It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science channel new show heads up called "Contact" to debut.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit

originally posted by: Hunkadinka
The flare-dropping exercise was planned way in advance but the gullible tie one to the other because they obviously have a problem accepting truth.

Which potentially leaves us with just three aircraft flying across for Part 1 of the evening. Not sexy AT ALL.

Three or more -- and the problem remains that although there are claims they were Canadian planes, no definitive documentation seems to have been produced.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

saw on my comcast guide for next week, this show will be about ufo's and cover ups. Also an ex CIA employee speaks out. Looking forward to it as usual.
edit on 07pm30pm5091 by data5091 because: insertion

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit

originally posted by: Hunkadinka
The flare-dropping exercise was planned way in advance but the gullible tie one to the other because they obviously have a problem accepting truth.

However, we are not really the target audience for such UFOtainment, are we? A buck will be made, whatever we say. In the meantime, I'll continue digging into cases that are genuinely more anomalous in nature. The Wheat and Chaff principle.

One query remains about Phoenix - witnesses to the first event who recall no sound from the three lights. Can we rationalise this as an example of the second part of the evening (silent flares) accidentally coalescing with the first in witnesses' memories?

No, you cannot rationalize the silent flares with silent flyover of the mysterious craft. If you were underneath the flare exercise you would have heard the jets and possibly the sound the flares made, the sizzling. It was noisy 'neath the flares.

My POV is conjecture.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg
a reply to: Hunkadinka

"Sometimes you have to accept what's offered for the visual impact."

No, I do not have to.

The visual impact is real, but it's a cheat.

Without context any video is worse than useless, just eye-candy to amaze the target audience without any use in understanding the potential causes of the apparition.

IMHO.

Ruling out obvious hoaxes most genuine videos shot by honest folk lack the info you require. Useless is not a good description as the visual info has meaning for the shooter and for those who don't need to know, eye-candy can be enjoyed for itself. The thousands or millions of UFO videos can't be held to strict control. You look at the video and you're left wondering and even if info was supplied with the video to whom is the info important? It's a past event.

edit on 8-9-2019 by Hunkadinka because: To correct grammar.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: data5091

saw on my comcast guide for next week, this show will be about ufo's and cover ups. Also an ex CIA employee speaks out. Looking forward to it as usual.

Just watched the last episode. This is really a great show. I hope others in Ufology follow their lead and start using link analysis software.

There's a treasure trove of data in Ufology and this software can give you meaningful insights.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Totally agree with you. THis show is quite entertaining, even if sometimes the subject matter is nothing new. The subject matter is ufo's being seen, and they go out and see what they can find. It's entertaining, like it is supposed to be, but I sure wish I had that access to their software as you pointed out.
Looking forward to the show tomorrow night about cover ups.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: data5091

Tonight's episode is about alleged ufo cover ups. Look forward to it!

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I do like this show, reminds me of Bill Birne's UFO Hunters (RIP). They are actually trying to find any evidence the ycan, following some decent leads.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: data5091
a reply to: data5091

Tonight's episode is about alleged ufo cover ups. Look forward to it!

Please poke me if they bring up NASA again..... [grin]

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Just watched the latest episode. Very good. I enjoyed this a lot. This was all about the ufo sightings over the past many many years and decades that have been seen and in some cases, as in the famous Malstrom AFB sighting, interfered with missiles at nuclear facilities all around the country. There was a good interview with a airline pilot who was landing a plane in Bariloche, Argentina and who saw a saucer shaped ufo tail him from about 40 meters away. The ufo and many others have been seen hovering over the lake around the town as well. Very credible witness. Sightings in that area were once again tied in to former nuclear testing facilities in that area of Argentina, which are ongoing.

They also talked about how many ufo's have been seen in the U.S. that are on or near military bases and put up a map which was stunning, showed all the sightings, many in large clusters over large nuclear military bases everywhere in the country. They touched on the famous Malstrom AFB sighting again, from back in the late 60's I think it was, where some red oval ufo's were seen, and interacted to shut down the missiles.
There was another sighting of ufo's over the base in 2006, and one team interviewed a man who talked about the sightings seen then. The official explanation for what was seen then was called an "experimental drone."

Two episodes left. Good show. Look forward to the last 2 shows.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   

That's one of the sightings yes. Episode 7 sounds very intriguing. A video of a super high speed ufo is shown and discussed and investigated as one team heads to Salt Lake City to verify the ufo speed shown in the video. This is one topic of a few. Only one more show after this one for this season. Look forward as usual!!!

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
just watched episode 7. I think this was the best episode yet. The show opened with a video of a super high speed ufo which a man in Utah caught in 2016.The team went to Salt Lake City to have the video analyzed, and to verify the speed of the ufo seen. The conclusion was that if someone faked this video they would have had to gone to extraordinary lengths to do so. The speed of the ufo was about 2 miles in 2 seconds.

Then another team went to the Great Falls Mt. area to try to speak to anyone who saw ufo's back in 2006 when there many reported sightings. They met up with a rancher who both saw lights, and had some of his cattle mutilated. They were able to find out there were as many as 100 reported sightings of ufo's in that area back in 2006, and there were many cases of animal mutilations that have never been explained.

This took a team down to Peruibe, Brazil where there have also been many cases of both ufo's and cattle/animal mutilations. It was suggested the team go to Colares, where back in 1977 there were many people who both saw lights int he sky and were the victims of some type of beams of lights from the ufo's. Towards the end of the program they were able to interview a man who recalled the ufo's and in fact saw some lights in the sky. Maps of worldwide ufo sightings/animal cattle mutilations were put up, so this is clearly not confined to the U.S., these ufo sightings and animal mutilations.

Best show so far I thought, with just one more to go for the season.
edit on 19am30am5091 by data5091 because: typo

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   
While the show has given me some incidents I've never heard of that's about it. The people on the show seem totally clueless about the entirety of UFOlogy. Not a one of them had heard of the Phoenix Lights or cattle mutilations?. Really? Wouldn't it seem more sensible to put people out there with at least a rudimentary knowledge of the subject?

I'm not exactly sure what they are looking for anyway. They are just going around the globe with no real sense of purpose. The scenes with the guys at the home office are cringeworthy as the acting is horrible. Overall I give the show 1 out of 5 yet I'll still watch it.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
It's true, the home base portions of the show are really lame. But I do like the show overall, they are finding interesting patterns and talking to experiencers

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   
heads up for the last episode of the season tonight. From what I gather the team looks into intel from both the Navy and Russia on "fast movers," and also tries to track down some major witnesses as well. Hoping for a season 2!

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
just watched the last show of the new series. Show outdid itself again, my opinion. The focus of this show was more on uso's, than ufo's, which hasn't been discussed too much. The show opened with a team who interviewed a Doctor in the Colares, Brazil area who was aware of how some people were victims of some type of light beam, by the famous ufo's sightings in that area. The Doctor mentioned there were a lot of people who suffered burns on their bodies from the beams, but it was also said that some people had puncture marks on their bodies, which have been seen on cattle mutilations as well, which I had not been aware of up until this mention. As Spock would have probably said,: "fascinating."

The rest of the focus of the show was on the fact that while we now know of the famous tic tac sightings on the USS Nimitz-2004, it was also brought out there were some spectacular sightings of a uso's that took place as well. And It was also brought up that the NAVY has set up underwater mics/monitoring sites, all over the world, with the specific task of monitoring uso's, as there have been many experiences with things, sounds underwater, that have no explanations. Was not aware until now of this specific program. Then the team interviewed a Russian man very familiar with Russian military and he was asked if what our NAVY was seeing, and hearing underwater, was because of something with a Russian explanation. The man said Russia thought what they were seeing/hearing underwater was because of something we were doing. He said Russia has no idea what these things are as well, nor does our Navy for that matter, and added they were capable of traveling at several hundred knots beneath the water.

Then they interviewed another former NAVY man who saw a uso back in 1991 from a carrier. He saw a uso just had just come out of the water, and next thing he saw, it was gone completely out of sight. He estimated the speed of the object at maybe mach13 or mach 15. Very clear that we and the Russians and probably every other power in the world is seeing/hearing things under the water, they cannot explain.......

Loved this show and this series, and really hoping for a season 2!!

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join