It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Female Thor ?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
This is hilarious LMAO

There is a female Thor in the comics and it's actually a very good storyline

FFS There's been a Thor that was a frog and actually loved by the fans

People taking issue with this "new" Thor know nothing about the comics at all and need to simply keep their whiny mouths shut. Marvel's Thor has never been meant to be a literal translation of the mythical Thor. Stop connecting the two as the same.

Anyone that saw Dark World should gave known that's where the Thor movies may go with Natalie's character taking over at some point. She left the franchise and it's believed what Taika Waititi did with Ragnarok that changed her mind to come back. Now it looks like they're going back to their original plans.
edit on 23-7-2019 by nightmare_david because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: SulfurMercurySalt
a reply to: valiant

Thor existed long before Marvel comics ! Read your myth and not comics and you will understand the great rolls that gender played in them . I celebrate diversity , but stand against the destruction of a based narrative ( men are strong and kick much mule ) for a baseless narrative of physical warrior women . I love Stranger Things 3 , yet Nancy kicking all the ass to save poor androgynous Steve is so dangerous . Women are running around thinking they are tuff and are equal to men in a fight are looking for a harsh dose of reality .

Your part about Nancy saving Steve through ST3 proves you didn't even watch ST3

They were apart for most of the season. Nice try though. Steve not being a great fighter against HUMANS has been a joke since Season 1. You didn't mention that he's taken out demogorgans left and right.

The rest of your post was actually sickening and extremely pathetic. Never ever refer to yourself as a man because you're not a man at all lmao.
edit on 23-7-2019 by nightmare_david because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: nightmare_david

a reply to: valiant

Thor existed long before Marvel comics ! Read your myth and not comics and you will understand the great rolls that gender played in them . I celebrate diversity , but stand against the destruction of a based narrative ( men are strong and kick much mule ) for a baseless narrative of physical warrior women . I love Stranger Things 3 , yet Nancy kicking all the ass to save poor androgynous Steve is so dangerous . Women are running around thinking they are tuff and are equal to men in a fight are looking for a harsh dose of reality .

Your part about Nancy saving Steve through ST3 proves you didn't even watch ST3

They were apart for most of the season. Nice try though. Steve not being a great fighter against HUMANS has been a joke since Season 1. You didn't mention that he's taken out demogorgans left and right.

The rest of your post was actually sickening and extremely pathetic. Never ever refer to yourself as a man because you're not a man at all lmao.
steve is a badass!

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Comic Vine - Thor Comparisons

So, for those that care - there is an interesting thread over at Comic Vine about Thor and how much it sold, etc.

I checked out the first issue of the comic, I didn't care for it. A lot of the writing seems cringy, the sitution manafactuered and it looked like a comic designed to pander.

Not that any of it is bad, I mean, it's a business - you gotta do what you gotta do to make money. Comics people need to eat and pay bills like the rest of us.

And in comics, periodically, they do weird things to the characters...kill them off, bring them back, turn them evil or good, gender-swap, race-swap, alien-swap, clone, bring in alternate-universer's, etc.

Bottom line is that it is their IP and they can do what they want with it and we can either support it or not support it by opening our wallets - be it in the comic book industry or the movie industry.

Part of all that mess is why I stopped collecting comics and rarely read them. I know I didn't care to have the heroes I grew up with switched all up and changed to some unrecognizable shadow of what I knew them as.

But I NEVER liked it when my heroes were treated poorly or changed or whatever. I'm a bit of a traditionalist like that and don't accept many changes very well when it comes to such things in my entertainment media.

And it's why I don't like a lot of what's going on right now either. It's why I probably won't see most of the phase 4 marvel movies. But I am sure plenty of people will and that's alright, I have plenty of other entertainment to consume to keep me busy and (fortunately) most of it isn't as expensive as going to the movies has become.

I've enjoyed the ride, but as the saying goes - all good things must come to an end.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: nightmare_david

Just for the record -

The Thor of the comics IS meant to be a literal translation of the mythological Thor. That is why they lived in Asguard, Odin was his father, Loki his brother, etc. Sure, Marvel made changes and adapted the myth, but that's often what you do when you tell well known stories and want to add your own spin onto the whole thing or fit it into your own world's cosmology.

Norse mythology is not the only mythology that finds its way into the Marvel Universe.

It's your opinion the female Thor is a good storyline and one I respectfully disagree with. I found it to be very poor and didn't really follow past reading the first issue. I did check a few others, to see how it progressed, but I didn't really read them and I didn't find their quality to be any better. But that's just my opnion. We obviously like different comic media.

I didn't like Frog Thor either.

Portman reportedly left because the female director attached to the movie also left and was unhappy with how that director was treated. She wsa still contracted to be in a 3rd Marvel movie and apparently Avengers Endgame didnt' count (it was just her voice, not her in the movie, that was old footage).

here's a pretty good link for that if you're interested.
Portman and Marvel

Support or don't support what their doing with the IP they own. Male Thor can live on in fan fiction. Gods know I ignore the last 2 Harry Potter books and take some of the well written fan fiction for the cannon I accept...and move on. lol.

Life is too short to get upset and spiteful about it all.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Natalie Portman worthy to hold an swing my hammer along with Scarlett Johansen!!!

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   

This has to stop ! American and Western Europe are dens of feminism ! Women need to find their own Identity ! Taking a virile male God of war and making a women out of him ? What are women going to do when brutes are at Rome’s gate ? Oh yeah the men will shiver under the bed while the women kicks everyone’s mule . Im sure the Russians and Iranians fear and respect our Hipster bi- sexual men and completely fear our Hipster bi-sexual women . Lol We are doomed !

The Character actually replaced the original Thor for a while in the comics long before all this feminist bull crap.

I saw this coming a mile off because having the character actually in the first two movies and frequently mentioned in all the others meant that the character wasn't going away completely and that ultimately meant that they had plans for her.

I'm usually up in arms and dead against this feminization of Hollywood, but I'm actually OK with this one.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale
a reply to: LABTECH767

Not to worried about Thor but have you heard what they are doing to our poor 007, turning him into a her, a black female.

OO agents have been female in the past.

Depicted at least twice in older James Bond movies, the first being in1965s Thunderball with Sean Connery and then again when Pierce Brosnan was Bond in the World is not enough.

No one ever said that women couldn't be a 00 agent, hell it would be nice to see more female 00 agents on screen... just not 007, that's Bond. Plain and simple.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SulfurMercurySalt

I feel your pain only on the level of my beloved Ariel being completely changed.....the entire undersea is gonna change.

I am a female and there should not be a female Thor! THOR IS MALE! Ugh....this stuff is getting so ridiculous!

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

That is why I don't like Marvel/DC comics.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
So yeah, female Thor is dumb, but it's nothing to get worked up about.

It is as dumb as the creator/writer/producer

originally posted by: watchitburn
I'd be willing to bet the movie will be fun to watch too.

I bet I'm going to have fun laughing at feminist Thor.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: SulfurMercurySalt

Can't wait for the new male Wonder Woman , that movie will be deep and meaningful.

Hollywood has been dying for a while , this reversing of roles is just a desperate but feeble attempt to stem the decline and breath new life into a hopelessly lost industry.

There already is one, Steve Rogers, the gayest neutered superhero yet.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
a reply to: JustJohnny

I’ve been up all night we had one of those family things . So excuse me if I’m a little slaphappy posting.

Nobody talks much about how they’re doing a double whammy on us. They’re replacing male roles with female leads in the movies. But they’re also inventing new characters or re-writing female characters to take a larger role in TV shows . A offhand guess would be about 6 or 7 out of 10 movie/TV scripts are being written for female leads as heroes. Most of the time they are the baddest character on the screen . A 130 pound chick can beat up seven guys at one time . I’ll see if I can remember a few of the shows . Killjoys, dark matter, agents of shield, legends of tomorrow , the 100, ( I guess you get my point) .

And I hope I didn’t mess in the back stories or graphic novels about killjoys and such .

at least 20 years ago Mike McConnell a talk show radio host on WLW said. What we are looking at in the future is the feminization of the American male .

I thought it was funny then.

But with the way the beta males sit around and take this crap in stride .

I’m not laughing anymore .

Lmaooo thats probably because incels don't have a very good sense of humor.

Why are you guys so threatend over someone playing a character in a movie?

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: BuckyWunderlick

Don't watch it then real simple its not like hollywood or marvel studios are gonna miss ya. Believe me the movie will do just fine regardless if any of the insecure males in this thread see it or not.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The belief that the intent of the movie is anything but woke-ism is an ignorant one.

This will be one of the biggest Disney bombs of all time.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale
a reply to: LABTECH767

Not to worried about Thor but have you heard what they are doing to our poor 007, turning him into a her, a black female.

OO agents have been female in the past.

Depicted at least twice in older James Bond movies, the first being in1965s Thunderball with Sean Connery and then again when Pierce Brosnan was Bond in the World is not enough.

Bond women were usually double-DD and/or had cute little tattoos named Octopussy, with names like Holly Goodhead, Xenia Onatopp, Honey Rider, and Pussy Galore. That's why men paid over and over to see and own the films. Nobody wants to see a militant muscular testosterone-filled manly woman with a social agenda axe to grind.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
This is just another attempt at a "take over" of everything men have accomplished, and the women of Hollywood are trying to convince others that THEY have achieved greatness. We've all heard about women the past few years, how could you not? They pat themselves on the back every step they take. What they're really doing is just taking what Men have created and just microwaving it and adding a woman. They did the same with the first woman's PPV in WWE. They went back through history and took every great main PPV matches of men (TLC match. cage match, Battle Royal etc.) and then just put them all into one show so that it would make the women look more exciting than the men. It won't work, because all they're doing is just ripping the achievements of men off. They can't seem to do anything original. So, this THOR movie will do about as good as...I would say worse than Ghost Busters did. The same for the New James Bond...which is a woman...with a man's name. Sigh. Anyway, it will fail because it's clear that this is just another rip off. Stick to your romance novels and movies (that real men never even watch). The only action flicks that women can seem to do...have already been done. Do something original for once and stop stealing. It's pathetic. You will not be the new super hero's of the future. You're just riding the coat tails of men...again.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

NORSE.. not north. but i kinda agree they didn't really delve into the mythos.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The people whining about this still don't get this:

IT'S FOLLOWING THE STORY FROM THE COMICS

In the COMIC there is a female Thor

There's been female versions of pretty much every single freaking male Marvel character. Almost the same with DC Comics. You people complaining are complaining over something you obviously know nothing about and need to get that in your heads.

You people realize that Iron Man is eventually going to become a female also, right? In the comic Tony chose a 15 year old African American girl to replace him. She's called Ironheart

Nobody is sure where they're taking the Iron man character in the films yet. It's either going to be her or the boy from Iron Man 3 who briefly appears at the end of Endgame. I'm praying they make it the female African American girl since that's the comic story and it would likely make you throw some seriously huge hissy fits that I wouldn't want to miss. Especially from these insecure "men" on here. Some of you "women" are just as bad.

Don't complain about something you clearly know nothing of. Just proves how ignorant some of you truly are. Complaining about any little thing you can.
edit on 24-7-2019 by nightmare_david because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I read it's all about diversity.

Won't be long now and we'll have an African American superman; maybe even a black woman.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join