It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From cages to hotels....still no good.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
www.aol.com...

In an effort to keep families together and the fact that there is no more space...trump wants to use hotels to house refugees from south America.

But advocacy groups are agaisnt it.

So cages no good, hotel room no good.

On a side note, my buddy just arrived as a volunteer in Texas as a border guard.

What he describes is insane.

Build a center that holds 1,000, 2,000 show up the next day.
Its completely out of control...

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

And sooner or later they all need jobs , homes , furniture , bought and payed for by the american taxpayer.

Who don't get free homes , furniture and stuff like that.

Half the world is eligible for economic refuge , we in the west can't feed all those mouths how hard as it sounds.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Maybe we need a different approach. Give these people housing and jobs. Then rather than just being a black hole for spending they can put some money back with economy. There are many corporations benefiting from prison labor. Maybe the solution is to get the same companies to leverage the migrants so there's some kind of economic benefit to all these people showing up.

edit on 22-7-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

The whole situation reminds me of the knight in Monty python's the holy grail.

Arms and legs cut off...
"Mearly a flesh wound"

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGreazel

I think your way of thinking is narrow minded. Economy comes from commonwealth. It's not wasted money if the money spent creates increase economic activities. Sure the money spent can always be more efficient for effective. Bet getting something back at all is better than nothing.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Who is which knight in your metaphor?

+19 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

The United states is bleeding to death and so many people dont realize its happening.

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I think your way of thinking is narrow minded. Economy comes from commonwealth. It's not wasted money if the money spent creates increase economic activities. Sure the money spent can always be more efficient for effective. Bet getting something back at all is better than nothing.

LOL, more liberal economic logic. Reminds me of something Nancy Pelosi would say. The money spent on each illegal immigrant family would have to increase economic activity enough so that all the taxes from that activity offset the cost. That would be impossible due to the fact that people only pay taxes on the profit. The progressive's lack of math skills and common sense is frightening.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Since when are people allowed to just march unchecked into any country they like and then ask to be treated better than paying tourists?
If borders mean nothing, well why don't we all just walz into anywhere we like. France, Bulgaria, Canada, Germany, hey, who needs frigging passports if you can just take your kids and grandma's and everyone you fancy, take your stuff and then demand a house or a room somewhere.
Hey why not commit a crime somewhere and then fly to another continent and make house wherever you like?

Anyone who thinks the above is a smashing idea might want to extend this to their home and garden. Why not, if you are so lax with borders and safety, hey go the whole way and let unknown people camp in your living room.

Damnit. Why are illegal immigrants treated so nicely? They are criminals. I know why, they use their children as a safety cushion. It's not that they love them, forcing them through the gruelling heat of the desert, they are there, because they think with a kid, nobody would put you somewhere awful.

Then if they do separate them [they have broken the law and the kids will go somewhere nicer] than the illegals moan and say their human rights blablablabla...just hold them somewhere, report them to their country's CPS and have their kids removed for being put into such massive danger.
Then send the parents back.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   

It is oke to disagree , thats why i gave you a star.

If we gotta spend money i rather see that being spend on projects in their homeland , to make the situation better so that they have a decent life.

We can take them in ofcourse , but that does not solve the problem on a long term.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreazel

It is oke to disagree , thats why i gave you a star.

If we gotta spend money i rather see that being spend on projects in their homeland , to make the situation better so that they have a decent life.

We can take them in ofcourse , but that does not solve the problem on a long term.

Why ask your neighbours to build up their economy, infrastructure and ensure an equal way of life for all, when they can watch you build yours and then just say "Oi, let me in or else!"

Give a man a fish, he's fed for a day.... and he'll be at your front door demanding more fish later.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

It's going to cost money no matter what you do. Are you a Retardican who thinks immigrants should be summarily executed?

What is your solution Mr. Math Illiterate With No Morals?

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I agree. A better long term solution is to "help" foreign governments so there's no incentive for their citizens to come here in the first place. But most Republicans are against policies targeted at prevent immigration in the first place because it costs money.

Again, just like Iran, it seems the US military is the only solution the Republicans are willing to pay for.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Close the border.
Perfect solution.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: MRinder

It's going to cost money no matter what you do. Are you a Retardican who thinks immigrants should be summarily executed?

What is your solution Mr. Math Illiterate With No Morals?

Easy there... People have different opinions on this subject, but that doesn't mean they're immoral.

I think we should enforce the rules already in place. This will protect immigrants by placing them under the protection of anti-exploitation laws already in place.

We could simply punish employers who hire illegals, and revamp the E-verify system while reforming temporary visas for seasonal workers.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop

We need to get the CIA out of drug importing so the drug cartels do not have such a death grip over their country's people. Maybe the problem is all the factories in Mexico have closed because all the manufacturing moved to China. Maybe it's time the US addresses the Chinese pegging the Yuan to the dollar 6 to 1 thereby making manufacturer outside of China unfairly expensive.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Close the border.
Perfect solution.

How much would that cost by your estimates? How would you do it? Build a wall? Build a moat? Close of the military bases in Europe and create new ones on our southern border? Start a war?

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

The United states is bleeding to death and so many people dont realize its happening.

It's a questions of priorities. We have plenty of money to spend on the military. When it comes to military spending the sky is the limit!!!

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Where do we get said housing and jobs?

This is why many on the right don't take the "solutions" from the left seriously... Because they propose giving immigrants better benefits than our own citizens.
edit on 22-7-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Well first of all I have said many times to bring our entire military home.
Secondly I would much rather spend the money keeping people out than paying for them to be here.

Ask anyone working in a hospital how much illegals cost them. Its staggering.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join