It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From cages to hotels....still no good.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
a reply to: dfnj2015
Well, the easy answer to that is get all the "migrants", put them on a ship and send them to China.

And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: MRinder

It's going to cost money no matter what you do. Are you a Retardican who thinks immigrants should be summarily executed?

What is your solution Mr. Math Illiterate With No Morals?

It doesn't cost a penny to turn these illegals back. How ironic of you to call him the retard and illiterate.

Maybe it would cost lives.

It is already costing lives when they try to come into the country illegally. How many die on the way here? We know at least some. And how many Americans die because they are here? Healthcare costs have skyrocketed because our healthcare payments are subsidizing the healthcare of the illegals? How many Americans die or go bankrupt because of the artificially high healthcare/health insurance costs in this country?

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Did anyone else skim through the article and note that the government is offering to pay something like $3000 per month per room, with contracts upwards of 12 months at a time?
In my area that's twice the cost of a mortgage on a 2-3 bedroom house, which includes criminally high interest rates.
A slumlord could build an apartment complex for a million dollars and 'rent' out 2br apartments at incredible profit off the taxpayers back... which is a clear indication, to me, that if we're giving these people room and board for months on end that it shouldn't be profiting the private sector.
If the government is going to steal from my pocket to house people that shouldn't be housed, why should that money go back to someone elses pocket? Build and staff proper detention centers. At least that way it creates jobs for US citizens.
Better solution? Return to sender.

I mean, if you really need to close that border and can't figure out how, there's a sure-fire way to stop illegal immigration in its tracks: remove the laws that punish people for enforcing border security.
Within a day you'd have private citizens volunteering in shifts to guard that border- and they'll even bring their own ammo

Joking aside, though... serious question. Why don't I get an itemized receipt when I pay my taxes? I'd like to know how much I'm paying these hotels.
#, I can't even afford a hotel night for myself and the lady.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
HOTELS FOR HOMELESS VETS!

NOW, GODDAMMIT! RIGHT F**KING NOW!!!!!!

Homeless vets aren't usually voting for democrats so you can kiss hotels for homeless vets goodbye.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

originally posted by: Bloodworth
www.aol.com...

In an effort to keep families together and the fact that there is no more space...trump wants to use hotels to house refugees from south America.

But advocacy groups are agaisnt it.

So cages no good, hotel room no good.

On a side note, my buddy just arrived as a volunteer in Texas as a border guard.

What he describes is insane.

Build a center that holds 1,000, 2,000 show up the next day.
Its completely out of control...

We need to stop this appeasement policy, because they're making it clear that this isn't about helping people, it's ONLY about making Trump look bad.

Well, we already knew that because they never unleashed Hell against Obama for the exact same thing... But, if there was any doubt before, this should be all you need to see.

Just remember, next time they try to make us feel guilty about something we KNOW is BS... just give em the finger and go on about your way!

Some of them have wished for a recession and even a terrorist attack under trump.

What kind of person wishes to hurt the regular citizen because they dont like the president.

How far will they go to get their wishes.

Even with all trumps opposition he is still killing it.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Don't preach to me about Reagan. When he passed his amnesty bill, things were 180° different.

I'm not making this about Rep vs dem, I'm stating a fact that the democrats have been telling the illegals to come over here and promising all sorts of things that most people would come for, especially third worlders will little knowledge of how America works. They were against illegal immigration until about 5 years ago, so yes, THEY created this mess by pushing for its allowance. They don't even want to stop immigration anymore. It's not childish to point out reality.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

And? Maybe they shouldn't be promised the world to come here illegally.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I know right? When People Are in fear and in trouble there should be no place to run, because...no one wants you right.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Well, the easy answer to that is get all the "migrants", put them on a ship and send them to China.

And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

We can love our neighbor and still not support them breaking our laws to come here. There are legal ways of doing that and those who do it legally are accepted with open arms.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

The United states is bleeding to death and so many people dont realize its happening.

It's a questions of priorities. We have plenty of money to spend on the military. When it comes to military spending the sky is the limit!!!

Wow, you're a goddamned brilliant strategist... we're under wholesale attack on our southern border, so we should cut the military budget and use the money to placate the invaders. Bend over and ask for another and it all resolves itself, yeah?

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I know right? When People Are in fear and in trouble there should be no place to run, because...no one wants you right.

Okay then. How many are you willing to put up in your own home and support with your own money?

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Bull#. They're not running from anything. They're running to something that promised them everything. If you were a Syrian and Finland was promising the world to you, you would go all the way to Finland and not bother stopping in the other 9 countries you have to go through because asylum isn't your real motive.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

The United states is bleeding to death and so many people dont realize its happening.

It's a questions of priorities. We have plenty of money to spend on the military. When it comes to military spending the sky is the limit!!!

Wow, you're a goddamned brilliant strategist... we're under wholesale attack on our southern border, so we should cut the military budget and use the money to placate the invaders. Bend over and ask for another and it all resolves itself, yeah?

He's a democrat, that kind of robotic brain programming is in his DNA.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

He's not even a Democrat, most of them recognize the value of military expenditures. He's a progressive dreamer who supports the most ridiculous, entitled, and wasteful programs imaginable at the expense of sanity and common sense. He'll always pay his cable bill, often to the detriment of his rent and electric bill, then whine about why his landlord is up his ass or the electric company has threatened to shut him off. It's reassuring that while the movement towards total economic ignorance and high profile panhandling as a career path is growing, they still represent a minority even within the party that they latched onto like ticks in the woods. Bernie LOST to Clinton in 2016... for some bizarre reason, that fact comforts me because it indicates that even the majority of head-in-the-clouds Democrats recognize that money doesn't grow on trees and you can't rob Peter to pay Paul, especially when all Paul does is sit around with one hand out and the other thumb jammed up his ass all day.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

He's not even a Democrat, most of them recognize the value of military expenditures. He's a progressive dreamer who supports the most ridiculous, entitled, and wasteful programs imaginable at the expense of sanity and common sense. He'll always pay his cable bill, often to the detriment of his rent and electric bill, then whine about why his landlord is up his ass or the electric company has threatened to shut him off. It's reassuring that while the movement towards total economic ignorance and high profile panhandling as a career path is growing, they still represent a minority even within the party that they latched onto like ticks in the woods. Bernie LOST to Clinton in 2016... for some bizarre reason, that fact comforts me because it indicates that even the majority of head-in-the-clouds Democrats recognize that money doesn't grow on trees and you can't rob Peter to pay Paul, especially when all Paul does is sit around with one hand out and the other thumb jammed up his ass all day.

While true, progressives don't have a (P) by their name, they still have a (D) so I refer to them all as democrats. But I agree with your post 100%.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Maybe we need a different approach. Give these people housing and jobs. Then rather than just being a black hole for spending they can put some money back with economy. There are many corporations benefiting from prison labor. Maybe the solution is to get the same companies to leverage the migrants so there's some kind of economic benefit to all these people showing up.

How about we keep them out? How's the economic benefit with that? BTW what "jobs" are you going to provide to them, what housing too do you suggest?

Not calling you a liberal, maybe maybe not, but the liberals keep going in this direction with everything until they find out the cost then they freak out. It all looks good at first then someone needs to pay the piper...

Take homeless...give them housing and JOBS!!! Portland was very homeless friendly city...well until they came here. It was a "We Love The Homeless" Now they can't get rid of them fast enough. With very little logistical support the homeless piss/crap all over the place. They live in tents in any location that is somewhat flat. Companies have put combos on their bathrooms to keep them out, no port-a-potties from the the city to keep them from crapping in doorways... ETC ETC

Here is the kicker, we are talking only 15,000 that have created a huge problem in Portland....hows 200,000 - 400,000 people pumped into our small towns annually on the border look to make what you said above anything more than a pipe dream.

edit on 22-7-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I think we should all just sit here and talk and complain about it, non stop, like those in govt are doing. That'll get stuff done. Meanwhile....

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

We can love our neighbor and still not support them breaking our laws to come here. There are legal ways of doing that and those who do it legally are accepted with open arms.

Many, many have and would if the law allowed for it. People who are asking for asylum are breaking no laws. Many have been trying to be legal. Who do you think has their children taken away? these were people applying. But why am I telling you this, you already know.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Bull#. They're not running from anything. They're running to something that promised them everything. If you were a Syrian and Finland was promising the world to you, you would go all the way to Finland and not bother stopping in the other 9 countries you have to go through because asylum isn't your real motive.

Mexico has already offered asylum and they turn it down, so as you say asylum is not their true goal. It is just a way to get into the country and then disappear into the woodwork once in. Bring kids is also just a method to reach successful entrance and staying power, add in anchor babies to that list many too. They will use whatever advantage they can get and an army of border lawyers are there to help them remember the magic words.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Maybe you would lose some of your anger is we get lucky, maybe you could feel some peace with no need to worry over your finances being grabbed by none Americas or democrats.

NASA asteroid tracker: A 390FT rock will scrape past Earth closer than the Moon this week
2019 OD July 24 2019 01:44 PM 2 day 0.00324899111339483

200 ft one the same day
2015 HM10 July 24 2019 06:00 AM 2 day 0.0313477513579597

170 ft one same day
2019 OE July 24 2019 02:36 PM 2 day 0.00643488428050658
edit on 22-7-2019 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join