It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From cages to hotels....still no good.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

Democrats caused this mess with their promises of free wealth and health, they should build illegal immigrant quarters at their own homes for these people. They can pay for all the things these illegals need, and they can face any consequences that come from these illegals. If they don't like that, then they have the option of deporting the illegals.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015
Well, the easy answer to that is get all the "migrants", put them on a ship and send them to China.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

So fine companies hiring illegals who you say are in need of jobs. Wow, brilliant!

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: MRinder

It's going to cost money no matter what you do. Are you a Retardican who thinks immigrants should be summarily executed?

What is your solution Mr. Math Illiterate With No Morals?

It doesn't cost a penny to turn these illegals back. How ironic of you to call him the retard and illiterate.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   

It's going to cost money no matter what you do. Are you a Retardican who thinks immigrants should be summarily executed?

I must say that I always get a kick out of how Progressive's react when faced with reality. They always get angry because you have slightly broken through the wall of denial in which they live. It's so predictable.

As far as my beliefs, I don't think we should execute anyone. Not illegal immigrants or American citizens for that matter.

The solution is to not let them come in to the USA in the first place and if they do make it to send them back across the border as soon as possible. This is not because I am immoral as you say. It's because I believe the most moral thing the US government can do is to provide for it's own citizens first. In a country where we have so many homeless, people with less than adequate healthcare and health insurance, a lack of good paying jobs, and $21 trillion or so in debt the most moral thing is to take care of your own citizens first.

It seems immoral to me that any government put the well-being of non-citizens above the well-being of it's own citizens.

Now I may take a different stance if our own country was debt free and our own citizens were better off. But given the debt, the state of healthcare costs, and wages not rising with inflation then I have no moral choice but to say no more illegal immigrants under any circumstances. Not even for asylum.
edit on 22-7-2019 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Bravo MRinder for continuing to intelligently debate given the response you had to go off of.

You right there did the #1 thing we all need to do to move this country into a better position, you kept the dialogue open and discussed. If everyone could simply do that, we'd be far better off.

My hat is off to you sir.

cheers

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   
One thing that is never discussed is jury duty. Most lose income serving jury duty. It drags the country down because millions are entering who can't serve jury duty.

The more this happens, the more times citizens will have to serve jury duty because illegal aliens do commit crimes, are accused of crimes and need lawyers and juries.

No telling what the economic impact is on the economy but It would be in the billions for starters. It's not just income loss either. It's also production loss. I have been called up 3 times in 5 years. Each time it postponed my projects and cost the company even more money.
edit on 22-7-2019 by Stupidsecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGreazel

Were that it was all that simple Greaz.

If we gotta spend money i rather see that being spend on projects in their homeland , to make the situation better so that they have a decent life.

When you say ''we'' gotta spend, who are you talking about? Us, the US taxpayers? Look at this thread already and there are people who do not want to spend taxpayers money on anyone else then themselves.

Even if we did, what kind of projects could be started in those poor countries. They would need to be either production jobs or service jobs. Production jobs would only work it the people they hoped to supply with product had the money and the need or desire for the product. Simply producing more crappy impulse items to sell around the world would run afoul of th larger companies around the world that already supply that crappy stuff.

And service jobs, well once again in their own local areas who could afford it. The primary driver of any service economy is are there people who can be reached with the service who can afford it.

At this point, it is a capitalist world where profit reigns supreme. If there is no profit in establishing a company to provide product or service then no capitalist will spend the money to do so.

A solution to this problem is for corporations to outsource jobs to those nations but we know how that looks to Americans. Sending ''our jobs'' over seas only pisses Americans off.
edit on 31America/ChicagoMon, 22 Jul 2019 10:37:30 -0500Mon, 22 Jul 2019 10:37:30 -050019072019-07-22T10:37:30-05:001000000037 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Maybe we need a different approach. Give these people housing and jobs. Then rather than just being a black hole for spending they can put some money back with economy. There are many corporations benefiting from prison labor. Maybe the solution is to get the same companies to leverage the migrants so there's some kind of economic benefit to all these people showing up.

They are mostly illiterate, cannot read or write.
Cannot speak English doesn't help.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
One thing that is never discussed is jury duty. Most lose income serving jury duty. It drags the country down because millions are entering who can't serve jury duty.

The more this happens, the more times citizens will have to serve jury duty because illegal aliens do commit crimes, are accused of crimes and need lawyers and juries.

No telling what the economic impact is on the economy but It would be in the billions for starters. It's not just income loss either. It's also production loss. I have been called up 3 times in 5 years. Each time it postponed my projects and cost the company even more money.

You bring up an interesting point, because an illegal immigrant can't serve on jury duty, thus a built exemption. The problem is that jury duty is assigned by DMV records, so in states that allow illegal's to get driver's licences, they still are in the jury pool, which is a big waste of resources.

In the US jurors are selected by various means. The voter’s registration used to be the only method, but folks stopped registering so they wouldn’t have to be bothered to do jury duty… a sad comment on our society. So now they also use the records from the DMV and property tax records.

www.quora.com...

As for hotel's, from a practical standpoint, if illegal's are costing $750 each a day to house, it might make sense to put families that have absolutely proven they are related to the children in hotel's until they can be processed, and likely sent back to their home countries. You could put up a family of 4 for around $100 a night, and solve the problem of showers, soap and basic hygiene needs. IDK, it's a mess !

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Lol, that's funny.

Liberals be like accept all. Immigrants or should we just execute them all...lol

Facts. Reality. money and a budget are not part of a progressives plan

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Wow, nice. And people wonder why both sides are so apart. We have an immigration problem and you just go into the insult mode as a way to change hearts and minds. Oh right, the Republicans lack those two things right?

We need to figure out a way to prevent the illegal entry of 100,000's of people entering, not hurl insults at each other.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth
www.aol.com...

In an effort to keep families together and the fact that there is no more space...trump wants to use hotels to house refugees from south America.

But advocacy groups are agaisnt it.

So cages no good, hotel room no good.

On a side note, my buddy just arrived as a volunteer in Texas as a border guard.

What he describes is insane.

Build a center that holds 1,000, 2,000 show up the next day.
Its completely out of control...

We need to stop this appeasement policy, because they're making it clear that this isn't about helping people, it's ONLY about making Trump look bad.

Well, we already knew that because they never unleashed Hell against Obama for the exact same thing... But, if there was any doubt before, this should be all you need to see.

Just remember, next time they try to make us feel guilty about something we KNOW is BS... just give em the finger and go on about your way!

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
HOTELS FOR HOMELESS VETS!

NOW, GODDAMMIT! RIGHT F**KING NOW!!!!!!

link   
For a good analogy to the moral responsibility to put our country and its citizens first, what kind of parent would let it's own children go hungry or homeless or less healthy while at the same time that they fed, clothed, housed, and paid for the medical care of the neighbors children? What kind of parent would run up debt and continue running it up in order to take care of their neighbors children while putting their own children at financial risk?

link   
I got a better one.

RETURN TO SENDER.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

It's not wasted money if the money spent creates increase economic activities.

Look up the Broken Window Fallacy... that money is definitely being wasted if you are simply looking at dollar/resources being spent on non-productive outcomes, while claiming that means "things are better with the economy"
edit on 22-7-2019 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

The United states is bleeding to death and so many people dont realize its happening.

It's a questions of priorities. We have plenty of money to spend on the military. When it comes to military spending the sky is the limit!!!

Well according to your logic military spending is good for all of us because it creates economic activity. You can not dispute that it creates enormous economic activity because we spend a boat load of money on defense.

I happen to think excessive military spending does not really benefit the economics or our country any more than supporting the financial needs of illegal immigrants. There is no net gain, well unless you factor in all of the new non-military products that get created from military R & D, but even then it probably doesn't cover the cost.
edit on 22-7-2019 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Democrats caused this mess with their promises of free wealth and health, they should build illegal immigrant quarters at their own homes for these people. They can pay for all the things these illegals need, and they can face any consequences that come from these illegals. If they don't like that, then they have the option of deporting the illegals.

Why is is always Rep verese Dems, only children see life this way.

A Reagan Legacy: Amnesty For Illegal Immigrants

2.9 million people came forward

Reagan "knew that it was not right for people to be abused," Simpson says. "Anybody who's here illegally is going to be abused in some way, either financially [or] physically.
They have no rights." Peter Robinson, a former Reagan speechwriter, agrees. "It was in Ronald Reagan's bones -- it was part of his understanding of America -- that the country was fundamentally open to those who wanted to join us here." Reagan said as much himself in a televised debate with Democratic presidential nominee Walter Mondale in 1984.
"I believe in the idea of amnesty for those who have put down roots and lived here, even though sometime back they may have entered illegally," he said.

www.npr.org...

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

It doesn't cost a penny to turn these illegals back. How ironic of you to call him the retard and illiterate.

Maybe it would cost lives.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join