It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran sentences 'CIA spies' to death after 'breaking ring'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

The stench of ignorance from you is overwhelming

Are you sure ?
The old saying goes - "he who smelt it , dealt it"
Just sayin what came to mind .

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

I suppose at the end of the day, if you are a spy in Iran (given the current climate) then what do you expect. Maybe if a suitable furore is raised then sentences might be commuted to life.

Pretty much my take.
I remember when some American tourists were caught along the border and everyone said they deserved a Darwin Award.
If you are a CIA agent in Iran, they would deserve a triple Darwin Award.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Wonder where they got the list from ??/ Who has visited there lately?? Tis the season for treason maybe??

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Wonder where they got the list from ??/ Who has visited there lately?? Tis the season for treason maybe??

There was no list. In a dictatorship these "arrests" happen all the time. Rarely are the people actually spies more than likely just troublemakers who disagree with the government.

Best way to maintain control kill all the people that challenge you.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

I don't understand what you mean by "are we safe with IRAN around?"

IRAN will never invade your country. Even if there was a slaughter/invasion/war with IRAN you will still be safe.

Have they done something to make you feel unsafe?

really dude

Think back brother....Iran and Russia are goin for Israeli oi l under the Golan Heights

They swear the death of Israel and U S A . .....fella really

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Think back brother....Iran and Russia are goin for Israeli oi l under the Golan Heights

You have an arguement for Iran, but not for Russia.

Russia for the longest time was giving Israel open reign in Syria so long as they let Russia know. Russia even let them hit Iranian assets with no backlash.

Russia seems to be distancing themselves on Iran the more belligerent they have gotten.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

Enough said

Indeed, you've said quite enough
Could say much more but it would be so wasted on one so blinkered as you.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: GBP/JPY

You have an arguement for Iran, but not for Russia.

Russia for the longest time was giving Israel open reign in Syria so long as they let Russia know. Russia even let them hit Iranian assets with no backlash.

Russia seems to be distancing themselves on Iran the more belligerent they have gotten.
May be because Russia realises that IRAN are a problem for the future which they expect to be addressed, hence their distancing themselves!

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Saudi Arabia is by far the largest sponsor and exporter of Islamic extremism and terrorism in the world.

I'm not saying Iran poses no threat, of course it does - a far greater one than many people think but for slightly different reasons than some think - but I'd respect people's fear's and dislike if they were more consistent with their rabid paranoia.

I am a simple man and my first reaction when learning of Iran seizing the UK registered tanker was one of anger and wanting instant reprisal attacks far outstripping anything Iran deserved.
After a bit of reflection I realise that now is not the time for hot heads and reasoned diplomacy is far more suitable and desirable.

I am equally certain that our American friends felt similar outrage when learning of the capture of these 'spies'.
First let's not kid ourselves; these people may simply be individuals who have expressed pro-US sentiment, be pro-democracy activists or just disagree with the current administration and some of the more extremist elements within Iran.
But if they are spies then also lets be honest and accept that they knew the risks when engaging in espionage etc - it sort of goes with the territory.
I don't think the US should just accept their execution; it should work tirelessly for a reduction in the sentence or even their release etc.
If not then the US should act reciprocally.

I understand we can not and indeed must not believe that appeasement will suffice in our dealings with Iran, we must remain strong and resolute.
But neither should we simply lash out and wreak death and destruction upon the Iranian people.
We have to learn from our mistakes in Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan etc.

And it would help with our credibility if we were as critical with our 'allies' Saudi Arabia etc.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

No.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Iran keeps testing their luck, sooner or later they will get what they ask for and more.

I just hope that my nation does not shoulder the majority of cost and effort in such a task, as we would be about the least to benefit.

I think it's time we start letting the inhabitants of that neighborhood take care of their own affairs as they are more than capable of doing such.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   

This is a cry for mercy. The sanctions must be hitting hard and they are trying to find a way to save a bit of face. I wish we could have some insight into those back chanels.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Iran keeps testing their luck, sooner or later they will get what they ask for and more.

In two days time Boris Johnson will become our new Prime Minister then he can sort the mess out with a phone call to Trump. Two days to chill before the action starts

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
So like, Saddam was the only person in the Mideast that kept a force like ISIS from rising.

Yea...

*Reply to someone on first page. Phone messed up.
edit on fMondayAmerica/Chicago4208699 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Father and son....together at last.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Yes. The logical country for the the US to have targeted after 9/11 would have been Saudi Arabia but instead they chose Afghanistan. I wonder why?

As I remember, it was because Afghan was a training ground for AQ but then so is/was Somalia, Yemen etc.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

In two days time Boris Johnson will become our new Prime Minister then he can sort the mess out with a phone call to Trump. Two days to chill before the action starts

The words "sort the mess out" and "Boris Johnson" do not sit very well with each other........

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

The words "sort the mess out" and "Boris Johnson" do not sit very well with each other........

Eton mess maybe!!

Joking aside, Boris doesn't exactly have a very good history of diplomatic relations with Iran either (Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Boris Johnson warns Trump he wouldn't support a war with Iran.

Though, that was days before the UK's tanker got seized by Iran. Curious that they are poking every hornets nest they can find.

In the end, no one will have sympathy for Iran, they are going out of their way to piss everyone off. I still fail to see why this means my country needs to be goaded into a conflict, but I would understand it happening.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Iran definitely seems intent on pushing certain nations patience at present.

But it might not all be as it seems.

Political and religious life in Iran has always been far more complicated than many people realise with numerous factions vying for control and influence.

It wouldn't surprise me if a specific faction that has long been rumoured to have successfully placed people into positions of power and strategic control within The Iranian Revolutionary Guard are making some sort of power play.

I have been asked to start a thread on the various factions within Iran and their specific beliefs and roles in Iranian religious and political affairs but to be honest I just haven't got the time to do it justice....and I'm notoriously rubbish at authoring threads!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join