachable magazines

Daddy Likey!

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Again, I would say it is far to large. It is good for its ability to blow locks off of doors but it's nearly a meter in length, has a large kick back and you need two hands to use it.

To me, that's far to much of a risk and it's fairly heavy at 6.2kg loaded. Good weapon, but in a CQC situation I'd still say, MP7A1.

Originally posted by MickeyDee
Very well said.
If im ever gonna storm a plane or building i'll be sure to give u a call first.

Well, I'm from England so we're in the same Country if you ever need me.

[edit on 5-3-2005 by Odium]

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   

The perfect gun for Close Quarter Combat!
The terrorists would throw their guns away and s**t in their knickers!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join